Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texans interview Josh McCown. What a clown show.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,688

Texans interview Josh McCown. What a clown show.

Jan 24, 2021, 12:25 PM

DW can't out of there fast enough.

https://tylerpaper.com/news/jacksonville-native-josh-mccown-interviews-for-texans-coaching-job/article_a06b228a-5d02-11eb-938c-471b478d4a62.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texans interview Josh McCown. What a clown show.

Jan 24, 2021, 1:09 PM

Hiring someone with little or no coaching experience. About what I would expect from Houston.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 1:32 PM

Texans have always struck me as being primarily focused on making a buck. Maximize sales, minimize expenses. Business is their priority. That’s fine, they own it, they can do as they please. I don’t think they’ll be winning any Championships that way though

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 1:37 PM

You can’t make a legitimate argument that getting rid of Hopkins was a good idea from a competitive point of view. Saving a buck? Yes. Makes us a better team? Absolutely not.

Jan 24, 2021, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Texans interview Josh McCown. What a clown show. ]

I agree, if championships is what the Texans wanted, or was interested in winning, the very day they drafted DW4, they would have made an effort to build an offensive line for DW4 and his skills to work with. And that just hasn't been the case as it appears. I don't think there was ever any real intentions of giving DW4 any input with who they hired as a head coach, and I don't think that DW4 had any idea they were going to get rid of Nuk when they did, and it was just as big of a shock to DW4 as it was with everybody else. That was done to put more money in their pockets bc they knew that it was going to cost them to keep DW4 with a new contract, and without DW4, ticket sales was going to suffer, just as they will if DW4 forces them to trade him. The Houston Texans are just a team that helps to make up the schedule for that league, only for the money!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Texans interview Josh McCown. What a clown show. ]

They make great moves followed up by dumb moves.
They got rid of Nuk so they could pay DW4. It didn’t hurt their passing game, 4th in the NFL.
Their running game and Defense were near the bottom if the league.
They need an overhaul from the top down, and they know it! I hope DW4 stays if they are successful.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,688
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic