Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you Steve Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,654

Thank you Steve Spurrier

Jan 13, 2017, 11:35 AM

I know, I know. No, I'm not crazy.

As painful, and yes severely painful, as the "high five" and "five bombs" were just 3 short years ago, look at it this way.

1) Steve Spurrier led their team to 5 straight victories against us. That misery forced Dabo and Co. to put their nose to the grindstone and recruit their tiger tails off.

2) He left their program in such a state that we have enjoyed three straight wins including a top 5 beat down of all time.

3) He was present at the coin flip for our 2nd National Championship providing us some sort of luck either because of him or in spite of him.

4) He's semi-funny in the Dr. Pepper commercials.

5) He made the majority of their fan base hate their winningest coach of all time. That's got to suck for them.

So, thank you OBC. I no longer despise you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't mind him as much now

Jan 13, 2017, 11:45 AM

After basically being "God" to coot nation for so long, he left them high and dry with nothing and has pretty much forgotten they exist. He's a solid Florida Gator again. If someone just started following college football they'd never even know he coached at USuCk. It's pretty funny.

Indeed

Jan 13, 2017, 12:00 PM

The way he walked away, without a care in the world, from the smoldering wreckage in Columbia makes be smile a good bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in love with Spurrier now.

Jan 13, 2017, 12:04 PM

The fact that he's back in Gainsville and is drawiing a pay check from them is a slap in the face to the coots as well.

Love Spurrier.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I didn't know Spurrier was going to be recognized...

Jan 13, 2017, 12:32 PM

...at the Natty. It would have been awesome if we had known and made a plan to actually cheer him. The ensuing discussion with Folwer and Herbstreit as to why Clemson would cheer Spurrier would have been priceless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true

Jan 13, 2017, 12:34 PM

Because things were going pretty well for clemson football except for that nagging 5 losses to SC. If we had beaten them all those years would there still have been that drive to get better? Maybe but you never know

Always good to leave things like you found them

Jan 13, 2017, 12:38 PM

He did that with South Carolina.

Chad Morris and BV's are direcltly responsible for our

Jan 13, 2017, 12:44 PM

success.

We would not have been able to pay their salaries if it were not for boosters stepping up with the donations.

All the ribbing that Steve gave us over the years is directly responsible for those donations.

Thank you Steve Spurrier for bring the best out of us.

Also, Thank you West Virgina.***

Jan 13, 2017, 12:46 PM

In a way he had his hand in helping us eventually win...

Jan 13, 2017, 12:46 PM

...the Natty and much more. It's not the kick in the butt we wanted but none-the-less it's what we needed.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,654
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic