Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"The Chad" might just be gone folks....per TI.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

"The Chad" might just be gone folks....per TI.

Jan 17, 2014, 5:53 AM

Vanderbilt Search Firm wants Mason. The Fans and the Community in Nashville want The Chad.

I'm no expert but here is what I am hearing from my sources within the program.

Earlier this week we confirmed some information on Chad Morris and the Texas offensive coordinator opening. Chad Morris interviewed for the position and wanted to accept the position. Texas also wanted Morris for the position.

Chad spoke with Dabo to see if he could get Clemson to lower the 5.2 million dollar buyout that Clemson would have received if he left for another coordinator position.

Although Texas could certainly afford the buyout, they decided it simply wasn't a good business decision to pay that much for a coordinator, especially one that might leave in a few years.

Dabo would not lower the buyout. Clemson and Dabo were concerned that this would set a very bad precedent if they were to allow the buyout to be reduced. The buyout was in place to make sure this situation did not occur.

From what we understand there is no friction between Dabo and Chad related to Clemson not lowering the buyout. It is just business and both men realize this.

Insiders are reporting that Chad is very interested and has lowered his expectation of "big schools only." Apparently he was very upset that he was not even interviewed at Louisville and felt (or his agent told him) that he should take a HC gig before his name cooled off.

He interviewed at Vandy and was the bets interview by far. It is down to Mason and Morris and although Mason was thought to be the guy for the last 48 hours, it is now believed that Morris is the guy. Decision should be tonight with announcement tomorrow. Clemson sources are no longer talking indicating for recruiting purposes, Clemson is in a bit of damage control.

Our recruiting will take a huge blow. Once again, terrible timing!

Everyone have a super day and keep your fingers crossed he doesn't bolt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got that from TCI not TI.***

Jan 17, 2014, 5:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I don't get it

Jan 17, 2014, 6:05 AM

Didn't he tell Deshaun that if he committed that he would stay the entire time?

I don't think anyone would be surprised if Morris accepts

Jan 17, 2014, 6:17 AM

another position elsewhere and would agree that he has served Clemson well.

That being said, these "sources" seem to have very specific information that would indicate that they have spoken to Morris himself. While it's possible that someone approached Morris for information, it's, also, improbable that he would yield that much outside of normal Clemson channels.

Therefore, I believe much of what you are relating is based on rumors, which abound in the sporting world. There is just too much of this "sources say" being tossed hither and thither not to make me adopt the position of biding my time for an official announcement from Vandy, Texas, Clemson or whomever.

And by the way I'm not shooting the messenger...just the message.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think anyone would be surprised if Morris accepts

Jan 17, 2014, 8:09 AM

The thing about Ard is that he thinks getting the scoop is more important than getting it right. He's willing to go with rumors, or unsubstantiated reports if it gets him published first. He's also not concerned with when he discloses sensitive information. Lastly, he frequently publishes stories with elements of truth, but the core point he's trying to make isn't supported by the facts.

For example, I don't believe the OC at Texas information. What's much more likely is that there were some discussions between Morris' agent and Texas, but no actual interview. It's even possible that the agent disclosed the buyout for a non-HC position and that ended the conversation. The agent, who has only financial interests, is probably frustrated that a man who could make more money as a head coach at a number of places wants to stay put. If there's no new job or contract renewal, there's no big payday for an agent. Also, assuming that the agent has an interest in making it appear that Morris is close to leaving. That will put pressure on Clemson to offer better terms.

That said, assume that Ard's source is Morris' agent. Knowing that, and his agenda, would you come to a different conclusion after reading it.

oh no another"from my sources" post.....considering Texas

Jan 17, 2014, 6:25 AM

has already paid Charlie Strong's buyout of $5M combined with his salary next year puts that at over $9M for the first year, I don't know if even Texas is going to payout another $5M buyout that would be $10M just to get 2 coaches out of their contract---in one year.

Swag ain't going no where***

Jan 17, 2014, 6:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: "The Chad" might just be gone folks....per TI.

Jan 17, 2014, 6:33 AM

How will our recruiting take a huge hit? We are only recruiting 3-4 more and only one of those is on the offensive side of the ball.

"Our recruiting will take a huge blow," were the OP's

Jan 17, 2014, 6:44 AM

words. That's called editorializing, which usually is opinion-based.

While entitled to his opinions, that doesn't mean anyone else has to agree. In this case you and I (and more than likely, a whole lot of others) probably don't and won't agree.

Staff members come and go, and the true mettle of a HC is his ability to provide smooth transitions. At this point I'm willing to trust Coach Swinney's talents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this point I'm willing to trust Coach Swinney's talents.

Jan 17, 2014, 7:05 AM

Yep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are these the same sources

Jan 17, 2014, 6:40 AM

that had Vic bolting for the NFL?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not even and "insider" and I can tell you that...

Jan 17, 2014, 7:09 AM

The Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer or the Colts OC Pep Hamilton will be the ones to get the job.

On a side note...

Jan 17, 2014, 7:12 AM

I wish there was some way we could disown TCI. They are an embarrassment to Clemson reporting.

Brian Schottenheimer to interview

Jan 17, 2014, 7:19 AM

Updated: January 15, 2014, 12:43 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=10296959&type=story

"St. Louis Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer is interviewing Wednesday for the Vanderbilt head-coaching job, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter."

Believe nothing you hear, and only 1/2 what you see

Re: Brian Schottenheimer to interview----up-date link

Jan 17, 2014, 7:27 AM

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/schottenheimer-interviews-for-vandy-head-coaching-job/article_615eea4a-2b8f-5f69-b495-065dba469775.html

Jan 17, 2014, 7:19 AM

how do you know they will go with a pro assistant? you may want to go read articles on the vandy site and papers that say the opposite.

With all due respect, there's just way too much detail in

Jan 17, 2014, 7:20 AM

your report for me to buy it all. I assume your sources are iron clad and deep inside all three university's official athletic departments? I'm not suggesting that there may not be some threads of fact in this, but let's not call "the sky is falling" just yet. Even if Morris does leave, we'll be able to recruit an outstanding replacement with the money we'll have available with his existing salary and the buyout money he'll have to contribute.

I'm just not buying it all at this point. No disrespect intended.

No buyout for a HC position... only for a lateral move.***

Jan 17, 2014, 7:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interview process still ongoing

Jan 17, 2014, 7:23 AM

That's according to a quote from David Williams, the Vanderbilt AD, in today's Tennessean.

Dang it! I still want to hear what The Dude from WV says.

Jan 17, 2014, 7:40 AM

If the Dude says he is gone to Vandy than it must be true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just like hitting the lottery....***

Jan 17, 2014, 7:42 AM

Jan 17, 2014, 7:48 AM

https://twitter.com/jefflockridge/status/423967614633668609

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2014, 8:03 AM

and these "quotes" give it away.

"Insiders are reporting that Chad is very interested and has lowered his expectation of "big schools only." Apparently he was very upset that he was not even interviewed at Louisville and felt (or his agent told him) that he should take a HC gig before his name cooled off".

High level negotiations where large contracts are involved NEVER, EVER get exposed to the public eye. Why? Because protecting confidentiality is one of the first control documents/agreements that are put in place to protect the integrity of the transaction AT EVERY STEP DURING THE PROCESS. A leak such as the one you're describing can scuttle the whole deal so I don't believe a word of this. It's all conjecture and heresay.

"He interviewed at Vandy and was the bets interview by far. It is down to Mason and Morris and although Mason was thought to be the guy for the last 48 hours, it is now believed that Morris is the guy. Decision should be tonight with announcement tomorrow. Clemson sources are no longer talking indicating for recruiting purposes, Clemson is in a bit of damage control".

This is more crap. Clemson sources are no longer talking? Clemson sources AND VANDY SOURCES WOULDN'T BE LEAKING INFORMATION IN THE FIRST PLACE. Again, if this is even happening at all, the parties involved are bound by confidentiality. Thus Morris was NOT the "best interview by far", Morris is NOT, "the guy", and there is no "damage control". LOL, you even go so far as to suggest a single interview is all it took to complete the process. That might be standard procedure at Burger King but not at this level. Nice try though. I can tell you really worked hard with your thesaurus to get your spelling and syntax correct however, I'm going to have to give this troll attempt a D+.

Jan 17, 2014, 8:21 AM

The thing that makes this really tough is to figure out how much truth, how much embellishment, and how much conjecture is inserted in these reports and which elements are which.

Is an agent discussion with Vanderbilt the same thing as Morris interviewing? No. It's an embellishment.

Morris' agent probably has told him that if he wants to become a head coach, that the next step would be to take a HC job at a smaller school.

w/regard to the Texas OC job, it's reasonable to assume that Morris' agent had contact with the Texas administration. It's also reasonable think that once they learned of the $5M buyout for a non-HC job, those discussions did not continue. Could the agent have asked Clemson to lower the buyout? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on them doing so without getting some consideration in return.

At this point, Morris may or may not have interviewed with Vanderbilt. There could be some truth to that piece, but at this point, we don't really know.

It's not tough, it's all crap.***

Jan 17, 2014, 8:24 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Sounds like a lot of speculation.***

Jan 17, 2014, 8:05 AM

I'll believe it when I read it on TI, because those TCI guys

Jan 17, 2014, 8:11 AM

Just make stuff up, it seems.

Morris

Jan 17, 2014, 8:19 AM

If Morris jumps it is only because his playmakers that make him look like a stud are gone, such as Sammy and Tajh. Recruiting will be fine with Jeff Scott still around. Great thing is that there are plenty of guys out there that know this offense, including Jeff Scott.

If Morris jumps, it's because he wants to be a head coach.***

Jan 17, 2014, 8:20 AM

Mason is their new HC

Jan 19, 2014, 4:44 PM

so I guess we are still safe

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic