Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The health of Clemson athletics
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,383

The health of Clemson athletics

Mar 19, 2018, 3:49 PM

Check out the following video from 20:30 to 22:25: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AMI9_tEs0

We've really got something special right now from top to bottom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Do we really want CBB if he doesn't understand the 1:00 paw?

Mar 19, 2018, 4:09 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Do we really want CBB if he doesn't understand the 1:00 paw?

Mar 19, 2018, 4:10 PM

LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do we really want CBB if he doesn't understand the 1:00 paw?

Mar 19, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Do we really want CBB if he doesn't understand the 1:00 paw? ]

Come on ! We were playing on west coast time so he adjusted the positioning. Geez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The health of Clemson athletics

Mar 19, 2018, 4:14 PM

This says a lot about Coach BB and his character, IMO. It also says a lot about the support he gets from the University and from the Athletic administration and his program's commitment to giving back a quality product to the university. He knows he has to get results, but he accepts that responsibility, and is he evermore delivering on his end. Very proud of this man and his team!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2018, 5:41 PM

No question Clemson's athletic programs are in good shape, particularly football and now basketball. (Should have made the NCAA last year, but ...) I've watched Brownell since UNC-Wilmington and he can flat-out coach, and adapt his scheme if need be. Plays a bit faster than those days. Better athletes, maybe. (FWIW, nobody in Wilmington has gotten over losing him, run off by a new chancellor and new AD apparently trying to make some weird statement, because it was not the money. His replacement immediately had five four of five losing seasons, three of them losing 20 games.) But he is a class act, went off to Wright State and to the NCAA twice there. Wilmington, meanwhile, has been back once. But: in reading his comments after the Auburn rout, I was struck by how much he sounded like Dabo Swinney. Almost Dabo 2.0. And that can't be a bad thing.

Mar 19, 2018, 4:32 PM

In my lifetime, I felt like Clemson basketball was about to “turn the corner” to sustained success twice - with Barnes and Purnell. Both times, after we had momentum and strung together some consecutive tournament appearances, the coach left and we lost that momentum and slid back towards mediocrity.

My sincere hope is that we can use the momentum this time to really make this a special place for basketball. Facilities, coaching stability, coaching strategy, uptick in recruiting, and now recent success are all coalescing at the same time. I would argue we have all these ingredients at the same time for the first time in Clemson basketball history.

On the horizon too, there will be retirements in Chapel Hill, Durham and Syracuse maybe within five years time. UVa just suffered a body blow which may set back the very impressive trajectory and long term success of Bennett. Plus, Louisville is currently in very uncertain waters.

So, if not now, when? It’s time for our Tiger Basketball program to grab the brass ring.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,383
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic