Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Hoos kicked Our Tigers butts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The Hoos kicked Our Tigers butts

Mar 15, 2013, 11:35 PM

For the 9th straight time....
Are You Tiger Fans Happy about that?
I know I am not.

Its time for somebody to wake up and smell the dayum coffee at Clemson University.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: The Hoos kicked Our Tigers butts

Mar 15, 2013, 11:39 PM

19 out of the past 21 I believe. Been saying it for years. Just pissing in the wind

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct.......Its a Dadgum Shame too

Mar 15, 2013, 11:42 PM

NM

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: You are correct.......Its a Dadgum Shame too

Mar 16, 2013, 9:09 AM

We have a problem, but it is not Jack. Clemson has been falling behind in money. When you go to s. carolina, their locker rooms look like a pro team. They have rooms to tape ankles, etc. We are taping guys in the hallway! Our locker room looks like a high school locker room.

When the administration makes the commitment to baseball and basketball, just like they did football, you will see the tide turn again, more so in baseball.

We can see the change in football. Jack has a top 5 recruiting last year. We can see that paying off, but we are so far behind in what others have done in their commitment to the sport.

You can take that for what it is worth, but I can tell you that Jack knows we are behind in facilities as well. The stadium itself is great, but he knows that doesn't sell to the recruits.

Re: Another apologist.***

Mar 16, 2013, 1:12 PM

Mar 15, 2013, 11:58 PM

thanks to jack, that team from columbia is years ahead of us. tanner passed us a few years ago and holbrook will do the same. we wnet from b eating them consistantly to losing . we are out recruited at home. well jack can keep going after those connecticut and maine blue chippers and sucolina will settle for roth , wingo, griener and scrubs like that.

Jack has missed the boat in recruiting.

Mar 16, 2013, 12:21 AM

The guy knows baseball but his inept ability to keep up with the times and recruiting has hurt him. Wish him and Brownell would have done things differently last few years.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

19 of the last 21. And this was a classic Clemson choke.***

Mar 16, 2013, 12:59 AM

Scar will...

Mar 16, 2013, 1:41 AM

Take a step back, Holbrook was top recruiter, and nobody on that staff can replace his job now that he's head man, they've had people actually decommitting(including Colby Holmes little brother switch to uf). Problem is we don't have another o'sullivan or corbin and Jack is not going to go recruit like a younger guy would. This is the time we need to get the players to give Jack one last hoorah before he exits.

Re: Scar will...

Mar 16, 2013, 8:35 AM

Holmes was never committed to South Carolina. Not sure where you get your info but he was not going to attend South Carolina. Good chance he never plays college as most feel he will be highly drafted.

Mar 16, 2013, 7:09 AM

If you want to know why we have had a weaker run the last few years, see what production we are getting from the older pitchers on our staff. I am excited about the young guys we have on the team and Jack is building a nice stable of pitchers but unfortunately we are going to have to depend on our young pitchers. I think our local recruiting is better and if we could get some more left handers and make our opponents have to face left handers also.

Why did we lose that Easley kid to Scar? He got national

Mar 16, 2013, 7:53 AM

Player of the week last week.

He was a Carolina fan and wanted to go there from

Mar 16, 2013, 8:28 AM

the start

Mar 16, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Why did we lose that Easley kid to Scar? He got national ]

Yeah, Joey has been a Gamecock fan all his life.
Don't think he ever had any interest in going to Clemson; though I don't know that Jack tried to recruit him either.

Mar 16, 2013, 8:11 AM

Just be aware of how CLEMSON admin chooses to run their business in sports. They go CHEAP and look for inexperienced coaches. THEY DO NOT GO AFTER HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL COACHES. PERIOD!! So, before you go getting all giddy about getting rid of Jack, be aware of what to expect as his replacement. You'll get some coach that had a good year at some small school, and coaches pretty darn good, but it will be a work-in-progress and you'll have to be patient for 5-10 more years.

Mar 16, 2013, 8:15 AM

I am ready for the AD and committee to now get busy and go after Tim Corbin....we need him back to get our program back to the respect we had with Wilhelm....we are now becoming doormats for all teams!!!

Mar 16, 2013, 8:42 AM

Corbin loves Nash and has no pressure. Currently ranked #2 in the country. Makes close to jack. Offer him the moon. But, he won't come. I don't really know who is out there right now as a viable candidate. LeCroy is just to inexperienced to be a HC.

there's something in these hills, he may have declined offers from the

Mar 16, 2013, 12:42 PM

New York Yankees, the Boston Red Sox, Auburn, LSU, and most recently the University of Oregon, but after spending time here wouldn't he want to come back?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Fear the other thumb! Can you imagine facing

Mar 16, 2013, 8:34 AM

ten losses in a row?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If the season goes bad, then I'm sure the Admin will address

Mar 16, 2013, 12:57 PM

it as appropriate. They are just aware of the situation and all the facts.. just as much as you or more.

In any case, if the season does go sour, then I sure hope some of you guys can contain yourselves. But then again, maybe we end up having a good season? I think it's a tad too early to be making the noose. Agreed?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic