Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher says ACC owes improvement to SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher says ACC owes improvement to SEC

Jul 16, 2018, 4:32 PM

Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher says ACC owes improvement to SEC

New Texas A&M and former Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher was forced to walk a tightrope in the preseason hype machine that is conference media days Monday. Las Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just another SEC Pumping Homer

Jul 16, 2018, 4:38 PM

Nothing to see here folks. We'll show him our appreciation in about 7 weeks. No worries Bimbo Fisher, we'll make sure we remind you where you come from.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Seemed pretty complimentary of the ACC to me...

Jul 16, 2018, 5:12 PM

What did he say that was wrong?

Re: Seemed pretty complimentary of the ACC to me...

Jul 16, 2018, 5:35 PM

Pay attention to his words. Last year ACC was the premier conference, his words. He messes up his last season at FSU and leaves for the SEC. Now the ACC owes it all to the SEC. It's all just sanctmonious coach speak to justify either a dumb statement last year or get off the stage at an interview. ACC is better against all conferences no doubt, but we are not the best of the power 5s yet, imo., and won't be for quite awhile if ever. Gotta get a better commish for that to happen.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seemed pretty complimentary of the ACC to me...

Jul 16, 2018, 10:44 AM

I disagree, I disagree bc Dabo doesn't necessarily play the conference drum, his biggest drum that he plays to, is to the beat of C L E M S O N!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to hear Bobby Bowden weigh in on this topic....

Jul 16, 2018, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Just another SEC Pumping Homer ]

But to admit that the ACC has improved considerably (by virtue of better recruiting and better coaching) can only mean the SEC has dropped in talent and prestige---despite what ESPN continues to preach

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher says ACC owes improvement to SEC

Jul 16, 2018, 5:07 PM

He knows neither game will be easy and more than likely he's going to lose both!

Then next season he gets to face us in Death Valley and lose again!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 16, 2018, 5:30 PM

No problem with this statement. I too get tired of the SEC beating their chest but they have earned it. There is no doubt the ACC has closed the gap and is making more progress. As a child growing up the ACC was the benchmark for college basketball until the Big East of the 80s & 90s came along to challenge them. SEC top to bottom is still the best conference but the ACCs top 4 or 5 teams can match up with SECs top 4 or 5.

Wrong! They haven't earned it.

Jul 16, 2018, 6:11 PM

Alabama is an amazing football program. The rest of the SEC have had good teams spread out from time to time. Just as every conference has had good teams spread throughout. But the media, for over a decade, gave them unfair recruiting advantages by means of ridiculous and ignorant propaganda. As a result of their over inflated status we've seen extremely overrated teams from the SEC be embarrassed over the years. As have other good teams from other conferences. Jimbo is just munching on the leftover attempts of ESPN and CBS trying desperately to keep their profit margins up by selling college football in the worst possible way... By picking sides. They've pretty much given up on the fraudulence. Maybe you and Jimbo should as well.

Re: Wrong! They haven't earned it.

Jul 16, 2018, 10:08 PM

100%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are more teams in the SEC capable of being very good

Jul 17, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Wrong! They haven't earned it. ]

in any given year than the ACC. Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, and Tennessee have all won national titles in the last 20 years (BCS/CFP era) and could all realistically do so again in the next 10-20 years (obviously some are closer than others right now). Georgia was about as close as you can possibly get without winning one last year and are clearly capable of doing so in the next few years. It hasn't just been Bama at the top.

Who can realistically win a title in the ACC? Clemson and FSU certainly. Miami has before and should still be capable. Mayyyyybe VT if you squint really hard, but I'm not sure they have a much better chance than say Texas A&M. Kevin Sumlin proved you can recruit well enough there to win a national title (not a huge shock considering they are in Texas) - he just wasn't the right coach to properly utilize the talent. VT has never recruited at that level. They made the title game in 99 with a generational talent at QB, but they still got smacked around in that game by FSU and the talent discrepancy was pretty obvious.

Almost every school in the SEC is passionate about CFB and committed to winning. You can't say the same thing about nearly half of the ACC.

No problem with what he said here..

Jul 16, 2018, 5:36 PM

Playing Georgia, Auburn, etc. through the years has made us a better team IMO.

Re: No problem with what he said here..

Jul 16, 2018, 6:18 PM

As I see it, the ACC doesn't owe the SEC anything.Clemson has brought the ACC up, along with FSU. Now that dumbo is in the sec, he will start beating his chest as to how great they are. I call bs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 10:10 PM

He will fit in better there, because his character matches theirs. I do think less of TA&M for stooping down to his level to hire a coach. I thought their character was better than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 9:35 PM [ in reply to No problem with what he said here.. ]

Hiring Dabo as our HC has powered Clemson to the top, nothing more and surely nothing less!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 10:11 PM

This!

Jul 16, 2018, 6:22 PM

He is right. The gap has closed greatly. 10 years ago the gap was so wide I didn’t think it would ever close. ACC schools just got tired of living in it and committed more resources to getting better. Top to bottom we are just as good Take one SEC school Bama out and one ACC school Clemson out and ACC is better.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 8:44 PM

You mean the BCS gap where the sec was automatic. Where they let two teams play for the NC It’s been bs ever since Espn bought the Sec

Jul 16, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Texas A&M's Jimbo Fisher says ACC owes improvement to SEC ]

I wouldn't go that far. Outside of us, who in the ACC is better than Georgia and Auburn?

Jul 16, 2018, 6:22 PM

He is right. The gap has closed greatly. 10 years ago the gap was so wide I didn’t think it would ever close. ACC schools just got tired of living in it and committed more resources to getting better. Top to bottom we are just as good Take one SEC school Bama out and one ACC school Clemson out and ACC is better.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumbo Fisher is going to owe his firing to the ACC

Jul 16, 2018, 6:54 PM

and SEC.

Re: Dumbo Fisher is going to owe his firing to the ACC

Jul 16, 2018, 7:45 PM

What the....... Read the quotes 3 times. Still not sure what was said. No wonder someone called him "Dumbo". What "double talk"!

For some reason, he didn't mention that last year.

Jul 16, 2018, 7:52 PM

What a difference a year makes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2017/07/13/florida-state-jimbo-fisher-acc-better-than-sec/477271001/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 16, 2018, 8:06 PM

Keep talking Jumbo. Nice bulletin board material.

My lord does Florida State need to schedule Texas A&M

Jul 16, 2018, 8:18 PM

That would be a fun game to watch!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My lord does Florida State need to schedule Texas A&M

Jul 17, 2018, 6:03 AM

Maybe this season will play out so they can be matched up in a bowl game.

Jul 16, 2018, 9:12 PM

Jimbo Fisher took over a dynasty and turned it into a dumpster fire. Bobby Bowden built it and Jimbo Fisher destroyed it. His lack of discipline on his Florida State teams led to FSU's fall (for example see Jamis Winston's behavior during the Clemson FSU game where he was suspended for the first half and tell me who was in control). Jimbo will only have minimal success at A&M and will be forced out before the halfway mark of his 10 year contract. IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, what?

Jul 17, 2018, 8:31 AM

It was a dumpster fire at the end of Bobby Bowden's tenure! In Bowden's last 5 seasons FSU went 8-5, 7-6, 7-6, 9-4, 7-6. They lost to Wake Forest 30-0 at home one year.

FSU went 7-6 last year in Jimbo's final season (the same record Bowden compiled in 3 of his final 5 seasons), but Prior to that FSU won 78 games in Jimbo's first 7 seasons. Jimbo rebuilt that program to a national title level and deserves all of the credit for doing so.

Now whether or not Jimbo is capable for sustaining a program for a decade is another matter, but there's no reason to think he won't be successful pretty early on at A&M.

he laid the facts out . .

Jul 16, 2018, 11:09 PM

perfectly. SEC has been the better conference. The ACC is catching up because of them. Well said.

Tell 'em coot

Jul 17, 2018, 1:45 AM

SEC certainly helped him last year basically from

Jul 17, 2018, 7:04 AM

fired to hired...sneaking off without having the guts to tell his players. What a load of crap. "The ACC improved so much due to the SEC they even whipped my butt and it unfortunately (for A&M) will happen here" ---should have been his comment. The major turning point for me to cause loss of respect for him was his handling of Jameis Winston--what a fine fellow he is and not to forget his thug blindsiding our guys and celebrating as he was thrown out with no repercussions from "Jimbo"-the Lizard man!

just Coach speak. What do you expect him to say?

Jul 17, 2018, 7:21 AM

He's trying to make friends and influence gigems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's right.. that conference has been going downhill for abo

Jul 17, 2018, 8:50 AM

about 15 years now and we've reaped all the benefits. They've had one or two good teams every year. and the rest is just like every other conference. Bama you gotta give credit to. They've carried the banner every year in college football as a whole. But after that... And everyone knows this its just lazy to continue to act like its 1998 and florida, tennessee, georgia, auburn, lsu, and arkansas are all tops in the nation at the same time with great teams and coaches.That was a great run but that was also 20 years ago.

Who gives a flying flip what he says? Seriously, find

Jul 17, 2018, 8:51 AM

something else to be mad at

Best Is The Standard

Doooooooosh***

Jul 17, 2018, 9:51 AM

Is he attributing FSU's "improvement" since Bobby Bowden

Jul 17, 2018, 10:15 AM

retired to the SEC?

I'd bet he said all that in roughly 16 seconds***

Jul 18, 2018, 1:23 PM

Jul 20, 2018, 7:26 AM

And the "Can you hear me now" guy spent a lot of time comparing Verizon and Sprint when he first jumped ship. People say what the marketing dept and the big bosses want to hear so they can show loyalty to whoever signs the paycheck.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic