Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Clemson family suffers another loss:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The Clemson family suffers another loss:

Aug 1, 2013, 2:40 PM

The Clemson family suffered the loss of another alumnus on August 21 this year. James A. Garrett, Sr., was a member of the Class of 1954 and a Korean War vet. He began his career in textile management at the old J.P.Stevens "Utica-Mohawk" plant on Lake Hartwell eventually achieving vice presidency of Information Services as he created and brought the first-ever product forecasting to the executive branch of that company---probably the entire industry. He was incredibly active in his church even becoming a summertime lay minister for many years at Presbyterian churches in the far reaches of the country that couldn't support a full time pastor. He was also phenominally active in the Lions Club serving as President of Lions Club USA for one term as well occupying similar positions in his state and region. One of his greatest accomplishments was the creation and operating of a summer camp near Charlotte exclusively for blind folks. In the meantime. he managed to raise and educate 4 kids providing them with a loving household that prided itself on the values of integrity and honesty. His love of Clemson University (College) never wavered for a second and he confided to me once that one of his proudest days was the day his eldest son received his Clemson diploma. He leaves his wife of 64 years, two sons and a daughter.
But besides being a devoted Clemson alum and and successful businessman,..... he was a good guy:

"Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness,
...where the Tigers play.
Here the sons of Dear Old Clemson
...reign supreme alway.

Dear old Clemson
We will triumph
and with all our might,
That the Tigers roar may echo
O'er the mountain heights."

Seeya soon Pop.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, sounds like he led a great life... and was the epitome

Aug 1, 2013, 2:42 PM

of a true Clemson Man.

My condolences to you and your family.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry for your loss. Prayers for all the family***

Aug 1, 2013, 2:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RIP***

Aug 1, 2013, 3:03 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jim, so sorry for your loss ...

Aug 1, 2013, 3:16 PM

... been there myself very recently.

It's very hard at any age.

Hope you are doing better yourself.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Clemson family suffers another loss:

Aug 1, 2013, 3:29 PM

Thank you for sharing such a lovely tribute.
what wonderful memories for you and family to have to ease the loss. God Bless!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2013, 3:36 PM

sorry for his loss. sounds like a rich full life where he had a real impact.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2013, 3:36 PM

What a wonderful tribute to your father and may he rest in peace. May God bless you and your entire family

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have long believed that the greatest tribute a man can

Aug 1, 2013, 3:53 PM

receive is to be honored by his son. Jim, you have so honored your Father with this tribute, and I am certain he would be deeply touched, as we are. My compliments and best wishes to you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2013, 4:49 PM

Tigrjim76, you and I don't know each other but just wanted to say what a great tribute to your Dad.

I lost my Dad not too long ago and I understand your situation. But I also understand the pride that it evident as you speak of him...

Well said on your part...well lived on his part. Quite an example for all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic