»
Topic: The chicken littles on here are unbelievable at times.
Replies: 12   Last Post: Apr 24, 2018 2:19 PM by: AikenTiger1114
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

The chicken littles on here are unbelievable at times.

[2]
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 5:34 AM

The posts worrying about no OL recruits had me both laughing and wondering just what goes through the mind of you people. Last time I checked our roster was loaded with young OL talent and we have been able to develop players in this position like no other school. Grow a set folks and trust Dabo and his staff. They've earned that right.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: The chicken littles on here are unbelievable at times.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 6:08 AM

As a clemson fan I can’t worry about OL recruiting? While I agree we been pulling great talent (Carman, Bockhost, Pollard, etc...) it should worry you that given the small class sizes we have had to pass on quality depth.

OL is extremely difficult to gauge and if we have just a few people not hit or go pro early we will be looking at some serious depth concerns in the next 2-3 year span. I’m not sure me worried about our team over the next few years constitutes me being a chicken but if so my bad.

your concerns regarding the OL are well founded.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 7:05 AM

Just remember some on here can't handle even the most constructive criticism. It is true Dabo has done a great job recruiting and continues to but if there is a position tough to recruit it is OL. I think we banked on the new facilities helping bring in players and I'm sure they have but it still takes a lot of work getting these kids here. I have a 6'5" 320 lb nephew who signed with Wingate who just decided to quit his freshman season. He's still in school but no longer playing football. OL are a different breed no question. Any team needs a good deal of depth at OL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Dabo appreciates your constructive criticism

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 9:11 AM

and will surely make some changes based on it

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

What exactly are you constructing?***

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 9:26 AM

As a no worrying fan I can I make fun of wrorriers?

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 9:22 AM

If you fret over this stuff, it may be time to find a new hobby.

[1]
Posted: Apr 24, 2018 6:49 AM

I don’t think the OP understands OL recruiting or depth issues. We only took two last year so this is a big year for our OL recruiting. Problem is the OL is not a position where you can throw in freshmen without suffering consequences so you must keep the pipeline full. Never know when someone has to quit for medical reasons or a particular recruit does not pan out

We redshirted 3 last year as well

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 9:13 AM

Up to 5 freshman after a small class last year is good

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

those redshirts might all become a Spencer Region

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 11:25 AM

or they may become a Mitch Hyatt... but they usually become somewhere between Tyrone Crowder and Maverick Morris after 2-3 years of development. very good to great OLmen are not as plentiful as we want to think, otherwise, we would be able to cherry pick better in-state OLinemen but this state just doesn't produce them to the level that our program needs to remain in the NC discussions.

it's not a time to worry, and as an alumnus and fan, I don't fret... but Bockhorst, DeHond, Carman or Vinson can easily go the way of Fruhmorgen or JK Jay... even Jay Guillermo had to take a pause so hopefully, the master plan of Dabo and Co is getting those crops ready for harvest...

2018 white level member

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 8:58 AM

I am OLD SCHOOL. I believe that every class should include at least two OL, a class this large should include three at least. That is one position where I think that stars are pretty much irrelevant. I have many great three stars and many four and five stars who were busts because they could not adapt to playing college competition. I also think that every class needs at least one DT, (one this large, probably two or three) and at least one WDE and one SDE, a safety or two, and two CBs(I would like another in this class although every single DB we have picked up in this appears to be capable of either position) and three LBs at least. We have already picked up a high level QB, a good TE(although I'd like another), high level a running back, and a high level wide receiver(three positions we are stacked at), so I would like to see us concentrate on those linemen. You only play one QB, one running back, and at most, four wide receivers on a play, but you play five OLs on every play. My two cents.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 9:03 AM

What’s the problem? With ALL THE PLAYMAKERS we have we can just load the field with them and throw up jump balls on every snap instantly.

(j/k for any that dint turn on the sarcasm meter)

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 11:33 AM

With an emphasis on chicken.

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 2:19 PM

The posts worrying about no OL recruits had me both laughing and wondering just what goes through the mind of you people. Last time I checked our roster was loaded with young OL talent and we have been able to develop players in this position like no other school. Grow a set folks and trust Dabo and his staff. They've earned that right.

You people??? ??????

Replies: 12  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 3 season tickets on the 50 yard line in section TDO, row P, $2100 for all.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1519 people have read this post