Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tiger Band will be benched during halftime of ACC Championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Tiger Band will be benched during halftime of ACC Championship

Nov 21, 2017, 8:47 AM

Tiger Band will be benched during halftime of ACC Championship

Clemson's Tiger Band has had an interesting football season making the headlines a few times this year. During a celebration of last year's National Championshi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look forward to watching the fat, unathletic people

Nov 21, 2017, 8:53 AM

try to chest-pass footballs into a barrel for $10,000.

Because THAT's what Championship football is all about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I look forward to watching the fat, unathletic people

Nov 21, 2017, 8:56 AM

put them in unflattering sponsor / football jerseys to make them look even worse

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At first I thought you was talking about our color guard***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to I look forward to watching the fat, unathletic people ]

Let them play!***

Nov 21, 2017, 9:05 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: TNET: Tiger Band will be benched during halftime of ACC Championship

Nov 21, 2017, 9:09 AM

Everyone going to the game should immediately start booing as soon as Miami's band finishes their halftime performance and continue throughout the whole "sponsor-related content".

No one cares about this sponsor content crap. The crowd is going to be in concession lines or the bathrooms anyway. At least with the band, you can still hear them playing while not in your seat.

Nov 21, 2017, 10:22 AM

Stinks for fans attending the game, but makes no difference for folks watching on t.v. They hardly ever let us hear the bands pre-game or halftime anyway. Now, it's all about out of town scores and endless chatter.

In related news...

Nov 21, 2017, 9:13 AM

The ACC office and ESPN announced Clemson and Miami will be limited to 40 plays each, with a running clock. When asked about the reasoning for this change in “game flow” the spokesperson for ESPN stated “We find that what people are really interested in is crappy ads for sugary beverages, cars made mostly in Mexico and feminine hygiene products. Our research suggests playing more than 40 offensive plays per side severely limits our ability to get paid.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In related news...

Nov 21, 2017, 9:23 AM

HOF entry, right there

ohh c'mon that's not fair !

Nov 21, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to In related news... ]

###### and other pharma ads maybe, but not feminine hygiene products ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

excellent point, though one could also interpret

Nov 21, 2017, 10:11 AM

“Ads for feminine hygiene products” as the inevitable incessant talk about Baker Mayfield that will happen every chance they get during our game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IIIIICCCEEEE COLD DR. PEPPER HERE>>>>>

Nov 21, 2017, 10:42 AM [ in reply to In related news... ]

This guy appreciates that. BTW is that Spurrier?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Nov 21, 2017, 10:31 AM

This is part of a trend that has slowly progressed since the late 70s/early 80s...

Bands all over the country used to travel to most if not all away games. Not so anymore (Tiger Band is one of the VERY few exceptions).
TV networks used to show halftime shows in their entirety on every game they broadcast. Not so anymore.
At many South Carolina high school football games nowadays, the bands have been eliminated from halftime altogether. Many high school bands perform their halftime shows after the game is over (after everyone but band parents have left the stadium).
And now this...it's just another cog in the wheel in the systematic phase-out of the concept of the marching band at football games.

Nov 21, 2017, 11:43 AM

I guess cynicism is appropriate since it starts with C and the issue is about band Censure for the Championship involving Clemson. Well, the aCC gets to decide who does what, in Contract Consultation with espn. They don't Care about the pageantry or the past, just Capitalism, or making the Coin.

I say play loud Clemson Tiger band and make us proud during the game. Make us and the team proud and together we'll bring home another aCC Championship.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 1:04 PM

What the bands should do is start playing as soon as the other one stops and continue until the game starts, both pregame and halftime. Play as loud as possible and let it be know to the talking heads they have had enough of that crap. Who cares about someone trying to throw a ball into a barrel. No athleticism in what they are doing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 1:06 PM

Television is ruining the College game day experience for fans. Television controls everything, from what time games are played, to even which day games are played (Thursday night games s*ck for home team fans that have to travel any distance). It is very unfortunate that college football is "all about who controls the money". I loved being a Clemson student from '77 to '82 when most games were at 1:00 PM on Saturdays. Later as a alum, this time slot was convenient to travel two plus hours to Clemson to attend games. Now, you have to either get a hotel or, as I am fortunate to be able to do, reserve a camping spot nearby for the season, as traveling home after midnight is not my preference when we play late games. As a Tiger Band alum, I resent the bands being relegated to the status of Second Class Organizations that the television networks and game sponsors feel "obligated" to give up precious advertisement time to allow them to have field time. The bands work very hard throughout the season to prepare performances, and are important ambassadors for the universities they represent. Without Tiger Band, there would have never been the heart pounding, passion inducing feelings we fans get when Tiger Rag is played! Also, poor attendance at some games can be directly attributed to the fact that one can simply stay home and watch the game on TV is one chooses, along with all of the commercials.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2017, 4:23 PM

Bands? Are we talking ‘bout bands? Lol

Someone please tell Miami’s band director

Nov 21, 2017, 11:21 PM

that Clemson’s “unfair advantage” has nothing to do with our band, and everything to do with the fact that we are more talented and a lot better at football than Miami.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Someone please tell Miami’s band director

Nov 26, 2017, 12:41 AM

also tell him, the players don't get amped one bit by what a band does. They all have headphones.

All the people the band is important to:
1. The band

Nov 26, 2017, 7:06 PM

I didn't see it mentioned in the comments, and maybe I just missed it, but the ACC has undone this decision and both bands will play in both segments.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic