Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Year of Replacements
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

The Year of Replacements

Jun 6, 2020, 4:24 PM

If you are looking for a post on coronavirus, social distanceing or racial bias, you might as well just look om the football board because my topic is about household appliances. To establish a time frame, I will have to admit this has occurred during the coronavirus era while we have been under house arrest.

First, one of the slide-out drawers in our kitchen came off the tract and we had to unload pots and pans which are now in boxes because the repairman had a daughter get married and then the virus and he has not been able to come by yet. The ice maker in the refrigerator went on the fritz. When we wanted ice cubes all we could get was crushed ice. We could live with that for while. The other day the spin cycle in the washing machine was not working. She wrung out by hand most of the water and put the clothes in the drier and set it for the operating mode. When my daughter went back later, the clothes were still wet and the drier was on the fritz.

My daughter called the appliance repairman and told him about her three problems. Rather than making a house call he told my daughter to turn up the speaker on her phone and he would walk her through her inspection to possibly indicate the problem. Now to the washing machine. The walk through inspection indicated we needed a new machine. Now to the drier. Same diagnosis, get a new drier. He said the problems were major and repairs were not justified. And no, he does not sell new appliances.

Now to the refrigerator. He guided my daughter through a step by step inspection and within five minutes the problem was solved. The charge for this service---$0.00. If any of you have appliance problems, you can contact my daughter but there may be a consultation free.

Last year I had my roof replaced and three years ago I had a new heat pump installed. The only appliance left that can go wrong is my 16 cu.ft. freezer. I bought this freezer in the late 1960's and it's still working perfectly but I'm keep my fingers crossed.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff Joe. Thanks!***

Jun 6, 2020, 4:57 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Year of Replacements

Jun 6, 2020, 5:05 PM

That freezer might be a collector's item.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 5:31 PM

My dad has an upright freezer that's from the 1930s. It belonged to my grandparents and still works fine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 9:15 PM

Is that freezer for sale?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic