Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game

Feb 17, 2018, 4:35 PM

Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game

Duke announced Saturday afternoon that standout frontcourt player Marvin Bagley, III, will miss No. 12 Duke's Sunday game at No. 11 Clemson. It will be the thir Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game

Feb 17, 2018, 4:43 PM

might even things up...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2018, 1:17 PM

We can never match Dukes talent, and to win we have to play well above our talent level, and losing our senior power and leadership does nothing but hurt our chances. Be glad that we've had the run that we have had, and hope we can win half of our remaining games left to finish out our regular season. The lack depth is the killer of all good teams at the end of a season and post season. WE can't replace depth without enough of talent from top to bottom of our roster, but we can try, and that's all that I expect, a good try!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2018, 5:44 PM

What this means....
basicly, Instead of losing by 30, we might lose by 17-18

Your attitude sucks.

Feb 17, 2018, 6:17 PM

Unfortunately, you have company on TigerNet. But WHY?!?

It is pathetic that two virtually even teams are playing, but some here don't even give one of those teams a chance of winning. Consider:

-Clemson and Duke are both ranked within 1 spot of each other in the top 25 polls (11 and 12).
-Clemson and Duke are both ranked in the top 10 in the RPI.
-Clemson and Duke have roughly identical records, both overall and in the ACC.
-Clemson and Duke are tied for second in the ACC.

Yet you don't even think Clemson can lose by less than double digits?!? What is wrong with you?

I get it, we won't have Grantham or Mitchell. But we haven't had Grantham for a while now and are still playing great. We don't know how we will do without Mitchell, but Duke doesn't have Bagley, the leading scorer and rebounder in the ACC. We don't know how that will affect them against us either.

Plus, we're at home.

Please tell me why you don't even give us a chance to win?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Your attitude sucks.

Feb 17, 2018, 6:44 PM

the key here is game is at Clemson......and that is why I believe we will win this game.......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Re: Your attitude sucks.

Feb 17, 2018, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Your attitude sucks. ]

*undefeated at home in 2017/2018 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Do you call yourself a Clemson fan?

Feb 17, 2018, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game ]

What a disgusting display of fandom. You should be embarrassed. Please turn in your Tiger paw and exit the building, asap.

Feb 17, 2018, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game ]

I’ll take clemson and 17 moron. Want to bet?

Feb 18, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game ]

Actually it even things up a little bit and gives us a great shot at winning tonight. These posters are right about that crappy attitude. Your prob one of those saying coach BB needs to be let go GTFOH with that losing by 30. We are at home and a great basketball team!!! Hate to see someone miss a game but it def helps us a lot! Let's go out and beat Duke boys!!! Go Tigers!!!

Even though I hate to see anyone hurt ...

Feb 17, 2018, 7:05 PM

This kinda evens things out. We got two guys down, they got THE guy down. Therefore I say we are even steven. Therefore, I predict Victory ! We just have to execute the Prime Directive.

- Take it to the hoop !
- Kick out to the open man !
- Defend like your protecting the Winning Powerball ticket !

Do these things and be glad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2018, 7:53 PM

This is a prime example of why these kids need to go straight to the nba instead of having one & done. He has no desire to be a college player. Yes he may be injured but he probably could play but he doesn’t want to risk his future. NCAA needs to change the rule. They are all going to Duke bc the rat aka master splinter coaches the USA men’s basketball team. I done with my rant.

Feb 17, 2018, 8:04 PM

On top of everything, someone needs to take out the master tripper. You know he will trip at least 2 or 3 players. Just what the idiot does and manages to get away with it. CBB needs to stay of top of it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2018, 8:30 PM

I think this team will play hard
Go tigers!!!

Feb 18, 2018, 2:39 PM

Duke getting all the calls.
Not good...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:07 PM

Good game tigers!!!

Feb 18, 2018, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game ]

Good game tigers!!!!

Feb 17, 2018, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game ]

FYI - it’s not the NCAA’s rule.

Feb 18, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Duke star to miss Sunday's Clemson game ]

Well I'm hearing a lot of the blue bloods are going to be hit HARD by the FBI they just finishing up their investigation of NCAA men's bball. I've read multiple articles that it's going to be huge and most of the blue blood programs are going to be in a lot of crap. I don't know if Duke is one but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Duke is part of investigation. I guess a positive of being bad for 6-7 years is there is nothing for FBI to find on us. If clemson has been paying players it has been money terribly spent for the basketball program Haha. Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic