Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The thing that bothers me most about Feaster potentially
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The thing that bothers me most about Feaster potentially

Jul 16, 2019, 8:58 AM

joining the coots, is that Muschump will have the opportunity to take a ready-made Clemson man and once again take credit for someone else's doing.

If Feaster has some success, Muschump will say "look at what I did with Feaster," when we all know that he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.

Even the guy from Coot 247 this morning said as much. He said that basically every single position on the UofSuC team has underwhelmed thus far.

I hope we beat them down like:

Tiger Woods wins 2000 U.S. Open by 15 strokes
Horse Racing: Secretariat wins Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths
NFL Championship Game 1940: Chicago Bears 73, Washington Redskins 0
Super Bowl XXIV: San Francisco 49ers 55, Denver Broncos 10
Football 1916: Georgia Tech 222, Cumberland 0
Football 1997: UCLA 66, Texas 3
Big Ten Championship Game 2014: Ohio State 59, Wisconsin 0
Texas Rangers 30, Baltimore Orioles 3
November 1900: Clemson 51, UofSuC 0
November 2003: Clemson 63, UofSuC 17
November 2016: Clemson 56, UofSuC 7
ETC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The thing that bothers me most about Feaster potentially

Jul 16, 2019, 9:07 AM

I think people need to get over the Gamecocks already. They are no longer our rival, any more than Coastal Carolina or Furman or Citadel or Wofford are our rivals.

Alabama is our one remaining rival...the one team in the country we are not 100% certain we shouldn't be favored by at least a touchdown over.

As far as other rivals...no. Ohio State aspires to be. Oklahoma aspires to be. Georgia aspires to be. Notre Dame aspires to be...but even none of those historical superpowers are presently at that level again either. Florida State was once and might be again but they pretty much vanished down a rabbit hole these last couple years and I don't know if they'll be back for awhile. When you start that Big Fall, rebounding can be...difficult, as we ourselves discovered in the 90's and early 2000's.

But the Gamecocks? Not anymore, and it's not because they've fallen off; they're actually reasonably competitive in an admittedly-mediocre-by-their-usual-standards SEC East, though this year could be a nightmare for them because of their murderer's row schedule. Things have just changed that much with Clemson.

Jul 16, 2019, 1:03 PM

I'm with you. So much with the focus on usuc. It's like picking on a handicapped child.

Jul 16, 2019, 9:08 AM

Let it rest. He is now a Missouri Tiger. I hope he does well there.

I look at it this way.... if he stays at Clemson we likely lose the Syracuse game and the NationalChampionship may not have happened. Brice saved us while Bryant sulked! You have to agree with this because it’s the truth. Bryant May have been a South Carolina boy but he CHOSE to leave!

Thought we were talkin bout Feaster Forester

Jul 16, 2019, 9:17 AM

I think he'll be a Hokie IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thought we were talkin bout Feaster Forester

Jul 16, 2019, 9:25 AM

You’re right I responded to a previous post about Kelly. It’s early .. for me!! I apologize

Re: Thought we were talkin bout Feaster Forester

Jul 16, 2019, 9:44 AM

I wondered where that came from. I've had moments like that, too (usually too late at night and alcohol related mindlessness).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I truly understand

Jul 16, 2019, 5:25 PM

My biggest problem is a lack of knowledge of this new world we I’ve in!!’ However Mr. Buffalo and Mr
Blanton do interfere at times. Nothing like a senior citizen on the internet with a high ball in his hand!

Jul 16, 2019, 9:22 AM

He goes where he goes. I'm not really worried about it either way

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 10:37 AM

Feaster will accomplish nothing at USuC. He will not have an OL in front of him that can open holes.
This fact will probably get him injured.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 12:59 PM

They had 5 guys average over 5 yards per carry last season, and a 6th guy who had 4.8 per carry. None of them have anywhere near the talent of Feaster IMO, so why do you think he'd do so horrible there?

Jul 16, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: The thing that bothers me most about Feaster potentially ]

The only thing that worries me is the potential for USuCk’s coaching staff to lean on Feaster for inside information on both our offense and defense. They would gladly take any advantage they could get.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2019, 12:54 PM

I don't see that as a potential issue. Even assuming that Feaster had a lack of character that would go along with something like that, what would he really be able to tell them that they wouldn't already know from scouting? They can see most, if not all of our plays from reviewing video, and pick up on other signals, motions, etc... by doing the same. It's up to our staff to change up signals, throw in wrinkles, etc... throughout each season anyway. If Feaster could possibly tell them anything to hurt us then it's on our coaches, and our coaches are too good for that to be the case.

Accidental +1***

Jul 16, 2019, 10:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Accidental +1***

Jul 16, 2019, 11:06 AM

Like McClellan in the Civil War, who had Lee's orders and still couldn't win a decisive battle, so are the coots. They can have our game plan and still get flattened.

Re: Accidental +1***

Jul 16, 2019, 12:45 PM

Yes if McClellan was a football coach, he would be a play not to lose coach like Lumpy

Jul 16, 2019, 11:15 AM

I have watched the condensed version of nearly all the game from last year over the past several months. Feaster very often showed up well last year. He did not get a ton of carries, but he performed well for much of the year in 2018 when the Tigers went 15-0. Feaster has great straight line speed which he used repeatedly last year to help carry the running game. Feaster was also a real horse going straight into the line more than a few times. He often made 5-7 yards when a lesser, lighter back would have made three. Finally, Feaster has good hands and can catch the ball well and turn it up field with power.

I hate we will not have Feaster in our offensive arsenal in 2019. I hate he transferred to get more carries, but he was a good team player for a long time as Tiger. I'll honor and respect him as one of us and hope he has a good year at his next venue.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't worry, everyone will know the real story***

Jul 16, 2019, 12:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic