Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ESPN hype machine cannot be stopped!!!....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The ESPN hype machine cannot be stopped!!!....

Jan 8, 2013, 2:02 PM

Even IF they went to a 16 team playoff, ESPN would make sure that the SEC has 8 teams involved and that none of the 8 play eachother in the first round.

They already provide a automatic bid for one SEC team into the National Championship game. Then, if they can't get a second SEC team into the big game, they overhype the least available opponent to get them into the game. Now an SEC team has a very winnable game against a lesser opponent. Now they talk about how much faster and stronger the SEC team looks. After the SEC wins they glow about the "big win" that everyone else already expected.

They'll keep throwing money on this situation until the SEC becomes its own bowl subdivision and ESPN wins again.

Go Tigers! Break'em down!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ESPN hype machine cannot be stopped!!!....

Jan 8, 2013, 2:11 PM

ESPN's Robert Smith has Clemson at #4 for his early 2013 poll. I believe he had Clemson at #5 for 2012.

It's not all doom and gloom...

I'm not saying it's impossible. Just the deck is stacked in

Jan 8, 2013, 2:17 PM

the SEC favor. If Nuk and Tajh get together for one more season we might just beat the odds.

I cannot blame ESPN -

Jan 8, 2013, 2:54 PM

If we or FSU took care of business, we will be in the NC along with ND... Just saying..

I understand what you saying though that the SEC is always put in a better spot to reach the NC. If BAMA, Clemson, and ND all won their games, guess which team will make it for sure to the NC? I'll give you a hint, an SEC team. Now, one of the other two teams will b screwed in the process.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: I cannot blame ESPN -

Jan 8, 2013, 4:04 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13449720

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ESPN hype machine cannot be stopped!!!....

Jan 8, 2013, 3:38 PM

we would have had a KState-Oregon Natty if they had simply taken care of business.

Blame the teams who lose, including us.

I will say it was really amusing to see us only drop 2-3 spots after losing to SCar. The polls are so weighted in SEC's favor its funny.

They can't be stopped. They really believe that chit.

Jan 8, 2013, 4:03 PM

If one of them had an original thought it would give them a headache.

Louisville's and Clemson's defense shutdown UF's and LSU's O and instead of giving credit where credit is due the call the SEC teams' offense anemic.

It's funny, they didn't have any problem getting in the top ten and staying there all season.

Euck FSPN

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think LSU's offense was good?

Jan 8, 2013, 4:06 PM

EVERYONE knew they had offensive problems all season. There were always huge concerns for Florida too. The game between them was like watching two fat guys take turns hitting each other with a switch. It stings, but no damage done.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And your explanation why LSU and UF were ranked...

Jan 8, 2013, 4:27 PM

...so high is what? That is if EVERYONE knew....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were winning their games.

Jan 8, 2013, 4:55 PM

If you watched their games, or even the highlights, even ESPN talked about their lack of offenses. Their Defenses? Solid. Offenses were weaksauce.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic