Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Complaining about ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The Complaining about ESPN

Nov 4, 2018, 9:56 AM

needs to stop. Who honestly cares whether we’re given more or less coverage by ESPN. Do you honestly think the team will play better if they’re getting totally praised by ESPN?Everybody wants to be a David but nobody wants to admit they’re a Goliath. I’m not saying ESPN doesnt praise other schools more than others, but it’s not worth complaining because Clemson doesn’t get as much attention as Notre Dame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it needs to stop. On the basis of the game

Nov 4, 2018, 9:58 AM

times alone. Screw ESPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think it needs to stop. On the basis of the game

Nov 4, 2018, 2:06 PM

Step back in my world when I was growing up. Espn did not hit the airwaves until mid to late 1970’s. And then it was Australian rules football.
In 1960’s and up to Espn 2.0 there was 1 maybe 2 college football games on tv each week. There was no late night coverage of scores at all. I would wake up early Sunday mornings and get the Sunday newspaper at the end of our driveway to find out who won the night before. Oklahoma and Nebraska were big time back then. I would be amazed to see them score 50 points regularly. The 11pm local tv news did not have scores of any team other than local schools. Seriously we all need to be thankful there are espns in the world today.

yeag it's pretty childish really

Nov 4, 2018, 10:00 AM

Now people are seeing everything as a slight. It's getting pretty creative

Re: yeag it's pretty childish really

Nov 4, 2018, 10:02 AM

What

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeag it's pretty childish really- you're never paranoid

Nov 4, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to yeag it's pretty childish really ]

once you accept the fact that they're all out to get you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is really all about one word, or lack thereof

Nov 4, 2018, 10:06 AM

RESPECT.

We've certainly earned it over the last 4 seasons sitting currently at 49-4 over the period. Only Bama can match that record.

Re: It is really all about one word, or lack thereof

Nov 4, 2018, 10:12 AM

Yep and I challenge anyone to look up how many noon games Bama has had this year. The disrespect toward Clemson and it's fans cannot be ignored. Acc commissioner tmis the only one who can complain bc they hold the contracts with ESPN n such! I think he should have blasted ESPN publicly for dropping the ball on NCState. Especially when we have the ACC network partnered with ESPN starting this upcoming year. They sure arnt promoting it much

Nov 4, 2018, 10:27 AM

Bama has had two noon games.

It’s more about $$ and eyeballs

Nov 4, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to It is really all about one word, or lack thereof ]

We’ve been able to elevate the ratings for the noon broadcasts so they will keep putting us there.

CU-BC got the 8;00 slot due to game day coming because there is truly no other worthy match up next weekend.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Nov 4, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to It is really all about one word, or lack thereof ]

Yeah, it's pretty clear we have proven ourselves to be the 2nd best program in the country recently. WE SHOULD BE RANKED AS SUCH!!!!

Oh wait.....

Re: The Complaining about ESPN

Nov 4, 2018, 10:50 AM

Once you realize that theESPN talking heads are nothing more than WWE hacks that will say anything to get ratings, it really doesn’t bother you anymore. They know that Bama and Clemson have been the favorites to play in the NCG since the first game of the season; however that makes for a pretty boring storyline for 12 weeks. To get ratings, they have to make obscure comments which they know aren’t true just to crate fake controversy and stoke other fan bases to get ratings. Most of the talking heads played ball and understand the game way to well to actually believe some of the stupid comments they are most likely focred to say. But just like WWE, somebody has to play the role of the heal.

Clemson gets TONS of coverage. We're mentioned with

Nov 4, 2018, 10:57 AM

every statement that involves the CFP and as the only team that can play with Bama.

We get early games because we're playing bad teams and kicking the absolute #### out of them. That's also the reason there's less speculation about our games. We are demolishing teams and there is little intrigue other than how bad it will be.

You want primetime games, then hope we play worse and gives teams a chance to keep it close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 4, 2018, 11:12 AM

Clemson will get more coverage from ESPN, even the main channel, once the ACC Network is up and running next year.

I don't think it matter what ESPiN says.

Nov 4, 2018, 12:07 PM

It's the Championship phase of the season and the voices on our team are the only ones they hear. This team has a commission from within.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 12:09 PM

Thanks for this post. Really does get old and makes Clemson sound like a bunch of pansies when we complain about coverage. I think we get a ton of coverage, although admittedly I don’t watch ESPN constantly... like this:

“Clemson: Alabama isn't alone.

The love for the Crimson Tide is deserved, but as we look for any potential path for someone else to win a national championship, the clear answer is Clemson. The Tigers moved to 9-0 and have won their past four games by a combined score of 240-36. They hung 77 on Louisville on Saturday with Trevor Lawrence throwing for just 49 yards. At this rate, Dabo Swinney's wife and dog are going to get some red zone carries in garbage time.”

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/gamedayfinal110318/gameday-final-bama-power-west-virginia-gamble-other-week-10-statements?platform=amp

I tried to start a positive thread about respect we got on f

Nov 4, 2018, 12:22 PM

It was ignored.

They definitely pump the SEC the most. I don't really take it as disrespect.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/college-football-final-giving-the-ACC-some-respect-24401885

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic