Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 100 Best U.S. Colleges and Universities by State (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

The 100 Best U.S. Colleges and Universities by State (link)

Feb 22, 2014, 9:26 AM

http://www.thebestschools.org/rankings/100-best-us-colleges-universities-by-state/#AL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

There is a very conspicous omission..

Feb 22, 2014, 9:31 AM

Where is usEc Salkahatchie?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

South DAKOTA must have been a typo......

Feb 22, 2014, 9:37 AM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Nothing factual about this report

Feb 22, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to There is a very conspicous omission.. ]

They left off UNCCH from their list and we all know that they are the greatest university in the free world.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only 2 schools per state. 1st is major university 2nd is LAC***

Feb 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes I don't think any Clemson alum/fan truly

Feb 22, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to There is a very conspicous omission.. ]

understands what its been like for the chickens for lo these many decades as they've played a distant second fiddle to Clemson University both academically and athletically---and its quite obviously a situation recognized within the state and nationally. For years, they've grasped at the tiny straw in a large pond known as their International Business GRADUATE Program...and, of course, the recent winning streak in football.

Clemson continues to increase major benefits to the state of SC economically and academically having raised itself up by its own bootstraps after decades of suffering secondary funding from a shortsighted legislature historically populated by usuck alum (read: lawyers--the only law school in the state was, until recently, in Cola) and simultaneously providing real jobs and job growth, real research facilities, and national contributions in a lot. IMO, the question of going to a more private institution should come up for consideration on a regular basis as the university currently receives only in the vicinity of 10-15% of its funding from state coffers. Expanding professional advanced degrees in Veterinary Science, Law and Medicine (concentrating in the Bio-Med area) is almost a duty of our university but, of course, it'll still have to be done over objections from the naysaying chickens in Columbia.

I fully expect there to be half-true refutations of these observations by the incessant chicken trolls....but they can never deny that for decades nearly every national ranking of colleges and universities puts Clemson far, far ahead of usuck.

Its difficult not to be proud of the position Clemson University occupies in the state of SC

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sometimes I don't think any Clemson alum/fan truly

Feb 22, 2014, 11:15 AM

Clemson also has been called out for gaming the rankings, so much so that they care more about the rankings than any actual education they are giving... yeah that's something to be proud of, arbitrary rankings (and yet we can't brag about those for football for some reason?).

Also, South Carolina has the no. 1 UNDERGRADUATE International business program as well as a top MBA IB program. don't know why that's so hard for people on this board to understand.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business-international

What % of the USuC students are in those narrow

Feb 22, 2014, 11:27 AM

programs? I'll hang up and listen.

&again, its a big fish in a very small pond..the most recent

Feb 22, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Sometimes I don't think any Clemson alum/fan truly ]

rankings showed the Clemson and usuck business programs overall with nearly identical rankings DESPITE the inflated scores from the international business program which has been over-funded by private donations largely emanating from one wealthy donor.

Face it troll, academics at usuck are generally considered second class nationally. Its a solid tradition the flagship (chuckle) university has strived for and attained. To think that academics at university bearing the state's name are so lightly considered (after decades of receiving the lion's share of taxpayer funding) is and has always been an embarrassment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WOW, I'm impressed. Congrats on your IB degree

Feb 22, 2014, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Sometimes I don't think any Clemson alum/fan truly ]

stoopid coots are stoopid

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IB programs at Moore School ARE impressive but

Feb 22, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Sometimes I don't think any Clemson alum/fan truly ]

their students constitute 2.5% (600 of 26,000) of USC undergrads and 3.3% (200 of 6,000) of USC grad students. So, there's that...

Re: IB programs at Moore School ARE impressive but

Feb 22, 2014, 10:47 PM

That's too many numbers

Spot on. We need to create a Vet school and continue

Feb 22, 2014, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Sometimes I don't think any Clemson alum/fan truly ]

To build out our engineering- especially in the bio and auto areas.

Re:College of Charleston and Furman won't like this.***

Feb 22, 2014, 9:36 AM

Re: The 100 Best U.S. Colleges - how old is this list?

Feb 22, 2014, 9:44 AM

I ask because our part mentions 2011 Tigerama. Maybe it is just a glitch on what they posted in our position but I just wondered.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used their drop down to find an engineering school

Feb 22, 2014, 12:34 PM

and DeVry came up number 1. I knew MIT and Cal Tech were over rated!

Just what the world needs..

Feb 22, 2014, 10:58 PM

More lawyers and business men. I agree with George Carlin , check out his take on businessmen on YouTube.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic