Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The difference between good and great is quality depth.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

The difference between good and great is quality depth.

Jun 15, 2012, 6:58 AM

We're on the verge of having it everywhere. The one exception is perhaps the most important--OL.

The biggest difference between 'Bama and Clemson through the last 20 years--and I know 'Bama had some down times in that stretch--is their third team would have competed for pt in Clemson. We've had a solid set of starters most years, but had a real lack of quality depth. When you can go three deep with quality it's hard to beat you.

One of the biggest reasons for the late-season collapse last year was the loss of Phillip Price. I hope BT is a whole lot better at LT this year, because there was a big drop-off when he came in for PP. I'm concerned about the OL. We need a bunch of hosses to build depth there.

But we're seeing it everywhere else now. We're deep on D at every position. We're deep at all the skill on O.

GOTTA FOCUS ON THE OL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: The difference between good and great is quality depth.

Jun 15, 2012, 7:47 AM

i'm in full agreement.
but still excited about Robert N.
and isn't all the sweeter to watch the coots gnashing of teeth...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RN is a huge part of that depth now. With Goodman

Jun 15, 2012, 9:24 AM

finishing his career this season, we need quality at DE. We sure got it! The DL is in great shape for years to come. at LB we're deep. The secondary is deep.

the only real issue with our depth is OL. Absolutely have to notch it up in OL recruiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Agree. One of the reasons Bear Bryant's Alabama teams

Jun 15, 2012, 9:34 AM

won so much was that his third stringers would start for any other team in the nation. Maybe this latter day Bryant will build a program like that.

Re: I Agree. One of the reasons Bear Bryant's Alabama teams

Jun 15, 2012, 10:35 AM

Yeah. That was before the Bear Bryant Rule, limiting teams to 85 schollies. He was notorious for putting kids on scholly just to keep them off the opponents' rosters.

Thats extremely difficult to do in todays game. Times have

Jun 15, 2012, 10:41 AM

changed. Kids want to play right away so its much harder to build a deep roster.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic