Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TURNOVERS were the ONLY thing that kept the game close.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TURNOVERS were the ONLY thing that kept the game close.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:15 PM

Quit turning the ball over and we are nearly unstoppable.

We knew going in that SCAR's only chance was to benefit from a bunch of turnovers.

We accommodated them ...

Hats off to them for creating most of the fumbles and giving their offense a short field over and over again.

SCAR played about as good as they possibly could. And it wasn't enough.

We won the game in spite of giving them every opportunity for the upset.

Once again ... stop turning the ball over!

This team can beat any team in the country just by playing their game and holding on to the ball.

We'll play better next week with this rivalry game behind us.

GO TIGERS! BEAT THE TAR HEELS!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful, some think these are things that can't be fixed***

Nov 28, 2015, 5:16 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

Giving up huge plays on D is what scares me.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:19 PM

It's like we have a giant Achilles heel. We are awesome on 90% of plays. And then awful on 10%

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No turnovers and the D stays off the field longer.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:21 PM

More rested for when they come back on the field. Turnovers always put pressure on the D.

We have become too aggressive and good teams will exploit

Nov 28, 2015, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Giving up huge plays on D is what scares me. ]

that. The more aggressive the defensive play calling, the more those big plays happen and hurt us. We need to calm down some on the blitzes, etc. There is a time for them, but they need to be used less IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Misassignments and over-pursue are our problems.

Nov 28, 2015, 5:27 PM

I don't mind being aggressive, but some players need to stay home.

Re: Agreed. Misassignments and over-pursue are our problems.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:15 PM

I get pissed when I see a player hit behind the line of scrimmage and the gain mega positive yards!

It just seems like execution to me. People not doing their

Nov 28, 2015, 5:35 PM [ in reply to We have become too aggressive and good teams will exploit ]

job. I was happy with our defensive 'playcalling.'

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It just seems like execution to me. People not doing their

Nov 28, 2015, 5:43 PM

Seems that happened at Oklahoma when BV was the defensive coordinator there. He has always over pursed at times and would cost them a big play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If ONE guy misses a tackle and they get 40+ yards

Nov 28, 2015, 5:47 PM [ in reply to It just seems like execution to me. People not doing their ]

or a TD, that's a problem. We didn't do that against UM, GT, ND, and to a lesser extent FSU. We DID do that against WF, Syracuse, Louisville, and today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is one other thing that seems to be a recurring theme:

Nov 29, 2015, 10:18 PM [ in reply to We have become too aggressive and good teams will exploit ]

Dodd said this: “They just had a great plan altogether. Sometimes we weren’t ready. We were looking to the sidelines or they just made some good plays because they have great players too,” defensive end Kevin Dodd said.

Not only have we noticed this, this isn't the first time/game that this has been admitted by a player. I think it could have been Shaq who said that about a different game.

I am not sure if the problem is due to confusion by the coaches, gamesmanship, or whatever, but against SCAR, there was one time that they hiked the ball while we were still looking to the sideline.

A lot of this may come with getting all sorts of new looks because everyone is trying to knock off the #1 team. It just seems like we should have like two basic types of defenses...and just run them no matter what.

I do think we have the talent, work ethic, and smarts. However, I think there is an element of confusion at times that needs to be eliminated. Maybe some of it is due to a lack of discipline. As long as CBV diagnoses the problem...and our players want to fix it...I think we will be ok.

Re: We have become too aggressive and good teams will exploit

Nov 29, 2015, 10:19 PM [ in reply to We have become too aggressive and good teams will exploit ]

Yeah, I was thinking that during the game. I love the aggression but there is a whole lot of film out there on us so I think they're planning against the blitz. I love to see it, but maybe we should slow it down just a smidge.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, yep, yep. From here out, we have perhaps one turnover

Nov 28, 2015, 5:21 PM

per game we can overcome. And that's assuming our defense can get us one or more back.

The Coots and bed-wetters are not gonna like this post!

Nov 28, 2015, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree with that

Nov 28, 2015, 5:24 PM

inexplicable though

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good post.....

Nov 28, 2015, 6:00 PM

tried our best to give the game away and STILL won....

chickenseason is officially over....Tiger season is just beginning.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got pretty annoyed with that WIDE OPEN slant pass

Nov 29, 2015, 10:07 PM

after a while

Hopefully BV gets it straight this week

null

We practiced for UNCheat all week.

Nov 29, 2015, 11:11 PM

It's as if USuCk was a D2 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To that I add punt coverage

Nov 29, 2015, 11:13 PM

I am in disbelief that we couldn't find a way to field a punt returner on their punts. DW and the O handled the adversity of short fields well excluding the fumbles but dang, what's up special teams???

Special teams are an adventure ...***

Nov 30, 2015, 5:51 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually agree with the decision not to have a returner

Nov 30, 2015, 7:38 AM [ in reply to To that I add punt coverage ]

back in those situations. Coots were obviously looking for matchups to run a fake punt. Also, with turnovers already happening, the only way to ensure we didn't muff a punt and give them more energy is to not field it to begin with. Our offense showed it was capable of sustaining drives starting anywhere, as long as we didn't turn it over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't agree more. Poor Chickens think they won.

Nov 30, 2015, 6:17 AM

But I also believe a couple years ago we lose this game.

Time to get back to playing big boy football or we end up like those chicken teams. A division title and nothing else to show for it.

Go Tigers.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TURNOVERS were the ONLY thing that kept the game close.

Nov 30, 2015, 6:29 AM

I agree about the T/O's. In fact, I stated it pre-game:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18395830#18395830

T/O's is my only real concern. The ONLY team that can beat CLEMSON today is CLEMSON.

Pharoh Cooper is the real deal though, so we MUST have a plan to deny him the ball when possible. He will hurt us more than once today, but it won't be enough.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic