Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Elliott on improvement in Bryant's passing game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Elliott on improvement in Bryant's passing game

Aug 16, 2018, 1:31 PM

Elliott on improvement in Bryant's passing game

Clemson held a closed scrimmage on Thursday morning. Co-offensive coordinator Tony Elliott spoke with the media following the scrimmage about several topics inc Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good news. I hope it's consistent.***

Aug 16, 2018, 1:33 PM

Re: TNET: Elliott on improvement in Bryant's passing game

Aug 16, 2018, 1:35 PM

I would love nothing better than KB2 lighting it up this year with the other 2 guys being able to come along in 4th quarter play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 1:36 PM

I hope most games are over by half time. For the other guys to play in 2nd half

Please remove all posts with no TL News

Aug 16, 2018, 1:37 PM

Thanks,

Management

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Aug 16, 2018, 1:47 PM

Just moar BS to justify Dabo's blind loyalty to seniority! ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Aug 16, 2018, 2:02 PM

You'll know how much is fluff and how much is true in a few weeks after a few games. How easily some forget this same coach speak with Cooper vs Johnson.... Then we all saw the reality. I'm inclined to let the games do the speaking. If he's improved, it'll show...I really hope he is.

Aug 16, 2018, 3:17 PM

Exactly...the game play will show. In my opinion, kelly B’s team until if we have game problems and rightfully so.

we were told he improved in the spring as well

Aug 16, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ]

spring game showed a different story

Aug 16, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ]

I hate to say it but I dont believe it either. I think they realize KB is the sentimental favorite of the team and dont want to possibly have this impact the morale by making an early decision. Once the regular season starts we will season the real KB. Sloppy mechanics, unable to complete the mid range passing game. That will serve as the justification for making the switch to TL. Just hope and pray that this delay in making the inevitable switch to TL doesn't cost us a game.

Aug 16, 2018, 6:10 PM

You're cousin is a Clemson fan though ... right ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 16, 2018, 2:13 PM [ in reply to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ]

You know TNet doesn't do sarcasm, don't you? ;)

Dabo Would Be Crazy to Come Out Publicly And Fluff It

Aug 16, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ]

The players hear these interviews and he would lose the locker room. If he wanted to jam KB in he can just do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Would Be Crazy to Come Out Publicly And Fluff It

Aug 16, 2018, 2:47 PM

Yeah, you’re right but you can take last years post scrimmage interviews and pretty much change the names from Hunter, Z, to TL and Chase.

I have yet to hear that Trevor won the day, and until TE threw in the mention that Chase has won a few after grading, we’ve never heard anything other than KB had a great day and oh, yeah TL did good too but...

Like the other posters, will see come gameday. It isn’t like KB couldn’t make a good throw every now and then, it’s his decisions and the consistency.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Dabo Would Be Crazy to Come Out Publicly And Fluff It ]

And you still think Cooper was the better #2 QB last year, like he said then, right??

Who here saw enough of HJ and ZC to know? No one.***

Aug 16, 2018, 5:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who here saw enough of HJ and ZC to know? No one.***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:31 PM

Hunter outplayed Cooper in every game they both played in. I'd think that's enough to come up with the assumption. Did better than him vs Kent State, did better vs WF, and they aren't exactly a slouch ending 3rd in the Atlantic.

I saw enough - will bet you a dollar number and you can

Aug 19, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Who here saw enough of HJ and ZC to know? No one.*** ]

choose it on who has a higher ceiling and an NFL future between HJ and ZC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Would Be Crazy to Come Out Publicly And Fluff It ]

That was kind of mind boggling last year. There must have been some reason HJ was 3rd. Maybe he forced too many balls and had a lot of picks.

Right now dabo is going to talk like a politician about the qb race because it's what's best for the team. He's already commited to playing TL. I would be shocked if KB has accuracy problems and TL doesn't get a chance to come in the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant

Aug 16, 2018, 6:03 PM [ in reply to BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ]

Dabo knows he can win with any of these Qbs, no reason not to.
When folks say they Bryant took us to the play-offs last year
& 12 wins. I am like, no he didn't. He contributed to us getting
there. In fact...with the talent on that team. I truley believe
one of the walk-on Qbs could had gotten us to the play-offs.
And we're seeing evidence of that again this year, Swinney really
doesn't need the best guy....

Yet.

Aug 16, 2018, 2:55 PM

Fodder for the media.

Aug 16, 2018, 3:29 PM

Fodder for TigerNet until the next tweet (from Finebaum, College Football Live, Muschamp,etc) that Crump wants to post on the main page to feed the masses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have the coaches ever said that TL won the day?

Aug 16, 2018, 7:26 PM

If so, I don't recall that. If so, it's hard to believe that only KB and CB have won the day. Perhaps I just missed it or the coaches are reluctant to publicly admit when TL wins the day.

Coach Speak - w/touch of truth!

Aug 16, 2018, 7:45 PM

As stated earlier; don't want to lose the locker room. In my opinion, yeah, it's Kelley's job to lose. If he is performing well in camp; he keeps the job. But, the games are where you get the largest % of your grade. I hope KB has boosted his confidence and accuracy "on the routine passes" this offense needs. If not, no doubt he gets pulled. Even if the Tigers win; if he is missing the lay up throws, not giving our talented WR's an opportunity "in the game" even those loyal to KB having the job will be on board with a change. Then no worries about losing the locker room! These guys want to win and they play for each other and CU! Trust the coaches who have a top 5 winning % in college football!
**p.s. one also never knows how a player will perform when the game is real either! Which is why TL would need to get some meaningful snaps in a game yet decided. But, you know w/o question KB can; b/c he has done it! Who is taking a known commodity for "what you hope might be"? He's talented and will likely answer the bell alla DW4 vs. Georgia on the road. Just saying he could be like some other well known 5 star can't miss prospects----------------->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVDEaRda-4

**Let it play out; either way it's Go Tigers no matter who the starter is!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Speak - w/touch of truth!

Aug 16, 2018, 8:23 PM

Nailed it..........spot on. We will know LOTS more after A&M game. Have no problem playing em all for first part of season. Best man plays most snaps.....cream will rise to the top. No worries. Go Tigers

LOL

Aug 16, 2018, 9:28 PM

Dabo has a lot of PT Barnum in him ... who need KB and TL when CB May be the best QB in the country. Maybe KB and TL should transfer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"He's ripping balls in the seams"

Aug 19, 2018, 9:28 AM

ouch

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic