Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The "Thinning Of The Herd" 11/24 Edition (Prettiest 1 Loss)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

The "Thinning Of The Herd" 11/24 Edition (Prettiest 1 Loss)

Nov 24, 2019, 7:21 AM

Although the original intent of this weekly post was to talk you all off the ledge back in October when you may have thought (foolishly) that there would be more than 4 undefeated teams, I do feel compelled to continue my service by shifting gears just a bit.

The herd now is in a race to be the prettiest 1 loss team and get into playoffs. And that quest also has plenty of drama and thinning that is fun to watch.

So here we go….2 weeks from securing the playoffs. Some seem to be poised to step up and in. Others seem poised to get caught...and thinned right out of the herd.

Recap Of Last Week
We said goodbye to Oregon and we no longer have to worry about some crazy uniform color combo in the playoffs. The Ducks did not need to wait to get beat in the desert in the playoffs, they got beat in the desert last night. We also said goodbye to Penn State, who wears the same uniforms since the 50’s. Both have 2 losses and are done…even if they win a conference championship.

All other contenders held on….for now. But 7 days from now the herd will most certainly be reduced. Here is a look at the 9 teams that are still in the hunt for the CFP. And the thinning of that herd is poised to take hold next Saturday.

Next Week: Guaranteed Thinning Will Take Place
None

"Upset Alert”
Colorado at Utah…The Utes are better than the Buffs….but Oregon’s lesson last night is one that Utah needs to heed carefully.

Oklahoma at Oklahoma State…Jalen Hurts threw the ball to the wrong team a few times last week and OSU has quietly won 8 games with The Mullet.

Ohio State at Michigan…I have zero confidence Jim Harbaugh can win a big game in the big house. But you have to get your first consequential win sometime, right?

Alabama at Auburn…Lot’s of love for Bama QB for Mac Jones for shredding Western Carolina’s defense, the same Western Carolina defense that gave of 59 points to Wofford and 60 points to Chattanooga.

Wisconsin at Minnesota…Nice bounce back win for the “row your boaters”, but the Badgers play big boy football on the ground and the Gophers will need more than a paddle to beat the big cheese.

Will Keep Winning....For Now
Clemson at South Carolina…Walk of Champions and how many Clemson fans are in WB will be the two biggest story lines.

Georgia at Georgia Tech…Both of these teams are throwing the ball about as well as the other. And that is not a compliment.

Baylor at Kansas…The mad hatter will pull every trick he has…which is basically like a bottle rocket that does not explode.

Texas A&M at LSU…Kellen Mond to Jalen Wydermeyer is not really a game plan, although one would have thought Jimbo believed so vs. UGA.

"The Road To A Repeat Begins With The Tiger Pregame Show"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Scott

Nov 24, 2019, 7:26 AM

As someone who doesn’t follow anybody but Clemson closely, these big picture wrap ups have been very informative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Thanks Scott

Nov 24, 2019, 8:23 AM

I agree. Its nice that following Clemson is about the only thing that really matters these days

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

indeed!***

Nov 24, 2019, 9:05 AM

Re: The "Thinning Of The Herd" 11/24 Edition (Prettiest 1 Loss)

Nov 24, 2019, 7:45 PM

Always enjoy your post. Great stuff!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The "Thinning Of The Herd" 11/24 Edition (Prettiest 1 Loss)

Nov 24, 2019, 7:57 PM

Surprised that Utah is on upset alert and hope like heck you are right about the Tigers handling their business, That game in coot town is more important than a national championship to me!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't get to the National Championship if we don't

Nov 25, 2019, 5:29 AM

win in Columbia...so I agree. Saturday is big!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic