Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The only reason CBB will get 1 more year is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The only reason CBB will get 1 more year is...

Mar 24, 2019, 4:56 PM

His contract.
Some idiot believed he was worthy of being the 28th highest paid coach in the country and besides the fact that his base salary is $2.75 M, his ridiculous buyout is $5.18 M. Are you kidding me??.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just one more way this decade is a mirror-image

Mar 24, 2019, 4:57 PM

of Tommy Bowden's.

Re: The only reason CBB will get 1 more year is...

Mar 24, 2019, 5:07 PM

He needs to be gone!!!

Re: The only reason CBB will get 1 more year is...

Mar 24, 2019, 5:41 PM

He must have a great agent because the person who many refer to as the idiot that gave him the contract was DRad and the BOT’s. DRad is considered a genius when it comes to Dabo and hiring Monty Lee. Plus he deserves props for the Amanda Butler hire for women’s basketball. But many of you think he is an idiot when it comes to Coach B and men’s basketball. I would say DRad has done a great job in all sports with the resources available to him and the AD. Let’s face it most people see Clemson as a football school.

As far back as I can remember we have never made any long term major commitments to Men’s Basketball. We have hired some really good and some bad HC’s and updated LJ but as far as making a similar commitment to our basketball programs as we have for football has not happened. Not sure if it every will.

Clemson finally figured out it takes more than just hiring a big name HC and paying him well to build an elite football program. It takes a major commitment to the entire program down to the smallest detail. I think sometimes it’s the small details that closes the deal for a recruit. But first Clemson has to get a recruit’s attention before the coaches can really go after them. IMO men’s basketball at Clemson can be bland and boring. Not much to get top recruits attention. Firing Coach B might solve some issues but it’s not going to change the overall product at Clemson until we use a similar approach with basketball as we have with football. We need a young Dabo like HC with a vision to change the perception of men’s basketball. A HC who can bring energy, excitement and interest in the basketball program.

My point is just firing Coach B and hiring another HC is not going to change Clemson Basketball. I would like to know what others think and ideas you have about Men’s BB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't be fired this year

Mar 24, 2019, 5:56 PM

he may see the writing on the wall for next year and pursue another job on his own. Clemson needs a coach; young, old, purple, green to establish a true identity, which is what Dabo has done. It is a culture change. It can be done, but it will take the right guy. Now, who that guy is? Sadly, I dont think it's Brad

Radakovich also hired Audra Smith

Mar 24, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The only reason CBB will get 1 more year is... ]

who when 52-99 in 5 years. Is he going to get props for that hire?

So we keep him and buy him out next year

Mar 24, 2019, 6:03 PM

With next years salary included it would cost us roughly 3.6 million. Or 5.18 million for a clean break this year. Well, we do have the new ACC Network TV money kicking in.

Or, you wait until May 1 when his buyout drops to 850K.

I think he's back, but anything is possible, including him moving to another job

Re: So we keep him and buy him out next year

Mar 24, 2019, 6:35 PM

striperfan said:

With next years salary included it would cost us roughly 3.6 million. Or 5.18 million for a clean break this year. Well, we do have the new ACC Network TV money kicking in.

Or, you wait until May 1 when his buyout drops to 850K.

I think he's back, but anything is possible, including him moving to another job

The buyout now is not that much. It’s probably less than $1.5M from what I have seen. It drops bellow a million next year as you mentioned...

So where did his 5.18 million figure come from?

Mar 24, 2019, 6:43 PM

Have to admit that seems high

Re: So where did his 5.18 million figure come from?

Mar 24, 2019, 7:22 PM

striperfan said:

Have to admit that seems high

Yes, that was way off...

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic