Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Doctor treating COVID patients weighs in on Trevor Lawrence playing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: Doctor treating COVID patients weighs in on Trevor Lawrence playing

Oct 30, 2020, 1:07 PM

Doctor treating COVID patients weighs in on Trevor Lawrence playing

Let's start here: nobody knows the immediate future ahead for Clemson's Trevor Lawrence as he's experiencing what he called "relatively mild" symptoms after tes Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Doctor treating COVID patients weighs in on Trevor Lawrence playing

Oct 30, 2020, 1:13 PM

I really don't see the point of this article. So, we start by saying Lawrence has very MILD symptoms, then ask a doctor his opinion based on people that were HOSPITALIZED (which sorry, that is WAY past mild symptoms)....just don't see the correlation of a person with mild symptoms vs the rehab needed for hospitalized patients.

Oct 30, 2020, 1:15 PM

If it’s not all doom and gloom then it can’t be a story nowadays.

Bingo . My daughter got the corida

Oct 30, 2020, 2:01 PM

..was put in the same isolation procol..

Released.. and is running around clemson again.

I'll look around the internets but I dont think I'll see any dr interviews saying she should be in surgery.

Furthur more, I saw the stupid 1st take segment.. like always they made it political and didn't realize how stupid they came across.

Clemson and the acc are following surveys more strick protocols than dr Gucci or tne CDC recommend. They are taking this thing more serious.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

“Strick” protocols? Dr. “Gucci”? That’s enough

Oct 30, 2020, 4:06 PM

from the idiot gallery.

Auto correct. Have a nice day.***

Oct 30, 2020, 4:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Auto correct. Have a nice day.***

Oct 30, 2020, 4:41 PM

"Auto correct." Otherwise known as technological fact-checkers, like the fact-checkers relied upon by Facebook, CNN and the NYT.

It's always fun to get CNN's factcheckers duelling with NYT's. Interspecies fight to the death!

Autocorrect. Have a nice day gucci.***

Oct 30, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to “Strick” protocols? Dr. “Gucci”? That’s enough ]

Oct 30, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Doctor treating COVID patients weighs in on Trevor Lawrence playing ]

I agree completely.

They would have been much better off contacting the team doctor for VA Tech or other teams who have seen positive cases in athletes who have already returned to play.

That wouldn't fit the headline grabbing attempt though by placing Myron Rolle's name on the video.

They are assuming that because he played football and is now a doctor, that he is in tune with how athletes will respond to the virus.

drama drama drama!! Ask an ICU doctor what he thinks!

Oct 30, 2020, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Doctor treating COVID patients weighs in on Trevor Lawrence playing ]

"He should probably rest for the next six years, I don't want to get sued!"

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Is Dr. Rolle the same guy who played for FSU?***

Oct 30, 2020, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Is Dr. Rolle the same guy who played for FSU? yes

Oct 30, 2020, 1:18 PM

and has probably never met Trevor. So in sports media hack world he is imminently qualified

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Dr. Rolle the same guy who played for FSU?***

Oct 30, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Is Dr. Rolle the same guy who played for FSU?*** ]

yes. He left FSU went to Englad as a Rhodes scholar. Came home and tried to play in the NFL. Didn't' make it more than a year or two. Went to med school and is now a neurosurgeon.

He was a big time recruit out of HS. 5 star. Top Ten overall, #1 at his position.

He was a solid starter for FSU but never achieved his expectations coming out of HS.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Dr. Rolle the same guy who played for FSU?***

Oct 30, 2020, 9:15 PM

+1 thanks for the info.

Rhodes scholar - I guess you have to where you can get in

neurosurgeon - I guess you have to take whatever job you can get

However, I do agree this article is a bit over the top. Dabo would never let a sick or injured player into a game until it is safe. Get well soon TL!!

quit the nfl to become a neurosurgeon***

Oct 30, 2020, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Is Dr. Rolle the same guy who played for FSU?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2020, 1:21 PM

Wow! we went from one extreme to another-
Tl16 -mild symptoms to
This guy has TL16 sounding like he is on his death bed.
I can't recall Dabo every playing a kid- that was not ready to go.
Safety first for the player.

This why people are not wanting to listen to the experts- They can't even agree on things.

Kelly Bryant at Syracuse says hi.

Oct 30, 2020, 1:27 PM

Bryant had no business playing that game, let alone being kept in when he could barely run.

But otherwise, yes I agree with you about Dabo not playing players who need to sit out.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Kelly Bryant at Syracuse says hi.

Oct 30, 2020, 1:30 PM

Kb was perfectly fine to play in the game against Syracuse until several plays before his head being slammed to the turf, one of their players took a cheap shot at his previously injured ankle.

Prior to that he was moving fine and having no problems protecting himself and playing a decent game.

Yes KB played 3 or 4 plays too long (or I guess technically 1), but he was fine to start the football game.

I don't know, maybe I'm misremembering but he didn't

Oct 30, 2020, 2:06 PM

seem to be moving well from the start. I agree with Karen on this one, he probably should've sat that one out from the beginning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I don't know, maybe I'm misremembering but he didn't

Oct 30, 2020, 3:16 PM

You had me doubting myself so I went back and checked the play-by-play from the game.

Kelly Bryant started the game 9-9 before falling to 12 of 17 at the point he left the game.

That would indicate that he was more than capable of playing in the game until he took several shots to his ankle.

The series before his last was when he took the dirty shot that basically made him immobile.

The last series before the half lasted only 3 plays (4 if you count a holding penalty that negated a short completion). Bryant was 1 for 2 passing for 10 yards on that last drive but was no longer moving on his feet at all. He was injured while trying to scramble on a 3rd and 10 play that went for no gain.

Sure Bryant was limping pregame, but he was more than capable of playing and playing well in the game until Syracuse changed that.

As Syracuse is now known for taking cheap shots, they did so in this game to Bryant's ankle area.

Oddly enough the play in which Bryant left the game was not a dirty hit and was the result of Bryant not being able to move well enough to protect himself.

We were down 17-14 at the half.

As I said, he was in the game about 3 or 4 plays (or a series) too long, but technically only 1 play too long.

Oct 30, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Kelly Bryant at Syracuse says hi. ]

I’m a “Golden Tiger” who graduated in 1969.
I love Clemson. We have been IPTAY members forever. We have attended hundreds of Clemson games- home, away and bowls.

We attended the game at Syracuse and sat 10 rows behind our bench. We arrived early to see the Tigers warm up.

Kelly Bryant was LIMPING BADLY while he jogged up and down the sidelines as he warmed up. There was no way he could run our offense effectively. I was surprised that Dabo put him in because he could not run.

Also, it was obvious that the team was not mentally ready to play that FRIDAY night game. Dabo had already complained about Friday night is for high school ball. I agree but our team was a 19 pt favorite but was not ready to play.

Our defense tackled poorly and Eric Dungy played lights out. We lost to an inferior team who played better than us that night.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant at Syracuse says hi. ]

I blame that one on the coaches. Backup and next guy should have been ready. Next guy up was not and they never gave the third guy a snap to see. That Cooper has gone on to be a solid starter elsewhere is commendable because based on that outing you wouldnt have suspected it was possible

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2020, 1:49 PM

Agree with your comments on Cooper and I think we saw last year why Johnson was not allowed to go in.

Northwestern found out that Johnson in spelled disaster.

I really liked the kid, but for some reason things just never seemed to click for him.

Oct 30, 2020, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Kelly Bryant at Syracuse says hi. ]

Judge, I honestly think the KB situation is what taught Dabo to trust medical staff, not players.

Any player, especially one who considers himself the team leader, thinks they can play as game time approaches. The adrenalin alone convinces you, plus the rest and inactivity and painkillers convince you that the ankle is only stiff, not injured. So the players say whatever the doctors want to hear AND HURT THE TEAM by playing. I think Cooper was ready to start, but not as ready to relieve as he should have been. Dabo should have trusted ZC and the med team.

Remember NCSt when Gallman got drilled? Wayne asked for his helmet and wanted to go back in even though he failed every question in concussion protocol. You can't trust players with their own safety.

I don't think Dabo has always been a err-on-the-side-of-safety guy, but he has learned to be. And no, I don't for a second think that all college head coaches have learned that lesson as SVP said yesterday.

Oct 30, 2020, 1:22 PM

Yeah, but Rolle is a Seminole. He's just saying that 'cause he doesn't want TL playing against FSU. Don't believe a word he says.

Note: Lest anybody doubt, the above was posted 100% in jest, not to be taken seriously at any level.

Oct 30, 2020, 1:27 PM

If Rolle was commenting with his Seminole heart he should recommend that they play Lawrence against ND in the instance that the road trip caused a team outbreak and prevented the Tigers from being ready for their game vs FSU 2 weeks after the ND game.

Oct 30, 2020, 3:43 PM

Do y’all remember when this guy played at FSU? He was always the feel-good story on College Gameday because he was a Rhodes scholar and was going to go to Oxford or something like that. He was the FSU equivalent of Daniel Rodriguez regarding fluff pieces.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2020, 2:01 PM

Most startling bit of information here is that Florida State has an ex football player who is a neurosurgeon !?*#?! Whoa

Oct 30, 2020, 2:06 PM

Yeah, I think I would like a second opinion.

Yes, I'm sure a Rhodes Scholar neurosurgeon is too dumb

Oct 30, 2020, 6:51 PM

not to allow his allegiance to a football team to cloud his judgement on matters relating to being good at his job.

This doctor is a card carrying wimp, I can guarantee it...

Oct 30, 2020, 3:31 PM

...probably has a collection of Hurricane Tracking Maps, supports the NASA asteroid tracking program and worries about the emissions oh his neighbors lawnmower....

Oct 30, 2020, 3:37 PM

They lost me when it said he is at Mass General. Way too politically charged a state to take anything from a doctor that doesn’t even work directly with COVID only mild symptoms. I’m guessing they could have found better experts on the staff of every college team that’s had a player test positive. Given our opponent this week I’d say a Boston-based neurosurgeon was about 4 steps removed from an expert in this case. Wonder how they will monitor Trevor’s oxygen level being isolated and living alone - some remote sensor monitored 24 hours by a physician?

Mass General is one of the best hospitals in

Oct 30, 2020, 4:15 PM

the country. I’m not taking a stand on the validity of the doctor’s opinion, but dragging politics into a discussion of Mass General healthcare is idiotic.

I suppose you’d prefer they contacted a doctor at Oconee.

Oct 30, 2020, 4:10 PM

We shall see if the good Doctor is right or wrong about this one. He is not the Doctor overseeing TL. Either way Clemson will be ready. DJ is the real deal and this BC game is going to build his confidence. Get well TL and listen to what the Clemson Doctors say and tune out all the negative noise.

Oct 30, 2020, 6:46 PM

I have complete trust in Dabo & the staff. If he’s ready to go they’ll play him, if not they won’t. It’s that simple.

Oct 30, 2020, 8:00 PM

So, why not ask Trevor’s personal
Physician.? I agree...this article makes
absolutely NO SENSE. Only Trevor knows
how he feels. BTW I would tell you a joke about
Covid 19..but there is a 99.8% chance you won’t get it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2020, 9:28 PM

BS ALERT! "Covid 19..but there is a 99.8% chance you won’t get it."

9,000,000 / 328,000,000 X 100% = 2.7% already +527,000 new confirmed cases every 7 days

Oct 30, 2020, 8:36 PM

How about Mtron Rolle, He was a great (not good) great Safety for the Nole on Bobby's last good teams back in the day and he was a Rhodes scholar (I remember because his interview was on a game day and the NC2a gave permission to fly him on a private jet to his interview and then back for the game.

Really impressed that he is now a Dr. after his NFL carrer. Well done old chap....

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic