Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks to everyone who prayed for my dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,741

Thanks to everyone who prayed for my dad

Oct 12, 2017, 1:50 PM

About a month ago I made a prayer request here for my dad, a 1964 ME grad. He had lost his ability to swallow due to a stroke, and was in rehab trying to recover that ability so he could eat and drink normally.

Well, He did it. Those prayers were answered. The feeding tube has been removed, and my dad is back to eating and drinking normally. Although it isn't unheard of for these things to be temporary, the folks in the gastro unit at St. Francis told me that often those swallowing issues do not reverse themselves and folks end up living on Ensure poured through a tube into their stomachs for the rest of their lives. Praise the Lord that isn't the case for my dad. He's back home, watching the Tigers on his big-screen TV and enjoying every meal more than ever before.

He did it. Thank you for praying.

Ps. 34:4

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out the book My Stroke of Insight

Oct 12, 2017, 2:03 PM

I just T-mailed you some details about it, but for anyone that has a relative or close friend that has suffered a stroke, please get the book My Stroke of Insight by Jill Taylor. She is a neuroscientist that suffered a stroke, fully recovered from it, and then wrote about her experience. Full of valuable information in what helps, what is frustrating, and great analogies to what starting your recovery compares to (think new parents raising an infant, but that infant is in an adult body and expected to do things infants cannot do).

After sharing directly to you, I thought others may benefit, too, from this book.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks man!! I appreciate the info

Oct 12, 2017, 2:11 PM

It's been a long five months.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thnx for report

Oct 12, 2017, 2:05 PM

Sounds like a tough guy and someone G wanted to have around here longer for a reason.

Re: Thanks to everyone who prayed for my dad

Oct 12, 2017, 2:10 PM

I'm so happy for all of you and thanks for sharing. Good reports like this are always enjoyable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 2:13 PM

This news makes my day. I am so happy for you, your dad and all of your family. Will continue to pray for more improvements and may God continue to bless your family.

Amen!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 2:52 PM

Prayer is the most powerful force on Earth. Good news for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 3:06 PM

That is, indeed, good news. I knows happiness abounds in your home and may it continue. The power of prayer is truly a gift.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2017, 3:31 PM

Thanks so much for the update and so happy for your dad and your family. Will continue to pray for more improvement.

Oct 12, 2017, 4:41 PM

PRAISE THE LORD

Oct 12, 2017, 4:48 PM

This is wonderful news! Thank you for sharing this with your Tiger family! Prayer is powerful!

Oct 12, 2017, 11:12 PM

Absolutely wonderful news! Thrilled for your dad and for your family. Prayers answered once again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,741
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic