Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“The Clemson Effect”. Fans and Sports host have made a big deal about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

“The Clemson Effect”. Fans and Sports host have made a big deal about

Nov 22, 2017, 10:36 PM

teams we have played and defeated who are no longer ranked or have a much lower ranking after their lose to the Reigning National Champs. Some indicating these teams were over ranked. All I know is most of them were ranked when we beat them. After a Clemson win the teams seemed to lose focus and purpose.

Maybe VT, Louisville, Wake Forest, BC, FSU and GT all circled their game with Clemson just like N.C. State did. In fact we were even States Homecoming Game too.

I believe when a team expends all of that energy against one opponent aka Clemson and lose to that opponent after expending so much energy , they lose focus going forward. I call this the “Clemson Affect”. Even after losing to Clemson most all of the teams we have played still have a winning record and are bowl eligible. Auburn actually improved vastly to become a top 10 program.

The coots have circled this game, created slogans like “Never Again” along with the talk of being disrespected last year blah blah blah and they have vowed revenge since the clock hit all zeros last year at DV. So for 363 Days The #24 ranked coots have lived for Saturday nights game against the #3 Clemson Tigers.

This is their NC game and as close to one as they will ever get. It’s their entire 2017 season. A Clemson blow out could break the chicken spirit beyond this season. Once again the “Clemson Effect” could cast a dark cloud over the coots program far into next season.

I hope we ring the chickens neck by the largest margin in the two schools history. We have that capability if Dabo will keep the foot on the gas throughout the entire game.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “The Clemson Affect”. Fans and Sports host have made a big deal out of the teams

Nov 23, 2017, 1:23 AM

Based on the current playoff rankings, we have the best win of any of the top 4 teams with our win over Auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “The Clemson Affect”. Fans and Sports host have made a big deal out of the teams

Nov 23, 2017, 7:42 AM

Has Syracuse not won a game after beating Clemson also?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Nov 23, 2017, 7:48 AM

Effect.

Nov 23, 2017, 7:50 AM

Sorry for the poor grammar. Happy Thanksgiving. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “The Clemson Effect”. Fans and Sports host have made a big deal about

Nov 23, 2017, 8:32 AM

Now that I have had my coffee I started thinking that maybe I should call it the “Clemson Hangover” rather than the “Clemson Effect”.

Opinions please.

Nov 23, 2017, 10:36 AM

Or it could be that those teams just aren’t very good?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 23, 2017, 10:45 AM

We have so many good teams in the ACC that we beat each other up. If you don't bring your A game you will lose.

Nov 23, 2017, 11:01 AM

It's about time ESPN started beating that drum like they with regard to the SECheat for soooooo long. I actually had a co-worker ply that crap to me the other day. I said if you don't know by now the SEC is Bama and nobody else, you're simply choosing to believe that BS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nov 23, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: “The Clemson Effect”. Fans and Sports host have made a big deal about ]

Maybe you are right... and Saturday is the perfect example ;)

Nov 23, 2017, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: “The Clemson Effect”. Fans and Sports host have made a big deal about ]

That is more in line with your schedule. I would bet the farm if the gamecocks played the same schedule as Clemson Your record be more 3-8 or 4-7 at best. If you think Fla and Tenn are top opponents then you truly are delusional. You beat UL by a last second FG. NC St fumbled the ball several times. You lost to a weak Texas A&M team and an Average Kentucky Team. There will be more HCing jobs open in the SEC East than any other conference.

Give me you signature win this year? Maybe it’s your moral victory by losing to UGA by 14 or your victory over NC State?

Go back to your own boards where you and the rest of your fantasy fan base can share in your insanity. This post is for the coot from the class of 09.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic