Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Five Tigers make Athlon preseason All-America
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Five Tigers make Athlon preseason All-America

Jun 19, 2018, 11:58 AM

Five Tigers make Athlon preseason All-America

Five Clemson players landed on Athlon’s preseason All-American teams. Clemson offensive tackle Mitch Hyatt, defensive lineman Christian Wilkins and defensive en Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Five Tigers make Athlon preseason All-America

Jun 19, 2018, 12:08 PM

Dexter Lawrence third team?! I don’t get that.

he played hurt most of last year when he played

Jun 19, 2018, 1:46 PM

and didn't put up the numbers to compete with an Ed Oliver, the Maa'tafa guy, Hurst from Michigan, Vea from UW or even our very own Christian Wilkins. with all of those guys back this year, it just stands to reason that Big Dex is going to have to make some bodies hit the ground this year... and if he does, the NFL will make him an offer he can't refuse, so, a healthy Big Dex is going be just fine and really make our DLine one of the best to ever do it, no matter who recognizes him from a publication or not...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he played hurt most of last year when he played

Jun 19, 2018, 2:02 PM

Thanks, good point there.

Jun 19, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five Tigers make Athlon preseason All-America ]

Dead right. They missed that one.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five Tigers make Athlon preseason All-America ]

The other issue is that they don't differentiate between DE & DT. Everyone is listed as DL, so they have more DE's than DT's through the whole list.

If he stays healthy, as is as productive as we know he's capable, He'll be a top 10 pick in the draft.

I'm a little surprised

Jun 19, 2018, 12:21 PM

With the roster going down to a 4th team that ETN and/or Higgins are mentioned...lack of significant playing time so far maybe?

Re: I'm a little surprised

Jun 19, 2018, 2:38 PM

Aren't they both 1st team??

Re: I'm a little surprised

Jun 20, 2018, 8:23 PM

Keep in mind that these are All-American teams as opposed to All-ACC. There are only a total of 8 WR's and 8 RB's on all four teams that are being selected from 130 teams. There's no doubt that both Tee Higgins and Travis Etienne are both talented enough to put up the kind of numbers needed to be named as an All-American, but based off of each of their production last year the numbers don't warrant them being mentioned as one of the top 8 players at their position in the nation. When the real All-American teams are selected at the end of the year there is a very good chance that one or both of them will end up being selected.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 1:20 PM

Saw they said we’ll make the playoffs with one loss. Who is the team that they project will beat us?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 2:40 PM

Don't know. Maybe they're well just blow a game along the way.

Jun 19, 2018, 8:11 PM

I love seeing Clelin getting the love. He seems like a REAL solid guy and sorta flew under the radar until last year. He deserves every good thing that come his way.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic