Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That Cam Newton is a class act;)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

That Cam Newton is a class act;)

Feb 9, 2016, 10:23 AM

Largest sporting event in the universe and too scared to dive for a football. I've never been crazy about manning, but he would of killed himself to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Would a potential career ending injury be more damaging to

Feb 9, 2016, 10:26 AM

Manning or Newton?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Would a potential career ending injury be more damaging to

Feb 9, 2016, 10:30 AM

Theres always curling.....no chance of injury there.......unless of course the ice chaps you.

You didn't answer the question.***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In that situation, if you are worried about injury, you...

Feb 9, 2016, 12:40 PM

shouldn't be playing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally, someone answered the #### question.***

Feb 9, 2016, 1:52 PM

Re: Finally, someone answered the #### question.***

Feb 9, 2016, 6:14 PM

How is this answer any different from the other ones that you got???? They all pretty much are saying the same thing.

Something something Cam Newton.***

Feb 9, 2016, 8:21 PM

Feb 9, 2016, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Would a potential career ending injury be more damaging to ]

I dont know, that ice is hard if you fell just wrong on it.

He is paid a huge salary to play football and compete.

Feb 9, 2016, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Would a potential career ending injury be more damaging to ]

The risk of injury is inherent in the game. It would be unfair to his teammates to selfishly
avoid contact in the biggest game of the year.

everyone has to take a risk in their profession.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:17 AM

That's part of earning a pay check.

You didn't answer the question.***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:20 AM [ in reply to He is paid a huge salary to play football and compete. ]

Not going to help you justify his action.***

Feb 9, 2016, 1:06 PM

You're assuming I am justifying his actions.***

Feb 9, 2016, 1:52 PM

Feb 9, 2016, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Would a potential career ending injury be more damaging to ]

Then don't play football - don't run, don't pass, don't take a snap, don't do anything. Play touch football and hope you don't get in a wreck driving to the game. Crazy argument...

You also didn't answer the question.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:20 AM

What is it with you people?

Re: You also didn't answer the question.

Feb 9, 2016, 11:31 AM

Feb 9, 2016, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Would a potential career ending injury be more damaging to ]

So, Newton is special and he is the only player on the field who does not dive for loose balls?

Answer: Newton***

Feb 9, 2016, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Would a potential career ending injury be more damaging to ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Cam Newton is a class act;)

Feb 9, 2016, 10:31 AM

Newton is a class-act arrogant, immature, silly jerk!

That did not bother me. It appeared that he was going to

jump on it but that he actually got too close to properly sprawl, then he saw a teamate diving at it and decided to pulll up for if it squirted out. I don't think he quit there.

What did bug me is the spoil sport attitude after the game...going into the press conference becuase he is contractually obligated to, then sitting there sulking and pouting,...saying a total of 18 words..getting up and walking out. If my son acted that immature after a game I would be ashamed. Hey CAM, NOBODY likes losing. Yet you are the only QB who acts as if he is above talking to the press after the game...other QB's have lost the Super Bowl and sat there and answered questions LIKE A MAN. Not the great CAM....he can dish it but sure can't take it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: That did not bother me. It appeared that he was going to

Feb 9, 2016, 12:50 PM

Totally agree!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 9, 2016, 10:32 AM

Brief explanation needed, I think I missed it, but what exactly does diving on a ball have to do with being classy?

acting like a baby in post game interview after giving 60% effort.***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:19 AM

Re: acting like a baby in post game interview after giving 60% effort.***

Feb 9, 2016, 10:22 PM

oh so you have the eye for seeing how much effort an athete puts forth during a game? that's talent right there. hard to believe a professional athlete playing on the biggest stage would give 60%, but you eyed that out and im not one to argue.

Answer: Nothing. But it has a lot to do with...

Feb 9, 2016, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: That Cam Newton is a class act;) ]

cowardice; and that's just what he showed. He's the one who hung that ball out there and got stripped; he should have been the FIRST one diving for it. But his gonads shrunk down to bb's, and he backed off.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 10:35 AM

Teppers, Scram run up to the ball without a hand on it and backed away scared he may have to fight for the ball. Most FB players know that without that Jewel, it's hard to win, and they would have fought for that ball!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he is going to be around for a while, and he has...

Feb 9, 2016, 10:39 AM

many great years ahead of him, and he will being lots of charity work and makes sure panthers TD balls go to kids. Get over, it move on.

If you hate Cam Newton for your supposed reasons, then I expect to see your vitriol for Tom Brady since he is a career long cheater, and I want to see your vitriol for Aaron Rodgers who does celebrations which have been in a marketing campaign for like 4 or 5 years and he has gotten testy with the media. Cause if your stated reasons for hating Cam are true, then you must really hate Brady and Rodgers. Another QB to throw in, Phillip Rivers. If your stated reasons are true, I want to see your vitriol for those QB's too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he is going to be around for a while, and he has...

Feb 9, 2016, 11:15 AM

Were any of those guys playing in this years SB?? Were they acting like a baby during the SB and just leave the media outing after?

Do you think any of those guys would've avoided going for that fumble in the 4th quarter of the phucking SUPER BOWL???

Seems to me you're comparing apples to oranges in this situation, but I don't expect anything else from you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Feb 9, 2016, 11:18 AM

Who cares, move on

Feb 9, 2016, 11:21 AM

Got it. Someone who is of a differing opinion can state said opinion, yet I'm expected to move on.

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

no one questions tom Brady's will to win lol.***

Feb 9, 2016, 11:20 AM [ in reply to he is going to be around for a while, and he has... ]

yeah because he is a career long cheater...

Feb 9, 2016, 12:09 PM

Outside of the Cam haters, nobody is questioning his will to win. Dude carried Auburn on his back for a national title. He has won a junior college title, FBS title(asterisk because of AU paying his dad), and lead a team with a bunch of nobody receivers to the super bowl.

Re: yeah because he is a career long cheater...

Feb 9, 2016, 12:26 PM

he won a FCS title??? Link?

Feb 9, 2016, 4:02 PM

This young man answered lots of questions I had about him Sunday night. The presser doesn't concern me nearly as much as refusing to go into the scrum for his own fumble. I live 35 miles from Panther stadium and get pretty sick of hearing of Superman. I now have enough information to know what kind of person he is. We are now getting he was "waiting for the rebound" to explain his actions.

Feb 9, 2016, 7:04 PM

It was one bad play. You live so close to Charlotte then you remember him coming back last season after a terrible car wreck and injuries to lead his team to the playoffs. He as tough of a player as there is in this league. Don't let facts get in the way of your hatred for him because he beat Clemson so many years ago.

Feb 9, 2016, 7:19 PM

A bad play is an overthrow, dropped pass, missed block, or fumble, when you don't go after your own fumble in the Super Bowl, it's a telling moment in your life.

Feb 9, 2016, 7:40 PM

A telling moment in his life? Hahaha Geez man it's football. He made a bad decision at a critical time. It's football. You act like he didn't save a baby falling out of a window.

Some people just need to get a life. He is playing a game. It didn't work out. Nothing more nothing less

Feb 9, 2016, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: That Cam Newton is a class act;) ]

I hear ya Oprah...

Personally I think he just thought the ball was going to squirt back out to him.

The man has won a heisman trophy, national championship, NFL MVP, he's the best power RB in the league......

His toughness and will to win has never been a question.

Feb 9, 2016, 4:09 PM

Watson and Dabo lost the second biggest game in Clemson history a few weeks ago and stood and answered questions until there were no more. If you are defending cammie, ask yourself this, if Watson fumbled late in the fourth trailing by 6 against Bama and made no effort to recover his own fumble how would you feel about him?

Feb 9, 2016, 4:32 PM

Best post yet! Amen!

you're showing your limit of football knowledge and human...

Feb 9, 2016, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: That Cam Newton is a class act;) ]

measurements. The ball was about a foot away from his feet. At 6'5" if he would of dove he would have been nowhere near the ball. Only thing he could have done to recover the ball was to bend over, which wouldn't have worked because the time it would take him to bend over to get the ball the Denver player would have already knocked it away.

no place for sense making around here***

Feb 9, 2016, 7:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you're showing your limit of football knowledge and human...

Feb 9, 2016, 8:05 PM [ in reply to you're showing your limit of football knowledge and human... ]

One thing is for sure, either you or I are definitely are showing our limited knowledge of football and human measurements!"

Feb 9, 2016, 7:21 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzesqlQyf5Q&index=11&list=PL6435F82FF2BE3CF8

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic