Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TUA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TUA

Oct 23, 2019, 8:54 AM

So, I hear that radio station out of Bama saying Tua won't be back in time for LSU and Bama is gonna spin this in their favor when they lose that game and run rest of table that they were without their best player in that game and still get strong consideration for playoff spot. Sounds like building a backdoor in case they lose to LSU.

So....play devils advocate.....say they lose to LSU.....LSU vs UGA in SEC title game, say UGA wins....IF committee lets in Bama and say OSU and OU go unbeaten, who gets left out? I don't think it plays out that way because there's never been 3 unbeatens....but you never know.

Sick of this SEC bias....I imagine if the above happened, then you'd have some argue well Bama, UGA AND LSU should all be in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TUA

Oct 23, 2019, 9:14 AM

Of course they would argue that way. Heck, they will argue that, even if all of them have losses. "Their conference is so tough, don't you know?" Saddest part is they get so much free publicity as to their "greatness" from their ESecPN network, the country just assumes it's true. Granted our conference surely isn't holding up it's end of the proposition to show we are a good FB conference, but every team in the sec isn't great, either. Their out of conference games don't inspire a lot of respect, in most cases.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2019, 12:09 PM

I had one SECheat homer try to tell me that if the SEC Champion was to have 3 losses they should be in the playoffs. I'm pulling for LSU against Bama then LSU loses to TAMU (Long shot I know). UGA to beat Florida then lose to Auburn and Auburn beating Bama. This will get really interesting then. Another good run would be Missouri to beat both UGA and Florida. One I forgot would be this weekend's game between Auburn and LSU. If LSU losses then the above would put Auburn against a 3 loss SECleast team. This if the East winner was to win the SECheat then to committee would be hard pressed to put a SECheat team in the playoffs say about Oregon with one loss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 7:20 AM

I like the way you think and the possibilities of them flaming out. One can only hope there gets to be a dilemma such as you mention. Not wishing them bad luck, but justice would be served for all the biased favoritism they are the constant beneficiary of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TUA ]

By the way, you shouldn't hang around with people like that. It will ruin your reputation, but it will elevate his.

Heck they get publicity on the ACC Network

Oct 23, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TUA ]

with the announcers talking about how Clemson has "SEC-caliber athletes". SMH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heck they get publicity on the ACC Network

Oct 24, 2019, 7:31 AM

The only difference is that ours are smarter. That, they can't touch.

There were 3 unbeatens last year ... Clem / Bama / ND***

Oct 23, 2019, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest hypocrisy is that Clemson may not be able to have one loss.

Oct 24, 2019, 7:34 AM

But a one loss sec team that doesn’t go to the championship game ends up with 11 wins and a zero loss Clemson Champion has 13 wins. I think it’s the difference in two wins more so than the difference in one loss plus the fact that the committee weighs heavily conference championships that guarantees us a spot IF we win out. What I don’t like about this is as I said, one loss is a different conversation that we don’t want to have.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TUA- I'd be fine playing them back to back in the CFPO

Oct 24, 2019, 7:42 AM

We'll score a bunch on those big 12 defenses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2019, 9:40 AM

To me the whole premise is grassy knoll territory. Throw the LSU game and win out to get in the CFP? What about Auburn? That ain't a gimme game for Bama - not this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Bama will lose to Auburn this season

Oct 24, 2019, 10:03 AM

Mark it down - which means nothing because it's not like I'm any kind of guru when it comes to things and I don't gamble.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic