Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Deshaun Watson says Clemson was 'best decision I ever made'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

TNET: Deshaun Watson says Clemson was 'best decision I ever made'

Dec 13, 2018, 2:53 PM

Deshaun Watson says Clemson was 'best decision I ever made'

Houston Texans quarterback and former Clemson All-American Deshaun Watson gave a window into his path to stardom and the people that guided the way in a Players Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun Watson is unreal and he is Clemson...

Dec 13, 2018, 3:00 PM

To the bone. What a fine young man. And Dabo, when that guy has a vision it becomes unshakable. GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Deshaun Watson says Clemson was 'best decision I ever made'

Dec 13, 2018, 3:01 PM

The mind and the passion behind a great Tiger. Thanks for the insight. DW4, you, and the team made a dream come true for us fans.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 3:01 PM

Reading this article about Deshaun makes me so glad that he will always be a Tiger. Heck, I can't think of a better ambassador for Clemson University and Clemson Tigers Football. Go Tigers!

File this under: "Why Play for CDS?"..

Dec 13, 2018, 3:04 PM

The G.O.A.T. "keepin it real"

Man, I miss him! The only player who made Nick Saban go nuts***

Dec 13, 2018, 3:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, I miss him! The only player who made Nick Saban go nuts***

Dec 13, 2018, 9:04 PM

Pretty sure Hunter Renfrow drove Saban more nuts!

Getting torched by a scrappy walk-on 2 years in a row! Lol

Re: Pretty sure Hunter Renfrow drove Saban more nuts!

Dec 14, 2018, 7:20 AM

Every so often I go back and watch Hunter's earlier touchdown in the NC game, just to see Saban's expression afterwards. :)

Dec 14, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Man, I miss him! The only player who made Nick Saban go nuts*** ]

3 years in a row, about to be 4.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Man, I miss him! The only player who made Nick Saban go nuts*** ]

And now Nick Saban has to deal with Trevor. Nick may have to have a vacation at the funny farm.

Dec 13, 2018, 3:39 PM

Like Swinney, a rare breed who has blessed Tiger nation! Go Tigers, Go Texans!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to know

Dec 13, 2018, 3:40 PM

Nuk hasn’t gotten in his head!! As much as Nuks mouth annoys me, him and DW4 are fun to watch together!! Looking forward to Saturday.

Sounds like Nuk has gotten into yours***

Dec 13, 2018, 3:45 PM

Re: Good to know

Dec 13, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Good to know ]

Do you realize Nuk has came back and taken classes at Clemson to work towards finishing his degree? Stop being butthurt about trivial stuff like NFL introductions.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 14, 2018, 7:22 AM

I still feel like Nuk will introduce himself as being from Clemson after he actually graduates.

Dec 14, 2018, 10:03 AM

For Nuk to honor the high school he loves and that encouraged and supported him isn't a negative toward Clemson. Clemson gets lots of attention, good to uplift those who uplifted you when you were just an unknown kid.

Pulse. Is. Evil.

Dec 13, 2018, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Good to know ]

Must
Kill
Tiger
Pulse

But how?

Oh, I have an idea!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Pulse. Is. Evil.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:06 PM

You've got me. I give what is "tiger pulse?"

Get your heads out of the sand

Dec 13, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Good to know ]

Nuk is not a Clemson man. You don’t leave a program that got you to NFL caliber and turn around and trash it. The influence his statements had on potential recruits will never be known. But I digress. On with the kumbaya.

Re: Get your heads out of the sand

Dec 13, 2018, 4:30 PM

What were those comments exactly? Was he talking about Clemson or the NCAA? Give me a link

Just Curious... Is a "Clemson Man" different than a Clemson

Dec 13, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Get your heads out of the sand ]

Grad?

Because not every Clemson Grad, or soon to graduate, or even one time attendee has had the same Clemson experience. And not every Clemson lover waves a Clemson flag. And if the explanation of your experience that may include some degree of slight, pain, or just indifference is taken by some as to bashing then hey... it is what it is.

Realize this, some family members don't come home every holiday just because their feelings are hurt over some OLD argument that some don't even remember. But guess what , They're Still Family. Stop bringing it up and let him deal with it. He still represents Clemson and always will.

Dec 13, 2018, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Get your heads out of the sand ]

Let's just ignore him answering questions on Instagram about 2 weeks ago calling Clemson the best college in the country, because that doesn't fit the ######

Dec 14, 2018, 10:14 AM

Gosh thank you so much for posting that. Somehow I missed that on IG.

I’m curious...when did you attend Clemson?***

Dec 13, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Get your heads out of the sand ]

Dec 14, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Get your heads out of the sand ]

You don't know what you are talking about. Nuk is a Clemson guy unlike yourself. I love that he honors his high school which gave him support as a teen when he needed it.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Get your heads out of the sand ]

How did Nuk trash Clemson? Seriously, first I've heard about it.

Dec 14, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Good to know ]

Nuk comes home all the time. He takes classes at Clemson, and he works out at Fike at least once a month. I see him jogging down 93 frequently and he still works with Daniel High School regularly.

Dec 17, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Good to know ]

I've read comment after comment from Nuk that is positive toward Clemson. If he ever had hard feelings, he obviously isn't holding a grudge.

Message was edited by: EdistoIslandTiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the top three decisions I ever made as well...

Dec 13, 2018, 3:43 PM

just behind the wife and three kids.

Deshaun Watson, Class A++***

Dec 13, 2018, 4:26 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Deshaun Watson, Class A++***

Dec 13, 2018, 4:42 PM

What n incredible young man. he has made me a huge texans fan and i am sure he will win a Super Bowl for them. maybe even this year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 5:50 PM

DW4 is one of very few people that I would trust if he told me something, and I have never met the kid face to face, but you just know that he would be trust worthy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 3:09 PM

I agree.

As if I needed anymore reason to love Deshaun

Dec 13, 2018, 4:41 PM

This article pops up.

One of the greatest athletes and person you will ever meet or know of. Couldn't be anymore proud he was a Tiger.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 4:42 PM

:) :) :) :) :)

You ever feel that ‘Thank you Deshaun’ seems

Dec 13, 2018, 5:41 PM

Terribly insufficient?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure was.

Dec 13, 2018, 5:44 PM

And sure glad he made it.

Re: Sure was.

Dec 13, 2018, 5:58 PM

Don't hate me for it but, I was so glad that he wasn't picked no sooner that he was in the draft. And before the Texans made a move to get him, the Texans was where I was hoping he would go bc they really needed a QB, and DW4 would have a chance to play there early, and there were already a few Clemson players with the Texans. He has been a game changer for his team, and I'm so proud of him!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure was.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:14 PM

Wow, Deshaun has been hitting the weight room. Is starting to look like a 'rassler.

Clemson was the best decision I ever made too***

Dec 13, 2018, 6:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson was the best decision I ever made too***

Dec 14, 2018, 12:57 AM

Not in Deshaun's class - but was best decision I ever made too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

And we all love him for it.

Dec 13, 2018, 6:40 PM

He is simply legendary

Dec 13, 2018, 7:09 PM

I love this guy forever! Always so impressed with his attitude and commitment.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:15 PM

Great ambassador for C.U.

Dec 13, 2018, 7:31 PM

I can’t describe the pride I feel that such a fine young man chose to attend our beloved University. Nor can I describe the genuine happiness I have for DW4 and his past, current and future successes. He’s a true Clemson man and a f***ing living legend! Thank you Mr. Watson, the Ring of Honor awaits you!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 1:47 AM

DW4 is such a great representative of Clemson university. He’s literally the epitome of what this program stands for on and off the field. He will always be legendary to us Clemson faithful

Dec 14, 2018, 3:49 AM

And not yet mentioned; He lived up to his promise to NEVER lose to USCjr!

Dec 16, 2018, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Deshaun Watson says Clemson was 'best decision I ever made' ]

I credit him to a certain extent for the fact that blue-chip QB's are starting to come to Clemson. Consider that in the next 2 years we may have the top 3 HS QB's at Clemson!! And, Chase Brice would be starting at most other major college programs in the country. IMHO, Chase will have a career in the NFL.
What a selfless, team-oriented guy. Lucky to have him here.

I can happily say the same! Thank you

Dec 14, 2018, 12:25 AM

to God and all of my family for making CU my family’s university!

Dec 14, 2018, 7:45 AM

Anytime someone makes a post about “players don’t get paid”, this article should be the response. As a player he had a responsibility to get the education Dabo was offering him.

Class act with his head on straight. I love this guy!!

Dec 14, 2018, 9:45 AM

Deshaun is a mirror image of Dabo and all of our coaches and all his teammates. Dabo recruits young men with character because he and our coaches are men of character. GO TIGERS.

Dec 16, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Deshaun Watson says Clemson was 'best decision I ever made' ]

Who are you referring to? And, a full scholarship to Clemson, including tuition, meals, and housing would easily come to 20K a year. Not to mention, being trained and developed by one of the premier coaching staffs in the U.S. Clemson is a very generous school. I graduated from San Diego State, and then years later attended Clemson for a year in order to catch up before entering my Ph.D. program. I was obviously penniless, and Clemson was totally gracious in helping me obtain financial aid, and they never asked me for a dime. Class act.

Rare Company

Dec 14, 2018, 9:45 AM

Deshaun is one of a select few professional athletes that I have no problem with my kids thinking of as a role model. In an era where we see pro athletes in the news outside of their sport for all the wrong reasons, DW4 is the breath of fresh air that the NFL and other professional sport leagues can and should embrace.

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Rare Company

Dec 15, 2018, 12:44 PM

That is absolutely bc he was raised by a wonderful lady that was determined to give and sacrifice everything she had or could get to make sure her children had the best start in life to succeed if they would work as hard as she did to help give them the opportunity!!! It was her values and her love for her kids is why DW4 is who he is today. Because of all she has sacrificed for her children, is the reason she will live the rest of her life in comfort. I can't speak for the rest of DW4's siblings, but any young lady that DW4 settles with, they will have to have the approval of his mom bc they will have be a family made as one, as a whole!!!

GO DW4 and GO TIGERS - will never forget what you did***

Dec 18, 2018, 3:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic