Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"The Taunt"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

"The Taunt"

Jan 12, 2014, 1:57 PM

So, I am in a restraunt in Cootlumbia. It's a big #### lover establishment. The people who work there are nice enough but I look up and see this pic of that hit on Ellington... the one where he turns and, I think Holloman hits him right as he turns around, puts him on his back and stands over him receiving a penalty for taunting. At the game at the Roach this year, they showed that play as part of their highlight intro. #### fans were lovin' it and doing there "boom" when it was played.

All that to say, why not glorify the pick of Yusef Kelly kicking the #### player in the head? Call it "The ### Kick" make it a limited edition painting and sell it?

I know that two wrongs don't make a right and I am not seriously advocating for this but why would a university "endorse" that particular play and why would somone commmerate it with a print?

Seeing that really does make me realize that Coots are truly classless.

Needed to get that out there cause I can't understand why a play, where you are called for taunting becomes something to commemerate. You don't teach kids to act like that so why glorify that action?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw someone on my FaceBook feed

Jan 12, 2014, 1:59 PM

who received a framed print of it for Christmas.

It basically just goes to show you the class of much of their fanbase.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw someone on my FaceBook feed

Jan 12, 2014, 2:04 PM

Yeah... that's the one. It's pretty redneck when you think about it. I mean, and it pains me to say this but, they have won the past 5 games and have plenty of other plays that could highlight this accomplishment. I mean seriously, what if Clemson's video production team developed a video and flashed up that scene, or the helmet being thrown in the stands after "The Brawl" at our home game next year?

Clemson is better than that. Period.

Jan 12, 2014, 2:10 PM

It's called class.

Clemson's video production team isn't going to do it, and

Jan 12, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I saw someone on my FaceBook feed ]

yes, local eating establishments probably aren't going to put a framed picture of it up, but it goes without saying that pic of Officer Kelly stomping on the guy's head definitely makes the rounds before the Kerolina game with much glee and pride attached to it. You have a guy right here on this thread talking about how he smiles when he sees it. It was a pathetic moment in time for both teams.

Re: Clemson's video production team isn't going to do it, and

Jan 12, 2014, 2:36 PM

I know that they wouldn't and it is a terrible thing for anyone to be proud of or take joy in. I was at that game and with some young #### fans. It was difficult to watch and difficult to explain.

Re: Clemson's video production team isn't going to do it, and

Jan 12, 2014, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Clemson's video production team isn't going to do it, and ]

being quite facetious actually, just to ruffle up the feathers, since they enjoy doing it here.
in truth, i think it was a thuggish move & an eye for an eye doesn't really make anyone the winner.
crazy things happen when emotions run wild & i witnessed that...it was a crazy scene! i was honestly surprised nobody on either team faced charges!

Still...Go Tigers!

My favorite part of that whole melee was the Coot that

Jan 12, 2014, 2:38 PM

I'm pretty sure in the craziness of the situation whips around and pushes a couple of S.C.'s finest in uniform, lol. Nowadays, pretty sure they would have tazed or shot him dead and figured it out later.

Jan 12, 2014, 9:24 PM [ in reply to I saw someone on my FaceBook feed ]

Is this from the same class Clemson folks I saw throw "Zero Candy Bars" on the field in 1999? Or the one that said Marcus Lattimore's favorite restaurant was IHOP?

Class (and no class) is nothing unique to any group, fan base, and one truthfully has no right to claim something over the other.

I saw both (seen every SC / CU game since 1983) and I saw all the nice comments about ML until one had to throw out IHOP joke and then 4/5 chuckled along.

Why disparage an entire group for the actions of a few?

Throwing candy bars on a field is so thuggish. Got us there.

Jan 12, 2014, 9:54 PM

Not!

One thing is not like the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Throwing candy bars on a field is so thuggish. Got us there.

Jan 13, 2014, 9:33 AM

Lol...COOTS just aren't intelligent to think of something that clever!!!

Jan 13, 2014, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw someone on my FaceBook feed ]

I don't see the ZERO bars as having anything to do with bad taste. That game was the only hope the cluckers had to stop the Zero and 11. At least the guys and girls that did the clean up, had some pretty ### good candy bars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ManNBlack don't let the truth get in way of good story

Jan 13, 2014, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw someone on my FaceBook feed ]

I was in the stands in Columbia Nov, 1989 when Danny Ford's Clemson Tigers destroyed the Coots 45-0. I'll assure everyone, there were zero Zero candy bars thrown on the field that night. You say yes, I say NO. How in the world would Clemson fans know to bring Zero candy bars and that the final score was gonna be 45-0. The next week a joke going around was to give your Coot friend a Colt 45 malt liquor and a Zero candy bar. But I'll assure you nobody threw Zero candy bars on the field that Saturday night.

Now if you want to talk about how the class-less Coots cursed my wife and I and wanted to fight as we left Willy Brice Stadium I'd be glad to discuss that with you too.

Jan 13, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw someone on my FaceBook feed ]

you tell em Llyod Yaun...must be a slow day at south aiken lol

Throwing Zero candy bars is a d@mn fine taunt if you ask me

Jan 13, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I saw someone on my FaceBook feed ]

No matter who the "victim" is and has nothing to do with class. That's just creative, not to mention funny. Unless, I dunno, you're freezing them in advance and launching them with a cannon with the intent to injure. Then maybe it'd be on the same level as a post-hit illegal taunt. You can bet your behind I'm never going to frame a picture of Vic Beasley making a (supposed) throat-slash gesture after sacking Braxton Miller.

Great point. That's pretty embarrassing, but the irony is

Jan 12, 2014, 2:01 PM

sorely lost on that crowd.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than a mini streak against us, whet else do they have?

Jan 12, 2014, 2:03 PM

Nothing.

Re: "The Taunt"- I'd like a scoreboard pic of the final

Jan 12, 2014, 2:03 PM

on our next win. MY last one is in black and white. ;)

(I'm covering for franc till he clocks in today)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have been to a USuCk game right...? i'm sure you've seen

Jan 12, 2014, 2:05 PM

that's how incubate their little chicks & hatch'em.

they teach them about classlessness very young, so they don't know any better.

if slurrier says it tv shows a clip it's automatic chicken-lore, even if it's wrong or ignorant & childish (cootish).

We just have to have MORE pride & respect!
although when i see that Yusef Kelly pic, it always brings a smile to my face or at least warms my heart on the inside if i'm around respectable company ;)

Re: you have been to a USuCk game right...? i'm sure you've seen

Jan 12, 2014, 2:13 PM

Oh yeah... I was there this year with family who are #### fans. There was a guy in front of us, with his kid, flipping off our team and yelling #### You Dabo! He was referring to the few Clemson fans around as "Taters." He was like... "dayuum... we got us some Taters in our section." I assume he had his other son with him. Inbred lookiin' kid with a tatoo on the back of his neck. There were some other Clemson fans down the aisle from us and apparently this "classy guy" with his kids knew the #### fans sitting next to the Clemson fans. When some arguing broke out, between the Clemson fans and this guys pals the redneck in front of us kept sayin "I got you" to his pals like he was gonna do something. His redneck skinny tatted son started cuzzin' like his soakin' wet 110 lb ### was gonna do something. Whole thing was surreal. I felt for the young kid because his dad was a total neck and the cycle wasn't going to be broken.

Re: you have been to a USuCk game right...? i'm sure you've seen

Jan 13, 2014, 8:43 AM

Its really sad when the mothers of those types says with a warm heart feeling smile, he is just like his daddy.

What restaurant is it***

Jan 12, 2014, 2:08 PM

Re: What restaurant is it***

Jan 12, 2014, 2:17 PM

It's in West Columbia. Breakfast place. I can't remember the name but want to say Just Us Cafe? Again, real nice people. Great staff and good food but that pic was over the top and got me thinking about the rivalry and the fact that this was a play that was chosen to be glorified. On top of that, you have the Ellington family involved. Wonder how Bruce reacts to that?

Jan 12, 2014, 2:21 PM

Tell them.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 12, 2014, 2:26 PM

Yeah... I'm sure they would listen to me. Place was packed, food was good. They would probably be like... "take a hike." It's not like I know the people there. They have a lot of other commemerative stuff up that's historical and cool. It's just that pic. The pic got me thinking about the rivalry and how that particular play is glorified. I'm not really all about asking the owner to take it down. It's more just message board discussion about the rivalry.

Soon as I read it I knew it was "Just Us"

I eat there every week. The people are very friendly and don't trash talk. They have both Clemson and Scar Jewelry warehouse gameday sticker rolls. The picture is pretty tasteless though. It's worse but not a ton worse than the Deandre McDaniel hit on Ponder imo if you consider the pretty significant injury it put on him. The difference though is Clemson doesn't show it or frame it - it's more of a message board favorite.

It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it

Jan 12, 2014, 2:23 PM

at the state fair.

Striking a pose over an opponent is not the same as kicking someone in the head while their on the ground. One is an over zealous celebration and the other is thug behavior indicative of being a POS and would get you locked up ifyou did it on the street.

Clemson fans really don't understand what class and classless are

Are you seriously trying to insinuate that Coots

Jan 12, 2014, 2:26 PM

Have more class than Clemson folk??

Haha!! You're dumber than I thought.

Ah, another idiot that conveniently forgets that

Jan 12, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

seconds prior, the coot was literally attempting to strangle Kelly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You mean our players didn't run down the hill and charge

Jan 12, 2014, 2:29 PM

the Coot bench??

The Coots would never had met us at the bottom of the hill, that would have been classless.

Re: It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it

Jan 12, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

if you condone swearinger's behavior in any way, shape, or form & deny the classless act in itself...you obviously have neither class nor any idea of it.

i should feel for you but i don't.

you're just another stinking filthy coot on a Clemson forum trying to start crap & making yourselves look even less valid & more inferior. why are you here & not worshiping that pic on your own team's forum, since it's yet another great USuCk accomplishment?

did you finally get all that trash picked up at the state fair? ;)

Jan 12, 2014, 2:31 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

Hey #### hat... I'm simply trying to point out that glorifying anything that is outside the confines of sportsmanlike play is inappropriate. I used the pic of Yusef Kelly as an example. Please note that my original post stated that I was not "advocating" for this but using it as an example of how one could glorify an inappropriate action. Commemerating that particular play is classless.

Don't waste your time

Jan 12, 2014, 2:33 PM

We all know Coots don't understand logic.

Its still not a good comparison

Jan 12, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

One is battery and the other is childish playground behavior that can be laughed at in hindsight since there were no major consequences for it.

Re: Its still not a good comparison

Jan 12, 2014, 2:40 PM

Well thank you for coming on the board and moderating. Your title of "Comparison Police" is duly noted. Now shut the hell up and go back to FGF and tell them of this discussion where you defended your #### loving brethren with such vigor.

What is FGF?

Jan 12, 2014, 2:45 PM

And I'm sorry you don't understand how taunting and physically kicking somebody aren't comparable

Bahahahahahahahha!!!! What is FGF?!?!

Jan 12, 2014, 2:47 PM

Good one coot.

Re: What is FGF?

Jan 12, 2014, 2:59 PM [ in reply to What is FGF? ]

one was a fight or brawl, where EVERYBODY was fighting & defending themselves. One brawl which the coots started & Clemson ended!
the other was a flag on the field of play & shouldn't be glorified, yet it is by the whole coot fanbase!

Tiger fans would only comment or compliment Kelly for his kicking form! ;)

Re: What is FGF?

Jan 12, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to What is FGF? ]

Cootlumbia is missing a patient on Bull Street. I know you aren't educated but I chose to compare the two events based on the fact that they were both outside the lines of "actual" play on the field. I'm not sure if you went to school but frequently, we were asked to compare and contrast events. What you are trying to do is to take my comparison and contrast the events. That's ok but that's not for this assignment now sit down, shut up and let the advanced students have a discussion.

Advanced students recognize that its a #### comparison

Jan 12, 2014, 3:16 PM

with more to contrast than compare. The only common element is that both were not football plays.

And since Clemson and its fans are a bastion of class I'm shocked you would make fun of patients that are mentally ill.

That reeks of classless

Re: Advanced students recognize that its a #### comparison

Jan 12, 2014, 3:19 PM

You really need some basic lessons in reading comprehension. Where in my post did I make fun of those with mental illness. I simply stated that YOUR crazy #### needed to get back to Bull Street cause they were missing YOU ya crazy fool.

Jan 12, 2014, 3:21 PM

Should read "Where in my post did I make fun of those with mental illess?" I'm sure you have never made a mistake ;)

Right. And by saying Bull Street your referring to the

Jan 12, 2014, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Advanced students recognize that its a #### comparison ]

state hospital. Which works with mentally ill patients. By saying I belong there you're making light of their various situations.

Its classless.

Re: Right. And by saying Bull Street your referring to the

Jan 12, 2014, 3:30 PM

No... I'm simply stating that based on your lunatic rantings, that I will make the assumption that the SC mental hospital is missing a patient and that patient is none other than PoS him/herself. I won't assume your gender, age or anything else. I can only make my assumption based on the fact that your postings reflect an individual who is delousional and may have mental health issues. You may even fit the profile of someone missing from Bull Street. I'm not making light of mental illness nor am I "taunting" individuals or a class of individuals for my sick satisfaction. That would be similar to #### lovers glorifying a play where a person is called for unsportsmanlike conduct ;)

Yea all of what you just said is making light/fun of mental

Jan 12, 2014, 3:35 PM

illness.

Its like calling someone retarded, except it appears you actually believe I do belong on Bull Street. Which makes it worse.

But yall obviously have some issues identify what is classless.

Re: Yea all of what you just said is making light/fun of mental

Jan 12, 2014, 3:39 PM

Ouch... why would you even type the "R" word. You are a siiiiiick puppy. Are you not aware of Rosa's Law and the term intellectual disability. In the future, you may want to preface your use of that word to demonstrate that the "R" word is an archaic and inappropriate term. Step up your game PSoS. You are continuing to rant and I believe that Bull Street may actually be missing you and the opportunity to provide you with that mental health services you appear to need.

PSOS.... you made my point!

Jan 12, 2014, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Advanced students recognize that its a #### comparison ]

You made a comparison! That's what I was doing in this situation. Great job! You were able to recognize a single comparison and that's a start! Way to go! Golden Booger for you!

Jan 12, 2014, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Advanced students recognize that its a #### comparison ]

Wait, you mean like your cock-loving buddies who made the picture of Dabo with a Down's syndrome kid?

Sorry, didn't see your post above about the same***

Jan 12, 2014, 6:38 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Doesn't compare with coot fans making fun of Downs

Jan 12, 2014, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Advanced students recognize that its a #### comparison ]

Syndrome managers on the Clemson football team.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dude, you've got a 5 points mouth with a coot trophy case

Jan 12, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Its still not a good comparison ]

IMVHO. Feel free to exit stage left AT anytime.

The comparison made by CUindahouse was that both were

Jan 12, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Its still not a good comparison ]

inappropriate, not that they were equal. In that regard, it's a fair comparison.

Re: It's a display of arrogance and bad sportsmanship

Jan 12, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

and IT, like your whole football program, is bad for football you dooshwank. You don't have the requisite quantity of brain cells to post on TNet.

Tell 'em coot

Jan 12, 2014, 2:50 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

you would understand "classless"

PS how much "class" are you showing posting on our board?

Jan 12, 2014, 3:56 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

Especially bringing up controversial topics

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing it's NOT: SCarriers stirring up trouble on rivals'

Jan 12, 2014, 6:32 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

boards.

--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 12, 2014, 8:31 PM [ in reply to It was Swearinger and I saw them selling framed photos of it ]

coots started the brawl. Clemson finished it . then coots ran down to the end zone , pushing aside their own coach, to start a second brawl in the endzone, what is so funny about that pic are all the coots lying down in the end zone. a kick to the helmet doesn't amount to much in that situation. cant say I blame the coots for marketing the picture, as much as Clemson has kicked their rears over the years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy solution: Stay out of dumplumbia

Jan 12, 2014, 2:39 PM

Or atleast the inner city. You got to close to 5 points for comfort. Consider yourself lucky to make it out alive. I hope the HazMat gear served it's purpose. However I'd still recommend a thorough examination and perhaps vaccines. Maybe even the use of a pressure washer and some sand blasting.

Just remember the rule of thumb is if you start seeing car flags, you've gone to far. Nothing says cootlumbia like car flags, maroon colored vehicles, and kissin cousins. And how could I leave out the Obama Gas Station. (Yes, there is actually an Obama GS in smugCity)

Re: This image usually works

Jan 12, 2014, 2:46 PM
63-17.jpg(153.6 K)

I like it

That is pretty funny. An Obama gas station. I wish

Jan 12, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Easy solution: Stay out of dumplumbia ]

someone would spend the 4,000 bucks on changing up their signs and do that up here in the Upstate. I can see the uptight folks up here actually protesting it or something stupid.

Personally I avoid spending my money

Jan 12, 2014, 3:17 PM

In known coot establishments if at all possible. Wild Wing Cafe is tops on my list of " Don't Patronize"

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I remember vividly one TNet member posting...

Jan 12, 2014, 9:45 PM

Scar is the only university that eats is own mascot, and also supports a business that sells cooked parts of its mascot.

PETA needs to picket....

Oh, wait. That means Pam Anderson would come to Cola.

Re: "The Taunt"

Jan 12, 2014, 3:36 PM

Because they glorify thug play, it's a staple of COOT football!

the taunt doesn't come close to my glossy of "THE CATCH"!

Jan 12, 2014, 6:03 PM

1978 version.....maybe the most significant one play in the series history. Of course, that fact is open for discussion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the taunt doesn't come close to my glossy of "THE CATCH"!

Jan 12, 2014, 6:42 PM

The Taunt is basically a program that has always been second best, finally winning.

Since they don't know how to handle success, they have to taunt their opponent to make themselves feel like they belong.

Sad that even when some people win, they find a way to lose.

It shows me who real winners & losers are.

Re: the taunt doesn't come close to my glossy of "THE CATCH"!

Jan 12, 2014, 6:43 PM

You are what you are...

Re: Re: the taunt doesn't come close to my glossy of "THE CATCH"!

Jan 12, 2014, 6:45 PM

It's a "Thug's Life" at SC!!!!!

There was a framed print of The Taunt

Jan 12, 2014, 8:14 PM

At the Bi Lo here in Lexington. I had the exact same reaction - classless. I wonder if the university endorsed this or if it was some 3rd party. I'm sure they'd have to get permission from the university in any case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw some for sale in G&B Traditions, recently.***

Jan 13, 2014, 1:40 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Jan 12, 2014, 8:28 PM

It's a game of football. He taunted Ellington after a big hit, took a penalty, and went back and played D. Good gracious, he didn't kick him in the head or punch him in the gonads. You're most likely one of those fans that say it is okay with the NCAA and NFL pansy-ing down football because they "hit too hard" or "lead with his head". They are kids playing a game.

Why would you condone something that would be considered a criminal offense outside of a football field? The fight and a taunting penalty are two completely different things.

Jan 12, 2014, 8:35 PM

Well said!

Jan 12, 2014, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: "The Taunt" ]

Kudos to RationalGC....football, as we know it, might be different in 10 years with the flags being thrown to "protect" players. It is going to the extreme.

We all understand it's part of the game

Jan 13, 2014, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: "The Taunt" ]

It's just not a part that most programs would choose to glorify and rally around, but whatever...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the ### breaks that spurrier has had his finger in

I hope we show class , and go for 70-17 , to replace our 63-17 historical frying of the chickens.

The Taint

Jan 13, 2014, 9:31 AM

We should start an initiative to put a cartoon poop under DJ on all public displays of this image.

I live in Lexington, and the local Bi-Lo has this framed pic for sale right as you walk in the store. For good measure, they also have a panorama of DV @ night w/ the fireworks, but still - that should not be glorified.

We have to beat those ##### next year. Period.

Jan 13, 2014, 11:57 AM

A player hit on a play in a game...vs...a player kicking a defenseless player on the ground with his helmet off during a brawl. Yea....I can see the logic there....wow !

Good lord y'all take this way too seriously

Jan 13, 2014, 12:38 PM

We'd all be going nuts if Kearse knocked Mike Davis on his butt. Also it's worth mentioning that Ellington and Swearinger are actually friends through Bruce. Have none of y'all ever talked trash to your friends when you play sports?

Yeah he deserved a penalty for it, but it was still a big hit, don't see anything wrong with them loving it. We champion that hit David Dunham put on Matt Ryan a few years back, and that hit would have drawn a flag in a heartbeat today.

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic