Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Clemson PED coverage in the post courier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

The Clemson PED coverage in the post courier

Jan 27, 2019, 3:29 PM

seems to be leaning toward guilty until proven innocent. Am I reading too much into this?

https://www.postandcourier.com/columnists/clemson-s-drug-probe-doesn-t-include-testing-all-football/article_6615cdf8-219d-11e9-9663-cfd49594d1b2.html

Clemson did not test — and has no plans to test — more members of its newly crowned national championship football team for performance enhancing drugs as part of an in-house probe in the wake of three ostarine suspensions last month. Failed drug tests kept star defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence and two other players out of College Football Playoff wins over Notre Dame and Alabama.
Fewer than 20 Clemson players were tested in a random and routine NCAA drug screening of championship event participants. That is, more than 15 percent of those Tigers screened tested positive for performance enhancing drugs (PEDs).

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Re: The Clemson PED coverage in the post courier

Jan 27, 2019, 3:43 PM

There are random drug test of players weekly, including Clemson. These are the only players to test positive and the amount of drug was so small that it would not have given any advantage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 4:13 PM

The Post and Courier is the same as The State. A coot paper that is only good for fish wrap or the bottom of a bird cage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I had to buy one of those papers to wrap fish

Jan 27, 2019, 5:12 PM

I'd give up fishing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I had to buy one of those papers to wrap fish

Jan 27, 2019, 5:37 PM

Thinking the very thing, I wouldn't do nothing other than wrap sh!t in either of those two news papers, they are trash and waste, the same as sh!t!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The Clemson PED coverage in the post courier ]

A coot paper with a paywall I can’t imagine anyone would find worth paying for.

Second part of your statement seems false

Jan 27, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: The Clemson PED coverage in the post courier ]

Do you have evidence to support that? My understanding is the amount present at the time of testing is not indicative of how much they may have initially ingested.

Good ol' Post and Carlos, gamecock leftist scum***

Jan 27, 2019, 4:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the post & courier is "hot garbage"!

Jan 27, 2019, 5:09 PM

I agree, basically it's good for potty training a puppy. milerock® I read it the same way you do.

Seems like an attempt to dig something up. Or to suggest something. Problem is; who cares what they think. The NCAA was satisfied there wasn't a problem. Trace amounts of a substance that can be ingested; come on now! Test everybody on the staff and waste the money; but there is nothing to see P & C.

Be good to get to the bottom of it though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled The Post & Spurrier...

Jan 27, 2019, 5:13 PM

Nothing but a u of 5c propaganda rang.

It's almost as bad as The State cage liner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You misspelled The Post & Spurrier...

Jan 27, 2019, 11:19 PM

Note to Sap:

Let's suppose next year 3 P&C employees get charged with DUI for whatever reason.

Would you support SLED setting up a sobriety checkpoint outside your next Christmas party venue so all P&C employees can prove their innocence?

Assuming not, why not?

Butthead strikes again

Jan 27, 2019, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's at least a cousin...***

Jan 27, 2019, 5:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Butthead strikes again

Jan 27, 2019, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Butthead strikes again ]

Wow, frightening and hilarious. Good ole Gene...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you guys are missing the obvious here....

Jan 27, 2019, 5:28 PM

Why was this story published yesterday? Did yesterday have any significance for Clemson?
Yep, it was our 2019 Junior Day. Lots of 4* and 5* talent in town. Talk going on about our 2020 class possibly being our best class ever.

I think this is an obvious sabotage job by the State Newspaper. Put doubts about Dabo’s and Clemson’s integrity into the minds of these recruits and their families. I’m sure a lot of out of towners read the local news papers.

I bet the coots delivered hundreds of these papers to the Clemson area yesterday free of charge. Just my thoughts though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you guys are missing the obvious here....

Jan 27, 2019, 5:46 PM

I don't think that you're on to something, I absolutely know you are. The "only" people talking about that BS after a month, is our biggest two instate Enquirer sister news papers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When it's all said and done, Gene Sapakoff

Jan 27, 2019, 5:56 PM

Will drift off into obscurity as did Bart Boatwright. The P&C will realize what a financial risk this Clown poses and cut ties with this hack. His journalism can only underhandedly attack the best thing going in the State of SC for so long, before it becomes a liability of the P&C bottom lines...

Who gave him info about whether Clemson tested

Jan 27, 2019, 6:13 PM

any other players? I would think we would want everyone, including the staff, tested to find out if anyone else has been exposed to some kind of sabotage from outside sources if they believe the 3 players are telling the truth about not knowing where it came from. Since Charleston has the port where illegal imports can enter the country from China, I think the P&C might just have such access.(Just as logical as them having any open-mindedness about this situation).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a catch 22. If they test everyone it

Jan 27, 2019, 6:40 PM

Could help find the source. If they test everyone and more come back positive then they would be required to suspend for a year. And they still might know the source I’m which case the appeal will fail. You want to risk more guys being suspended. Or just put more processes in place to save samples and lot #s on all products til end of a season. I guess you could spend money and test all SRs that weren’t tested prior.

Jan 27, 2019, 6:59 PM

"Guilty until proven innocent."

Unfortunately that's the age we're living in now. Decades of experience has taught the press to be highly dubious of denials of doping. Frank Thomas and Mark McGuire taught us that when they were knocking balls over the moon in 1998 in that home run derby. Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong taught us that again when they had to forfeit a total of eight Tours between them after doping at the Tour de France. And along the way there's been any number of people in between who tried to gain advantage - Justin Gatling, Marion Jones, Barry Bonds, Bill Romanowski, Brock Lesnar, the numbers go on and on.

And those are just Americans. The Russians doped their entire Olympic team to the gills in countless Olympics back when they were the Soviet Union and were doing it again in massive systemic fashion - going so far as to pull specimen jars out through holes in the wall! - in Sochi 2014, which got all but a handful of their athletes suspended for the 2016 Winter Olympics, and those guys had to walk under a neutral flag.

They denied everything, of course.

And then some of those guys walking under no flag and there only by the grace and forgiveness of the International Olympic Committee got caught, on top of that. One of them was doping in curling. (Curling!)

Lordy.

So along comes top-of-the-world Clemson, busily curb-stomping anyone unfortunate enough to be in our path - including almighty Alabama! - and three of our guys turn up positive for a banned substance.

Does it look bad on the face of it? Yes.

Can you forgive outsiders who do not know the individuals involved or the nature of our program culture to be suspicious? Yes.

Is it newsworthy and is the press right to pursue it? Also yes.

Nobody's above critique and reproach. Not even us. Perhaps especially not us, given our position at the undeniable top of the college football hierarchy at the moment.

That's the reality for Clemson right now. Like it or not. Which is why I'm hearing that Clemson is spending a boatload of money trying to track down where that ostarine got in at. Which is kind of an open question, because nobody really even knows the origin of ostarine. It's believed to be Chinese, and probably comes into the country in products labelled as other things. I have no doubt they'll figure it out, eventually...and I choose to believe that our guys probably did not do it deliberately.

But outsiders are still right to question us. It's what happens to those who rule the world.

Jan 27, 2019, 7:16 PM

I have heard nothing about Alabama's 3 dudes... Dabo should have offered Nick a joint press conference to draw them all together and both release the same statement..."We are holding our 3 guys out due to extenuating circumstances...Ya'll have a nice day..."...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2019, 7:18 PM

Ostarine is so weak when taken at full dose you can barely feel it. Doesnt give much benefit like true Test does.

The less said the better?

Jan 27, 2019, 7:41 PM

So I turn my back
Turn my collar to the wind
Move along in silence
Trying not to think at all
I send my feet before me
Walk the silent street before me
It's over

Jan 27, 2019, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Clemson PED coverage in the post courier ]

Lots of info out there now that didn't used to be, but still don't know what is accurate.

I read one article that it's rare for male athletes to test positive. It was suggested that the indicators for it get obscured in the larger muscle mass; it was also suggested that male athletes gain much less benefit than female athletes do and therefore don't take it as much.

Don't know which interpretation is more accurate, but I tend to believe the original thought, that males testing positive specifically for ostarine is rare.

The only definitive number we've seen isn't definitive at all--"between 10-30 positive results every year for ANY banned substance."

Still no number on ostarine.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic