Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #125 'Clemson's road win over VT in 1977'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #125 'Clemson's road win over VT in 1977'

Aug 4, 2020, 9:28 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #125 'Clemson's road win over VT in 1977'

TigerNet will be posting several historic Clemson photos during this difficult time with no Clemson sports. Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka® submitted many of Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at that game...

Aug 4, 2020, 9:44 AM

I remember we parked beside the baseball field which was located behind the endzones where the football practice fields are now located. I wanted to go run the bases but my father wouldn't let me because it was wet and muddy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I was at that game...

Aug 5, 2020, 3:05 PM

I was too. Tigers played great that day. We sat in the Va Tech (or VPI as it was more commonly referred to back then) student section and I remember a lot of them left by half time (it was cold, rainy, and they were getting their butts kicked). Never seen so many empty liquor bottles in my life when they cleared out...half gallon and quart bottles, not little pint bottles. Definitely not as strict as they were at Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see Steve Fuller as a Soph.

Aug 4, 2020, 9:56 AM

What other players do you see?

Steve Fuller was a Junior in 1977

Aug 4, 2020, 10:10 AM

cu81grad said:

What other players do you see?

His Freshman year was 1975.

Thats the back of Dwight Clarks helmet just over 65’s shoulder.***

Aug 4, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to I see Steve Fuller as a Soph. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a muddy dern mess!***

Aug 4, 2020, 12:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on this day, the town was renamed

Aug 4, 2020, 1:11 PM

Black-n-blue burg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting to me

Aug 4, 2020, 2:39 PM

A lot of people try to claim that a properly displayed tiger paw must be oriented to the one o'clock position. While I do prefer it that way, it clearly has not always been the case. Are the "one o'clockers" just another group like the "woo-hooers" and the "fight, fight, fighters"? (When I was in school, that cheer ended with only two "fights.") Traditions evolve, which means that some of them are not traditions at all.

I was at an athletic fundraising auction at the

Aug 4, 2020, 4:30 PM

west end zone a while back, probably over 10 years ago. Anyway, the guy from the Ad agency that initially designed the tiger paw logo explained that they got a real tiger paw plaster cast made and then made the logo from that. They decided to "turn" it so that center was around one o'clock. This was because that is when most of the Clemson Football games started. This guy (old retired guy) was part of the group that designed the logo. Not sure if there was any "requirement" that the logo had to be displayed like that. Obviously, from the helmets in the picture they were not in 1977. Anyway, that is the story that I heard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic