Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taking my mom to her first game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,709

Taking my mom to her first game.

Oct 10, 2019, 1:01 PM

Hey folks,

I want to bring my mom up for her first ever Tiger game this Saturday. Getting tickets seems to be easy enough, but what is the parking situation like if I just drive up on game day? I haven't been to a game since I was a student that just had to walk down from Johnstone Hall.

Also, how long does it take to snake down the road from I-95 into Clemson on a game day?

Thanks in advance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pics?***

Oct 10, 2019, 1:13 PM

Re: Pics?***

Oct 10, 2019, 1:50 PM

Dude. I'm 48 and my mom is pushing 70, but I'm sure she can put her teeth in for a pic if you really need it.

Tell her to leave 'em out...***

Oct 10, 2019, 5:03 PM

Re: Pics?***

Oct 10, 2019, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Pics?*** ]

Made my day! ??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome To Death Valley #1

Oct 10, 2019, 1:13 PM

It takes 45-60 minutes from I-85 (at Anderson-Clemson exit). Go all the way to 123 Bypass, blend left & then go one block to the College Ave intersection..turn left onto College Ave towards town..find parking FREE behind BoA on immediate right b/4 post office or lot behind it..or go another block towards churches & find reasonable parting ($20) in the neighborhood to left since on up the street the churches are charging $40.

Walk two blocks to town to shop or mingle..cross over onto campus from Subway..walk across Bowman to either amphitheater where band does a concert 1 1/2 hrs b/4 game..

or over to Calhoun Mansion 1 hr b/4 kick-off to see band crank out Tiger Rag & March down the Hill with them.

Enjoy & Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taking my mom to her first game.

Oct 10, 2019, 1:26 PM

Plan on getting here at 8:00 am. Seriously! If you park at the YMCA, it has a shuttle to and from the stadium, you’d have to ask about the times and places the shuttle picks up and drops off. I think the newsprings lot does as well. The C-1 lot is on Perimeter road and it’s about $20-$40 to park there. If you want free parking, there’s parking at the Walker course (golf course). At 8:00 am there should be a lot of parking available for $20-$40 it just depends on how far you want to walk. Additionally you can park on the side of perimeter road for free, but it is about a 10 minute walk to the stadium. If you arrive any time past 11:00 am all I have to say is good luck!

Oct 10, 2019, 1:52 PM

8 AM for a 330 game is nuts! She lives in Clinton, about 1/5 hours away on a normal day. I didn't know I was going to have to get up at the crack of dawn like a farmer.

Please fix your post to say I-85

Oct 10, 2019, 1:27 PM

I-95 is at least 3 hours away from Clemson on gameday

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Hope you and your mom have a great time

Oct 10, 2019, 1:29 PM

and witness a rout.

And obviously you mean I-85; just wanted to point that out before the funny people catch it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope you and your mom have a great time

Oct 10, 2019, 1:49 PM

You're right! I missed that. I live in St. Augustine, FL. Everything is in relation to I-95.

Oct 10, 2019, 1:55 PM

Sorry about the confusion. I, of course, meant I-85.

If you aren't leaving early you may want to come in from

Oct 10, 2019, 2:24 PM

the side roads and avoid 85. Go 385 to Fountain Inn then 418, 8, 88, then 123 into Clemson.

Or buy a parking pass for the game and know exactly where you'll be parking. Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For FSU and 3:30, I really think you won't want to get there

Oct 10, 2019, 5:14 PM

after 11. If you're bringing your own lunch and all that, you can probably do 12, but you might fight other traffic on 123.

Do you know where you're parking? How far are you both willing to walk?

Clemson

Give yourself a lot of time

Oct 10, 2019, 5:33 PM

Your mom at that age isn't gonna hoof it through those hills to the valley like your beer-fueled student self did.

If you haven't been since a student, you've likely never been told by older people behind you to sit down. People hate that. Maybe warn her ahead of time that, sometimes, people stand up in the stands.

As you're driving in, maybe listen to some really really loud music. Just to ease her into an FSU-at-Death-Valley crowd noise situation.

And for the good of everyone, double up on the polygrip because nobody wants to get bitten on the ### by a rouge set of dentures in the middle of Tiger Rag.

Oct 10, 2019, 6:45 PM

You can prepay for a spot at Y Beach (Snow lot). I think it’s $25 and they run shuttles to and from the stadium area.

Oct 10, 2019, 7:38 PM

Good for you taking care of your mom so well! Hope it’s a perfect day!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic