Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The situation in Philadelphia now is as bad as I have seen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The situation in Philadelphia now is as bad as I have seen

May 31, 2020, 4:42 PM

What a pathetic coward of a Mayor they have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is anyone surprised?

May 31, 2020, 4:45 PM

To not think riots were coming is to live in a fantasy world.

Sad, but reality of America today

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is anyone surprised?

May 31, 2020, 4:51 PM

The police there - on the rare occasions you see them - are not even wearing riot gear. They must think that might annoy the rioters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is anyone surprised?

May 31, 2020, 5:36 PM

Any country in the world that ever had a grudge against the USA is watching real close right now.

This is a new low for our country.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't even close to a new low***

Jun 1, 2020, 2:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh please

May 31, 2020, 5:40 PM

Mayor Wilson Goode Burned down an entire neighborhood in the 80s when he fire bombed a row home in an attempt to arrest a handful of people. He literally sat on his hands along with the fire department as the entire block went up in flames. It bankrupted the city so badly that the sanitation workers went on strike and trash piled in the streets of Philly for several months until people started hauling it off to the spectrum parking lot.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh please

May 31, 2020, 5:44 PM

marion barry was not a mayor in philadelphia.

May 31, 2020, 5:49 PM

my bad, Wilson Goode, I confused the two.

May 31, 2020, 5:51 PM

From what I’ve seen, you seem to be confused about a lot of things.

May 31, 2020, 5:54 PM

yeah, it was only 30 years ago. How silly of me to forget a name after all of that time.

May 31, 2020, 11:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh please ]

mayor of Washington,dc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 1, 2020, 12:43 AM

That brings back old memories. I was at a meeting, probably 30 years ago with Jack Kent Cooke, owner of the Washington Redskins when he was thinking about building a new stadium in Washington DC and he said to obtain a permit he was going to have to "grease Marion Barry's palm" to the tune of one million bucks. Cooke wanted some leverage and asked the stadium designers where another suitable location in Maryland or Virginia was that would work. He ultimately wound up building the stadium in Maryland.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The situation in Philadelphia now is as bad as I have seen

May 31, 2020, 5:56 PM

It should be pretty obvious to everyone by now that the political party running these big cities have no idea how to run a city.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Who knew that running a major city was harder than Mayberry

Jun 1, 2020, 1:24 AM

Pretty well established that having one team in power over and over doesn’t work. Gotta switch it up periodically (at all levels of govt)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who knew that running a major city was harder than Mayberry

Jun 1, 2020, 3:06 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mayors_of_the_50_largest_cities_in_the_United_States

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Facts have no place in this argument***

Jun 1, 2020, 2:29 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I said, have to change it up periodically

Jun 1, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Who knew that running a major city was harder than Mayberry ]

Compare this map versus the lowest state education rankings. Change is good. One party solely in power forever is bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_governors

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who knew that running a major city was harder than Mayberry

Jun 1, 2020, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Who knew that running a major city was harder than Mayberry ]

Maybe we should compare Greenville, Columbia, and Charleston. All 3 are in largest counties in SC. Only one did not experience a riot and coincidentally that one is the only city with a republican mayor.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic