Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Limit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

The Limit

Dec 7, 2017, 10:29 AM

There is a limit as to how wrong you can be and as to how often you can be wrong. The Heisman voters have exceeded that limit. Once you have been that wrong, for that long, that often, you have no credibility left. For those reasons, I don’t care about the Heisman. I don’t believe at all in the expertise or honesty of the Heisman voters. It’s a Beauty contest, nothing more. I don’t care about beauty contests. The Heisman Voters have exceeded The Limit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup!!! I don't even watch the Heisman House ads.***

Dec 7, 2017, 10:30 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't either. I had money on Deshaun his last 2 years...

Dec 7, 2017, 10:35 AM

to win the Heisman each year and of course lost. Hard to believe a player and person that great never won the Heisman.

This year is seems pretty straightforward.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:31 AM

I doubt they blow it this year.

It is clear cut?

Dec 7, 2017, 10:34 AM

Who is it that wins then? This comes from the Heisman people: "The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity."

If integrity is part of the equation that Mayfield is disqualified due to his arrest this offseason along with his antics earlier this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I don't think they actually follow that criteria.

Dec 7, 2017, 10:36 AM

He would have to have done more wrong off the field than that one drunken arrest. That said, we know he is getting it.

Re: It is clear cut?

Dec 7, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to It is clear cut? ]

100% agree. No integrity, no trophy. Mayfield out. The Heisman voters wouldn’t know integrity if it camped out on their face for a year and built a theme park.

I lost respect for the Heisman voters when Peyton Manning...

Dec 7, 2017, 10:38 AM

wasn't given the award. They had an outside chance of regaining some respect by awarding it to CJ Spiller. I knew DW wasn't getting it and I've reconciled to the fact that Clemson will never get one under Dabo. It doesn't look like anyone will ever be able to pad their stats while he's here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. No problem with Woodson winning in '97.***

Dec 7, 2017, 10:54 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Limit

Dec 7, 2017, 11:14 AM

part of the problem is the voter pool is a bunch of media. I also do not think it should be voted until the season is complete. I now ignore it all together

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar Jackson's stats through twelve games this year

Dec 7, 2017, 11:21 AM

are arguably better than last year. But he's getting zero love. The award is now a mockery of its name.

You don't like beauty contests?

Dec 7, 2017, 12:46 PM

That is the only time where it is encouraged to gawk at women.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Maybe me meant ones with sweaty minz***

Dec 7, 2017, 3:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Started with the Peyton snub

Dec 7, 2017, 1:13 PM

Then when kimdeeechee
Nail hit coffin with 2x Watson snub.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

ummm.....after last year.... there is

Dec 7, 2017, 1:50 PM

no more heisman

Yes, it's become as ridiculous as the Nobel Prize.***

Dec 7, 2017, 2:12 PM

They made Reggie Bush give his back a few years ago. And

Dec 8, 2017, 7:57 AM

yet, OJ Simpson still has his. (Unless it was "stolen"....) And, he still has a vote.

The Heisman committee is a bad joke that is not funny in the least. They should actually start looking at the character part along with the athletic achievement, which is what their mission statement says they were supposed to be doing all along. They will prove that doesn't matter to them again this year, when they give it to the crotch grabbing, bird flipping, expletive tossing Baker MayPop. Even George Rogers is shaking his coke fried head.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Limit

Dec 8, 2017, 8:34 AM

DW should have won it in 2015 and 16.
He was the definition of what the Heisman is suppose to mean

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic