Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The last report That I read concerning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The last report That I read concerning

Jul 26, 2018, 9:26 PM

Seth Beer is...... he has played in 38 games with 136 official at bats, hitting 328 with 7 homers
Most of his games have been in the outfield but he played a few games at first .... with no errors. I believe I read where he has 25 Strike outs with 19 walks. If anyone has more up to date stats for Seth, please post them. Those numbers will move him up the ladder.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last report That I read concerning

Jul 26, 2018, 9:28 PM

That’s a lot more than I knew. Thanks for the update.

Jul 26, 2018, 9:36 PM

A legend

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a link...

Jul 26, 2018, 9:37 PM

...hitting .324 with 7 homers. 21 RBI's with 18 walks vs 25 strikeouts.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/players/98604/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Here's a link...

Jul 26, 2018, 9:39 PM

To get an update at any time
Go to milb.com
Type beer in the search bar

Re: Here's a link...

Jul 26, 2018, 9:58 PM

For those interested, Seth plays for Quad Cities in a low A class of minor league ball. He probably got better competition in college ball than he does now. Minor league ball is tough even for a youngster such as Seth. The travel is the toughest part. I suspect that some of his coaches aren’t much older than he is. Hope he can work his up to double AA by the end of the year. Long way off right now.

In rookie ball where he was for a week or so, maybe

Jul 27, 2018, 7:53 AM

he faced lesser competition. Not in low A ball, which is what the Midwest League is. This is such a common overstatement of the college game. Every one of these minor league players were drafted. What percentage of all the players Clemson faces in a season will actually be drafted. 25%? 30%? It's pro ball. The talent level is far better than almost all college teams. Only an elite few college teams will see half their players drafted

Re: In rookie ball where he was for a week or so, maybe

Jul 27, 2018, 11:17 AM

You are certainly correct in your assessment of the league players. I’m sure Seth is seeing more good pitching in class A ball than he did in college. I often made the post during the season that Seth was good at hitting opposing pitchers mistakes and he was. He is seeing less of those ‘mistakes’ now and he is hitting very well. It would be interesting to see a chart of where his hits are going now. I would bet he is less of a pull hitter now and is learning to hit where the ball is pitched. I know in rookie ball he hit a few homers to left field. He certainly has the power to produce big hits.

The Midwest League is traditionally a pitchers league

Jul 27, 2018, 5:51 PM

big ball parks. Most players in it will be Seth's age or a little older. He's on a good track right now. If he keeps hitting he'll probably open in High A next season, which is right where he should be.

Jul 27, 2018, 7:39 AM

Chris Williams is hitting .276, with 9 hrs and 33 rbi's with the Elizabethton Twins. I get to see him next Friday, Saturday and Sunday when the Twins come to play the Pulaski Yankees. Of course it's only Appalachian League rookie ball. I'll get to see Jake Higgenbothim later in August.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Jul 27, 2018, 7:39 AM

Chris Williams is hitting .276, with 9 hrs and 33 rbi's with the Elizabethton Twins. I get to see him next Friday, Saturday and Sunday when the Twins come to play the Pulaski Yankees. Of course it's only Appalachian League rookie ball. I'll get to see Jake Higgenbothim later in August.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

What level in the minors is he in?***

Jul 27, 2018, 9:20 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Low A, which is an aggressive track for a kid in college

Jul 27, 2018, 5:53 PM

a few months ago

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic