Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M Game question. Or general Texas question.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Texas A&M Game question. Or general Texas question.

Feb 19, 2018, 8:36 PM

My daughter and son-in-law (and only grandson) moving to San Angelo. I am planning to visit them and make the trip. Just wondering if anyone has made that drive from San Angelo to College Station and how good/bad it is.

Also, any Tigers in San Angelo that can give some general info about living there?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: akgtiger®

Message was edited by: akgtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas A&M Game question. Or general Texas question.

Feb 19, 2018, 10:12 PM

I live north of Dallas and will be coming down for sure. You will have about a 5 hour drive from SA, but if you take the southern route you will go through the hill country, which is the prettiest part of Texas. Fredericksburg is a cool town and is a little out of the way, but fun to visit. You will drive right past Austin, one of the coolest towns in Texas. Great food and music. San Angelo is not far from A Ilene, there is one of the best steak houses in Texas there if you guys get over ther, check out Perinis

Tons of Texas BBQ in and beneath Austin. Franklins and Salt Luck are the best

Lodging is the toughest thing about going to college station. Most hotels are $300 a night or sold out. I am staying in Waco, 90 miles away and ton of rooms under $100

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 10:54 PM

Thanks, much. I will follow up with some later. They want my wife and I to consider relocating there. We're thinking about it but do need to spend a little time there first. Hoping to find a few Tigers there, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 10:36 PM

I don’t live there and I’m not from there, but I do go to San Angelo 3 or 4 times a year with work. It’s flat and dry, there are trees, but nothing like the Carolinas. That part of the world is full of native Texans. Brace for the summer heat, it can be shocking. Word to the wise, when the locals start waxing poetic about living in “God’s Country”, don’t laugh, it’ll be hard not to laugh, but don’t, they’re serious. When the tornado sirens go off, take them serously too. My guestament on the drive from San Angelo to College Station would be 3:30. Just a guess.

Feb 19, 2018, 10:39 PM

And I 2nd the hill country being the prettiest part of Texas.

Feb 20, 2018, 7:35 AM

I reserved a room last week at Embassy Suites, College Station for $160 a night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow

Feb 20, 2018, 8:53 AM

You did good with the hotel. Have been looking for months, still no luck under $300 in CS
Unless you want Motel 6, the wife ain’t doing that. If you cancel your trip for any reason, I will take your room.

I am looking at Killeen.

Feb 20, 2018, 2:38 PM

Prices are around $100 and plenty of rooms. It is on the way back to San Angelo and about 2 hours out.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic