»
Topic: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #64 'Mother's Day on Bowman Field in 1950s'
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 4, 2020 2:39 PM by: flatfoots®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #64 'Mother's Day on Bowman Field in 1950s'

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 8:32 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #64 'Mother's Day on Bowman Field in 1950s'

TigerNet will be posting several historic Clemson photos during this difficult time with no Clemson sports. Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka ® submitted many o Read Update »

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #64 'Mother's Day on Bowman Field in 1950s'

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:12 AM

Have enjoyed the photos of "Clemson Through The Years"...wouldn't it be great if a photo album be made available for sale of all the pictures and corresponding notes. Would make a great coffee table book

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #64 'Mother's Day on Bowman Field in 1950s'

Posted: Jun 4, 2020 10:42 AM

I used to go to the Mother's Day event in the early 1950's and enjoyed the marching cadets. This brings back good memories of an early childhood. I wish they had the Mother's Day ceremony when I was in ROTC in the sixties. Mothers would dress up and come from far away to see the ceremony.

[2]
Posted: Jun 4, 2020 2:39 PM

Wow! This is Mother's Day 1952. I was company commander of B-2, and we won Best-Drilled Company and Best-Drilled Platoon. My Guidon Bearer is second from the right. Col. Cookson, Commandant, pinned the guidons with appropriate award ribbons. I'm in the second row to be pinned along with my 3rd Platoon leader, Ben Nettles. One of the very proudest days of my life.

2020 white level member

Replies: 3  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
564 people have read this post