Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The good, the bad, and the ugly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Nov 21, 2019, 8:55 AM

The bad. My oldest didnt make the cut for early acceptance into clemson

The ugly.. she did get into scar

The good..
She stil has a shot at clemson in the spring.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: The good, the bad, and the ugly

Nov 21, 2019, 8:57 AM

Sorry to hear that, but it could be a blessing in disguise. Transferring in is always an option and would probably save you serious $$$$.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 21, 2019, 8:59 AM

^^^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^

Still gets a degree from CLEMSON, you save thousands, and she stays safe away from the ######## known as columbia!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 8:59 AM

Bridge program is excellent. Think about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson really doesn't issue all that many early acceptances

Nov 21, 2019, 9:00 AM

If she was a legitimate candidate for early acceptance, I'd say there is a very strong likelihood that she'll receive that coveted "You're TigerTown Bound" acceptance letter in February.

If not, I'm betting bridging would be an option for her.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Nov 21, 2019, 9:13 AM

Keep hustling.

Two things, first - I was Knoxville bound and two days from moving to TN. Then Clemson letter came in - now I can wear the CORRECT orange. Knowing early is nice, but I still will not fret at this time. Spring tends to be a lot more open and right now, part of what admissions will do is see who is actually interested my keeping in constant contact. Some folks like my wife (back in the day) "college" admission letters as valedictorians for the early decisions so often those spots vary. She was Wake, VT, W&M, Carnegie Mellon, Georgia, Johns Hopkins, Richmond, and a few others. She went elsewhere to a non-early admit place. Ironically I was waitlisted at VT (despite some legacy advantages) but I had 0% interest in going and they kinda knew that since the contact time was basically nothing, not to waste a spot on me. Never Bleaksburg.

Secondly. From my experience on the academic side, those that hustle for a specific spot are those that graduate. I have always been more impressed with a few of the tri-county kid that hustle and transfer in over some of the standard path kids. You can always tell which students are hungry to be there and succeed.

Just say no to cootlumbia. I will quietly say that Winthrop is my non-Clemson, non-Citadel preferred public school. Even over CofC, but that is close. Kinda odd but from a academic side, Winthop would be perfect for an undergrad and then getting a graduate degree from a Tier 1 Research like Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 9:18 AM

If not Clemson, PC. Yes, Presbyterian College is awesome.

null

Hang in there

Nov 21, 2019, 9:18 AM

My oldest got her acceptance after Thanksgiving, and ended up going to Winthrop
My next one had a better resume, and did not get accepted until February (now a CU junior)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very high bar for early acceptance - don't sweat it!***

Nov 21, 2019, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thru the years - I have spoken to the Pres and others about

Nov 21, 2019, 9:40 AM

my concerns regarding acceptance.
I have been fortunate to do quite a bit of hiring and been on Clemson's campus looking for business and engineering majors. While there - I was asked - what they could do to better prepare graduates. During these talks - I was able to also discuss a matter that is close to my heart. LEGACY.
I understand the need to improve and get the best and brightest.
But I also understand the need for Legacy.
I went to Clemson from 77-81. Both of my sisters went to Clemson. We were from North Augusta and back then - the family unit generally did not stray too far from each other (of course there are exceptions.)
Thru the years - families have moved away from the hometowns more than ever. I have lived in 7 states and 2 foreign countries. I would have liked my 3 kids to go to Clemson. Unfortunately, none will for a few reasons.
When you move away from SC - you pay out of state. That can be a huge drain on resources. I asked for there to be a LEGACY price. Something in between in state and out of state cost. Help the Legacy continue by not making it cost prohibitive for many families.
The second thing I asked for - was some lee-way on acceptance. No - I did not expect a 800 SAT score when the average is 1200. But why not let Legacy families that are close or marginal - get in?
Their love of Clemson should mean something.
By not doing those things - our families will go to different schools and the once upon a time Clemson Family - will now be Clemson, Ohio State, Kentucky, etc.
anyway - I could and will dream where someone like your daughter gets Legacy treatment.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. 8 Tigers in my family - I moved out of state. Now, my

Nov 21, 2019, 9:45 AM

kids would pay $220,000 for 4 years at Clemson vs $85,000 in state in NC.

First son got accepted into Clemson - and I told him I wanted him to go and we would make it work. But, he's a good kid, and said he was going to stay in state...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thru the years - I have spoken to the Pres and others about

Nov 21, 2019, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Thru the years - I have spoken to the Pres and others about ]

You didn't happen to work for Strom, did you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 9:53 AM

lol - not sure if that is a jab about my age.
i did know the man and spend some time with his family - but no - i did not work for him.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Thru the years - I have spoken to the Pres and others about ]

Meant no offense on the age thing. Knew someone from N. Augusta at Clemson during that same time who went to work for Strom after graduating, initials A.T.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic