Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets

Nov 25, 2019, 3:42 PM

Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets

Former Clemson and current Oakland receiver is in a world of hurt after his team's loss at the New York Jets on Sunday. NFL insider Ian Rapoport reported on Mon Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets

Nov 25, 2019, 3:48 PM

:(

Nov 25, 2019, 7:35 PM

This from a long time Raider fan. Carr has a horrible habit of throwing to guys who might make the catch (short of where they need to gat to), but have absolutely nowhere to go after the catch. Worst case, as is the case here, they get crushed.

Just one more reason to hate the jets.

Nov 25, 2019, 3:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Yep. Broken ribs hurt like hail!***

Nov 25, 2019, 4:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. Broken ribs hurt like hail!***

Nov 25, 2019, 4:52 PM

One of the worst, anything simple hurts like Hall, especially trying to get up!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just one more reason to hate the jets.- cant imagine

Nov 25, 2019, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Just one more reason to hate the jets. ]

I bruised mine once and it was awful pain for weeks. Cant imagine how much more broken hurts

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 4:53 PM

Well bruised and broken are about the same, have had both!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Just one more reason to hate the jets.- cant imagine ]

Add to it the punctured lung. From experience that is painful as hell when that air starts going into your body cavity

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 25, 2019, 11:02 PM

What will hurt even more than the broken rib, is when they take that drain tube out, that got me bent all out of shape, it caused me to threaten to kick the doctor assistants butt when I got to my feet bc he lied that it wouldn't be that bad. It felt like he pulled my lung out with the tube!!!

Nov 28, 2019, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Just one more reason to hate the jets.- cant imagine ]

I had a punctured and collapsed lung resulting in a 1 week hospital stay. The chest tube insertion hurt like the devil, but that was minor compared to what happened later. When they pull out the tube they immediately put a salve covered bandage over the wound. In my case, it leaked and sounded like I was breaking wind out of my side...which I found hilarious. I would not have, had I known what it meant. It meant that air was getting in the cavity under my lung. They then had to use an extremely large hypodermic needle under my lung to suck the air out. The needle insertion was not that bad, but when the started pulling back on that plunger...every part of my body hurt, even my hair hurt I believe. It was worse than the tube insertion, extraction, or anything else I had ever felt in my whole life. I have since had pancreatitis which might come close due to how long it hurt, the pancreatitis was caused by warfarin prescribed due to pulmonary embolism. Also had 4 level cervical fusion, after which I almost coded. 1 week hospital for PE, 1 week for pancreatitis, 1 week after acdf fusion surgery...three weeks in 8 week time. The cervical stenosis resulted in spinal cord damage which disabled me at 54 years of age.

In college that would be targeting AND pass

Nov 25, 2019, 4:19 PM

interference!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Targeting?? He did get there early.***

Nov 25, 2019, 4:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 4:25 PM

Always thought he was too small and non muscular for the NFL. But he was living his dream and you can’t blame him for that. Wonder if he will give it another shot after he heals or if his wife will talk him into walking away. You know she must worry about him terribly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’ll be back.***

Nov 25, 2019, 4:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets ]

THAT...is not smart.

What has he done to make you think he will not heal and continue his remarkable run as one of the NFL’s best receivers?

Nov 25, 2019, 8:21 PM

There is not a bigger competitor on the field than Hunter. I don’t know if this is worse than the lung injury Deshaun sustained but they taped him up and bussed him to games

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 25, 2019, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets ]

User Logo
1972 Tiger®
Orange Blooded [2378]
TigerPulse: 100%
Posted: Nov 25, 2019 4:25 PM

Always thought he was too small and non muscular for the NFL. But he was living his dream and you can’t blame him for that. Wonder if he will give it another shot after he heals or if his wife will talk him into walking away. You know she must worry about him terribly.

LMFAO DID YOU ACTUALLY JUST TYPE THAT.

Nov 25, 2019, 8:01 PM

You're absolutely correct. How can some one have that user score and type that???!! I know I'm still a relative newbie but come on that kid is heart personified. Besides he took plenty of ungodly hits at Clemson and was fine.

Message was edited by: bleedsorange81®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets ]

Size and muscularity have nothing to do with rib injuries. I really don't know how your post makes any sense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets ]

Hahahaha. First time learning about Renfrow?

He could be missing appendages and would still insist on playing. He doesn’t back down from ANYTHING.

He will be back. Period.

Nov 25, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets ]

I really don't think he will walk away, he is a competitor and he will stay until he comes to the point it is time to retire. The pass interference happened with the first hit. He had the ball until he was hit in the ribs. May our Lord give him healing. Roar back Hunter!!!

Nov 25, 2019, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets ]

You been hacked?

Nov 25, 2019, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Hunter Renfrow suffered broken rib, punctured lung vs. Jets ]

He will be just fine when he heals up, minor set back!!!

Nov 25, 2019, 4:29 PM

Feel for him and prayers are with him for a speedy recovery

He actually dropped a wide open pass earlier in the game - a first that I can't remember he did in a long time

Always be a great Tiger

Feel better but rib injuries are a #####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NFL is too often a k-rap league...

Nov 25, 2019, 4:56 PM

It doesn't protect its product, either in players, or in officiating. Every time I try to get into, especially with following Tigers, it's simply a big let down. How some calls are made, ignored...or allowed to stand is beyond baffling.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2019, 8:15 PM

I've posted this to several fan sites on FB.

People are asking where they can send get well cards...can y'all provide info for this????

I tried looking for a way to contact the Raiders, but there isn't anything for the average person. Figured someone with media could get to them

That's the problem with playing slot in the NFL***

Nov 25, 2019, 8:36 PM

I've had bruised ribs...

Nov 25, 2019, 9:44 PM

...sneezing was like being hit with a baseball bat.

You're going to sneeze about three times a day no matter what.

I can't imagine a broken rib and punctured lung.

Praying for a quick recovery for Hunter.

Re: I've had bruised ribs...

Nov 28, 2019, 12:06 PM

Always blow out all of your air before you sneeze or cough with injured ribs. Like magic, you don’t have pain with the “baby sneeze”.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:34 PM

Get well soon and best wishes Hunter!

Nov 29, 2019, 3:47 PM

You wont hear complaints from the kid. Doc says 15 weeks, hes out in 15 weeks running in front of locomotives to field passes.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic