Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The players don't have a right to protest at work
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,731

The players don't have a right to protest at work

Sep 25, 2017, 8:55 AM

People are just making up things now to fit their argument, in the media as well as usual. So this is on the NFL and owners, and they have doubled down on their decision to let this situation get out of control and now will pay dearly. Also note, the black power salutes are worse than the kneeling and happening on the field of play, not just during anthem. This is a racist salute or gesture, and any other such salute would not be permitted. This is actually the perfect storm because the league is now going to get pulled apart from both directions, the player safety movement (change the rules, change the game movement), generally from the left/media, and now the anti-protester movement, generally from the right. Ratings were already sharply declining and those of us who know anything about football know the product on the field had been eroding for years. Two teams moving to LA will also prove to be a fatal business decision, a city that has proven time and time again it can't support NFL teams. The problem is you can take back 3 billion spend on a new stadium, that money will be gone. Oops.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Clemson football!!!***

Sep 25, 2017, 9:01 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The players don't have a right to protest at work

Sep 25, 2017, 9:02 AM

oops, can I gt my point back

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They do if their employers have no rule against...

Sep 25, 2017, 9:02 AM

Which the commissioner and all the owners came out in support of the players. So your point is invalid. The raised fist isn't a black power symbol, it's a symbol of solidarity that was used by white people before a black person ever used it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either you didn't read my post or don't have any reading

Sep 25, 2017, 9:03 AM

comprehension what so ever.

The players work for the fans.

Sep 25, 2017, 9:23 AM

They are entertainers.

The owner is the studio
The coach is the director.

If you don't like the actors, don't buy the tickets. Turn the channel. That is your say, not tnet.

When ratings plummet, your voice will be heard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Uhh yes they do

Sep 25, 2017, 9:49 AM

The NFL can't take away their first amendment rights. However, the 1st amendment only protects you from the government, not your employer. But the NFL clearly is not against it, so it's a moot point.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,731
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic