Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney calls B.T. Potter his most talented kicker ever but needs focus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,696

TNET: Swinney calls B.T. Potter his most talented kicker ever but needs focus

Oct 15, 2019, 12:26 PM

Swinney calls B.T. Potter his most talented kicker ever but needs focus

Clemson head coach was seen aggravated and give some tough love to his kicker B.T. Potter after a 24-yard field miss during Saturday's 45-14 win over Florida St Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney calls B.T. Potter his most talented kicker ever but needs focus

Oct 15, 2019, 3:50 PM

What Dabo has done with our kickers, or anybody else since he's been the HC has worked, and if it wasn't working, we wouldn't have already played for 3 NC titles and won two of them. If you want to be a starter, you have to earn that spot by being better than the guy that is running out on the field ahead you, and that is the right recipe for winning championships.

I don't think that I'm the only one that thought that wasn't the case 100% at the beginning of Dabo's head coaching career. I think that when Dabo first became our HC, he would favor the most senior players over young but more talented players at times, but I don't believe that it's that way anymore. I think that he learned pretty quick that talent and ability was better than just experience alone. I don't think that experience is a bad thing, but it's better to have a lot of talent and ability that will get better and better with a little time to develop, and it's hard to beat a lot of talent with a little bit of experience that allows that talent to grow, but without the talent, the experience don't have much to grow from. And once Dabo can trust BT to go back out and trust his talent more, he will allow him to go back out and gain the experience where everything he does will be automatic coming from muscle memory, and that is what talent develops into with some time, muscle memory....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney calls B.T. Potter his most talented kicker ever but needs focus

Oct 15, 2019, 4:12 PM

Lmao. You could have just said that Dabo took him to the woodshed for being sloppy.

Dabo has never favored seniors over

Oct 15, 2019, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney calls B.T. Potter his most talented kicker ever but needs focus ]

younger guys who were ready to take the starting spot. Please save the only example you have - Cole Stoudt - because he deserved to start over a guy who missed spring practice and wasn't quite ready to take over the most important position on the field. When he was ready, he did take over.

There are no other possible examples, so please flush that silly narrative down the drain once and for all.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,696
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic