Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two Tigers named top-10 returning players in CFB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,455

TNET: Two Tigers named top-10 returning players in CFB

Jan 18, 2018, 2:48 PM

Two Tigers named top-10 returning players in CFB

Clemson's returning starters at defensive end were named among college football's top-10 returning players by CBS Sports. Christian Wilkins landed at No. 2 behi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two Tigers named top-10 returning players in CFB

Jan 18, 2018, 5:02 PM

I really hope that our front 7 will spend a lot of their time in summer workouts in agility training and in the weight room making them selves as strong or stronger than any lineman in college FB. For the guys coming back for a senior campaign, I'm hoping to see them dominate every O-line they will play against. Hearing of our front 7 being talked about isn't enough, I want them to be praised through out the entire season, and not by Dabo, but by every HC we play against!!! I can't wait to see the best that has come for our Tiger FB team!!!

Our offensive line, IMO, I don't think they performed the way that we expected or thought they would coming into the 2017 season, and I don't think our star Mitch Hyatt played as well as most thought he should have in his junior season. Hopefully he will take on the beast mode player on the offensive side of the ball in 2018. I'm really hoping that Carman will be able to give our O-Line some much needed help early. I believe that we have enough talented O-lineman that can give us some good OL depth, but, our O-Line really need's to step up and bring it in 2018 for our O-line to be considered a real strength for our team as a whole. Hopefully that Carman and a fully recovered Bockhorst can come in ready to represent OHIO on our O-line. Looking at what we have coming back with the new, we should have a much improved O-line in 2018, than what they were in 2017.

I could be wrong, but I hope not. Looking at our team as a whole with the experience Talent we have on both sides of the ball, we should be a better team than any we play heading to the playoffs. We shouldn't have any of those games as close as we had last year that went down to the last seconds of the game. Our offense should be grown up and fully Jelled as any offense we will play against. Add our defense, we should beat any team in college FB including Bama. IMPO, I think that we have a FB team that can go undefeated and be the first ever 15-0 team in the history of college FB, I really do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 5:06 PM

Biggest question I think is DB depth which could improve a lot in the next couple weeks and our ability to attack downfield.

Leanthony Williams should help.*****

Jan 19, 2018, 6:51 AM

Jan 18, 2018, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Two Tigers named top-10 returning players in CFB ]

Well said as always AO52. Completely agree with both comments- especially with being our DB strength and depth. We really need us a mak Alexander, someone to step up and take d o d place.

Have Garrett Williams worked into the o and just be somewhat a target like leggett. We should be loaded at rb with a better understanding of our offense and pass blocking. If we can get Ross that’d give us our deep threat with tee downfield.

The last piece is QB. Our oline wasn’t as good as advertised but there was a lot of times kb could have stepped up and over to avoid traffic... much like cuse did to us. If kb going to be our qb he’s got to get the d ball out quick to our bubble, wr, screens and slants.. against good competition. We’ll man handle most of our schedule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2018, 11:01 PM

I really don't think that KB will keep the starting QB job even if he starts the season out at as QB. If he do start, it will only be to give one of our younger QBs time to fit!!! Dabo and our OC's saw What we we had with KB as QB this past season, and they know that it's a fact that KB can't throw past 15-20 yards vertically down field, and if we won't to bring that NC back to Clemson, we will have to stretch the field vertically or good teams will stack the box and make KB beat them with his arm, and Bama done an excellent job proving that he couldn't beat them with just a short arm!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2018, 9:16 AM

I've been saying this since last year around this time but no juan wanted to listen KB is a runner he doesn't have a natural touch on the long mid or deep ball like DW4

I would argue that we didn't have "arguably" the best D line

Jan 19, 2018, 6:46 AM

We had undoubtedly the best D-line in college football. Wow are they going to dominate this year.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,455
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic