Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Thanks Tigers

Sep 11, 2019, 1:13 AM

Just got back home to Houston. Prior to the game I created a thread requesting insight to the area and things to do to get the most out of our trip. Although I wish the game was more competitive, our trip to Greenville and Clemson was a great experience and I found the people in the area and Clemson fans to be genuinely hospitable and very gracious.

One of the things we decided to do was brewery hop all around Greenville. Ya'll have a number of great breweries that have been set up in reclaimed factories. Had great tastings at so many of them (The Whale, 13 Stripes, Birds Fly South, 8th State, etc.). But the hospitality at Community Tap, Blue Ridge and especially Shoeless was over the top.

Shoeless was amazing in that my wife and I pulled up, didn't see many cars and she decided to stay and wait for me. I walk in to what feels like a small social gathering of close friends on a Friday night, and in addition to the beer I purchased I receive all types of tastings out of their personal cans/bottles. My wife finally comes in to see what is taking so long and with great conversation and interaction we hang out even longer before we have to proceed to the Aggie tailgate. Just great people.

Greenville as a town was a treat. Wonderful downtown, and the Friday night street festival had a lot more welcoming Clemson fans that were eager to share their favorite things to do in the area. Got to play golf Friday morning at Holly Tree and I enjoyed the course as well as the people there.

Game day I got to swing by the Scott Rhymer (sp?) radio show and give a brief Aggie perspective. Also got to walk the campus a bit (though the wife wasn't a fan of the hills). Was able to try to Clemson's ice cream, which I agree was better than the ice cream I got in Gastonia (not saying Tony's was bad, but have to give the nod to Clemson). Hit the Esso for a while, also took plenty of pics at the Scroll of Honor, and watched the band come in over by the area near Howard's rock. Even got a few horns down from some of the band members on video.

Prior to game time we make our way to our seats in section S. We were surrounded by Tigers with a few Ags sprinkled here and there, but close enough for our yells and War Hymn. The energy was fantastic and was consistent through much of the game. We had friendly discourse with the neighbors sitting near us and shook hands after the game. My wife and I did get on the field and took some pics there. This is a great experience for the fans and students.

I could say a lot more, but this would be an even bigger novel than my first post. But if there is one thing I will emphasize, is your fans and the people in SC in general really made this an outstanding trip. I had a number of conversations with folks who came to Aggieland and genuinely enjoyed their experience - like me they expressed a desire for both teams to do a 1 and 1 regularly. Whether in passing on the street, at the country club, outside the stadium, navigating through the tailgates, in the Hendricks student center, in line at the Esso, the people were just remarkable - even the current Clemson students. Your fan base is the most respectful (and probably the best at spelling) that we've encountered. A very high bar has been set for Athens when we play there in November. Thanks for the suggestions and the great trip.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Tigers

Sep 11, 2019, 2:02 AM

Good luck in Sanford Stadium, wear body armor, and have PEPPER SPRAY in some form to help you to get back to your vehicle without getting beat and assaulted. Leaving there win or lose is a Huge RISK, physically and verbally, your wife will be told many things they want to do with her with you holding on to her. I became a Tiger fan at 10, 56 years ago, and Sanford Stadium was a once and never again, once was more than enough for me, I actually felt that I would end up with a murder charge just trying to leave there, that is the honest truth, so you may want to rethink a visit to that sooner dog kennel!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 2:14 AM

This is true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although I think that treatment is reserved for Clemson fans

Sep 12, 2019, 6:43 PM

and a few select others (i.e. Florida) but maybe they'll be nicer to aTm. Nah, probably not.

Sep 11, 2019, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks Tigers ]

The worst I've ever been treated at any stadium was UGA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 9:05 AM

I hope you will honor us with a post about your Athens experience.

Good luck and, until we meet again, Go Aggies!

Welp,

Sep 11, 2019, 9:19 AM

There goes today's POTD.

Congerts in advance.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Thanks for sharing, I'm happy that

Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 AM

the game was not competitive. I really enjoyed watching Clemson BTHO of y'all.

Good luck in Athens. And by "good luck" I mean "pack heat" cause you're gonna need it. The leghumpers are vile and despicable beings.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

"Best at spelling"?

Sep 11, 2019, 9:39 AM

You don't read Tigernet much, do you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I thik jonj is smart enough to realize that we have a

Sep 11, 2019, 10:05 AM

unique TNet dictionary that we bust out for speshul poasts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Best at spelling"?

Sep 12, 2019, 6:38 PM [ in reply to "Best at spelling"? ]

That is a reference to our C-L-E-M-S-O-----N cheer.....opposing fans get sick of hearing it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 9:43 AM

Great people attract others just like them. You had a great time because it sounds like you’re a great person yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Great & informative post Jonj the Aggie!

Sep 11, 2019, 9:55 AM

Wow..you & the little lady did more in 2-3 days than lazy locals do in a year!

Oh, I chatted with several Aggies as well as band members at game and we all were cordial & respectful, without even trying.

Gig'em!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks Tigers ]

Great movie, living next door to those zipper heads!!!

Sep 11, 2019, 10:04 AM

Jonj, beat those flat-faced, bob-tailed, slobbering DAWGS in November!!!!

Don’t go to UGA

Sep 11, 2019, 11:04 AM

Cept for unwanted sodomy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet, Section S is my section

Sep 12, 2019, 10:51 AM

Had a healthy sprinkling of Aggies throughout the section. It was energetic but cordial throughout the game. I give particular props to the Aggie a few rows down from me who was loud on every single Aggie defensive down, even when the score was 24-3. I had to smile at that.

Truly enjoyed having the Aggie band and fan base in the stadium--can't say that about many other opponents. It was fun the entire time.

Sep 12, 2019, 6:34 PM

I would love for you to travel back to our site and give us a brief rundown of your Athens trips.

Also, happy you visited the scroll of honor. You should visit their site and if you took pictures of any names, find them on the site and read a brief story on them.

https://soh.alumni.clemson.edu/scroll-of-honor/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### - he did Greenville better than I ever have.

Sep 12, 2019, 10:05 PM

I feel slightly ashamed and inadequate.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic