Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The NBA is considering amping up their D league,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,886

The NBA is considering amping up their D league,

Feb 25, 2018, 9:55 PM

or is it G league, both maybe, by allowing kids straight from high school. I like it if so. This one-and-done thing in collegiate isn't what this whole thing is about. Not enough family time. A thriving minor league basketball option where kids could get paid and build brands if they're ready early would be great. Smaller markets would enjoy the extra entertainment. And college ball where three years, like baseball and football, can earn a degree and go pro in life or ball after would continue on with a little more continuity.

If anything it's fair to offer military draft-eligible young men with basketball skills a choice of whether they want to go to college for three years to play and develop or go pro immediately if someone will take them in a draft. Seems like a win win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like it if they could go pro and skip....

Feb 25, 2018, 10:01 PM

college. That said, I think they should have to wait 3 years to be eligible for the draft if they choose college.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m an Atlantan and I barely pay attention to the NBA

Feb 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

Why is this a movement or on the radar?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess what I’m saying is I attend 3-5 Atlanta Hawks

Feb 25, 2018, 10:21 PM

Games a year and have never cared about who leaves or stays from the college ranks. It’s a fun experience but my dollars is devoted to the college football game and my Falcons.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is absolutely zero reason kids can't go straight from

Feb 26, 2018, 8:50 AM

high school to the NBA if they're talented enough. The one and done rule is stupid, and while the D-League would be a step in the right direction, it's not enough. Let the kids try to make the NBA if they want.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The NBA is considering amping up their D league,

Feb 26, 2018, 9:52 AM

Keep in mind, the one-and-done "rule" is not an NCAA item. It is the NBA which has determined that its minimum age is 19.

From the collective bargaining agreement:

"The player (A) is or will be at least nineteen (19) years of
age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, and
(B) with respect to a player who is not an international
player (defined below), at least one (1) NBA Season has
elapsed since the player’s graduation from high school (or,
if the player did not graduate from high school, since the
graduation of the class with which the player would have
graduated had he graduated from high school); and"

There's no rule that requires kids to sign up for a college team. They could graduate high school (or not), then wait until they turn 19. It's just that one year of college ball is a good way to fill that time waiting. And colleges are all too happy to provide that year to players...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

qwestion

Feb 26, 2018, 10:49 AM

what if they graduate HS when they are 19?

Re: qwestion

Feb 26, 2018, 10:50 AM

That's where part B comes in, has to be one NBA season after they graduate.

So the dumb dumbs that got held back a year wouldn't play NBA until they were 20.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2018, 10:55 AM

Seems like theres a better way for idjits whose only God given talent is the throw a ball into a hoop would be able to skip to the NBA where idiots like Kyrie and other flat earthers thrive because lord knows they have no business at a school that cares about academics

Feb 26, 2018, 11:12 AM

They can play in the European baptist leagues like the loser Lavar Balls do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,886
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic