Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Swan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,441

The Swan

May 6, 2020, 8:49 PM

It was probably sometime in August 1951 during my last trip to the 38th Parallel when I saw this beautiful Swan. Almost every house and building in the area had been destroyed when the North Korean Army overran the area during the early part of the war in 1950. The Chinese Army did more damage during their short time in the area. I had forgotten all about the Swan until I saw one, two or three years ago.

Normally, we did not meander too far from our compound. One day, one of my company mates suggested we explore an area near our compound. Not very far from our compound we found a small pond and sitting gracefully in the middle of the pond was a huge and beautiful Swan. How did this Swan survive all of the brutality of a war that ravaged that area?

Seeing that beautiful Swam sitting majestically in that pond amid all of those ruins, seemed so out of place. It was a scene of peace and tranquility amid the horrors and destruction of war.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Similar memories Joe - In 1970 Nam

May 6, 2020, 10:32 PM

I was amazed to see thousands of blue butterflies apparently migrating together along the base of a bombed-out mountain and about a month earlier we saw a flock of green parrots land in trees to check us out. Without war that country must be a beautiful place

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Swan

May 6, 2020, 10:48 PM

Must have been a bright spot for sure. Thank you for sharing how to look at the beautiful swan despite the destruction.

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: The Swan

May 7, 2020, 7:08 AM

The eye of the beholder.

Thanks for being you, Joe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,441
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic