Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney responds to Muschamp's 'Real Death Valley' comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney responds to Muschamp's 'Real Death Valley' comments

Apr 19, 2018, 7:43 PM

Dabo Swinney responds to Muschamp's 'Real Death Valley' comments

South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp was the featured guest at the Gaston County Sports Hall of Fame on Monday night and threw a jab at rival Clemson with th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will give him a REAL welcome when

Apr 19, 2018, 7:51 PM

November rolls around - he will know where he is and wish he was where he was.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Clover..

Apr 19, 2018, 8:32 PM

how clever you are!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will give him a REAL welcome when

Apr 19, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to We will give him a REAL welcome when ]

Would be cool to coordinate the chant "We are Death Valley!" In fashion similar to the C-L-E-M-S-ON chant

More like Penn State's "We are...Penn State"

Apr 19, 2018, 11:26 PM

It's a pretty awesome cheer when they get it going.

Apr 20, 2018, 10:22 AM [ in reply to We will give him a REAL welcome when ]

True! You can't blame Coach Boom for trying to forget about Death Valley.

Maybe this time the Cawks can get within SIX TOUCHDOWNS of the Tigers.

Apr 20, 2018, 11:04 AM [ in reply to We will give him a REAL welcome when ]

After the Tigers knock the stuffing out of Mustchomp, he will not be able to tell where he is.

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney responds to Muschamp's 'Real Death Valley' comments

Apr 19, 2018, 7:57 PM

MustCan't will feel that he is at the real DV come November 24th, and he will remember it for the rest of his coaching career, and his life!!! He will surely remember his statement!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t understand why little jabs like this get our fan base

So fired up. Muschamp, IMO, said it as a joke and was just trying to be funny. He knows what happened when he went to Death Valley in 2016 so why would he be serious about what he said? Maybe he was being serious but like I said, IMO, it was all in fun. Now I will admit the stuff spurrier used to say would really tick me off but this is a rivalry, you should expect little jabs/comments here and there.

Scratching a Tiger's asz in a phone booth ain't funny.***

Apr 19, 2018, 8:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the funny thing about it is....

Apr 19, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to I don’t understand why little jabs like this get our fan base ]

it just shows how much we are on his mind and how feeble his mind is since he can not even come up with his own original remark. In his career, he has always relied on other people to make himself look "good" as an assistant. Every time he has been a head coach, he has still tried to rely on other people.like using spurrier's old remark or trying to win with the coach that left players that had won before he got there. Basically, he has failed at every college where he has coached. But, hey, he now has the prodigy Little man Jake to keep him alive.

Re: I don’t understand why little jabs like this get our fan base

Apr 20, 2018, 8:36 AM [ in reply to I don’t understand why little jabs like this get our fan base ]

Why would he say it in the first place. It was a stupid thing to say in public, especially after the old fashioned beat down he and his team just suffered. I really didn't expect anything different from him, though. Maybe after a few more whippings like that he will learn a little.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B/c he has people like Todd Ellis in his ear all the time

Apr 20, 2018, 9:05 AM

telling him he'll lose the fanbase if he's not a total turd to the rival fanbase. And this was his little nugget for those, like Ellis, so they'll leave him alone about it. You can tell Muschamp isn't comfortable with it but knows he has to play to his idiot fanbase so they'll accept him. Because this is how they act on a day to day basis.

That fanbase is starving for him to create some controversy and heat between Clemson b/c they are in no man's land right now and need to something to #### of Clemson Nation even if its fake or manufactured. If he went on some contrived rant about Clemson and our coaches he would be paraded through town as a hero. But you can tell its not in his DNA to be delusional about his standing and he knows his team needs to get better and get on equal footing with Clemson before he can logically start doing all that. Even though i don't think he likes that kinda thing.

Re: I don’t understand why little jabs like this get our fan base

Apr 20, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to I don’t understand why little jabs like this get our fan base ]

It's called pride from years of being one of the hardest stadiums to come in and leave with a win. As fans we love knowing that home games can be the death of teams that want to come in and feel they can take something from us out of our home grounds with our fans making so much noise that they can't hear themselves speak.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dabo is too classy and kind.

TU for Dabo

Apr 19, 2018, 8:18 PM

Dabo will quietly remind the team about Muscrap’s cuteness. Coach Will won’t soon forget the loud and proud fan welcome at DV this November. The OBC could be a real jerk and frankly he retired because he knew full well Dabo would have the far better team his final season. Muscrap just doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut.

Go Tigers!

Apr 19, 2018, 9:23 PM

He is not to old to still learn a few things!!!

Dabo's too much of a gentleman to run up the score. He'll

Apr 19, 2018, 8:21 PM

only let TL & Co. hang 70 on them this fall.

There***

Apr 19, 2018, 8:22 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Dabo realized that there is nothing to see here and kept

Apr 19, 2018, 8:31 PM

it moving... and so should the rest of us because that fire is always lit and being fed with gas...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Muschamp looked like someone walked over his grave the last time he came to Clemson.

Apr 19, 2018, 8:37 PM

He would be wise to keep his mouth shut but he’s not.

Re: Muschamp looked like someone walked over his grave the last time he came to Clemson.

Apr 19, 2018, 8:57 PM

he just might look like billy ringo as well after doc holaday finished with him.dabo won't be just foolin' about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Muschamp looked like someone walked over his grave the last time he came to Clemson.

Apr 19, 2018, 9:00 PM

Johnny Ringo

Apr 19, 2018, 9:28 PM

Apr 19, 2018, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp looked like someone walked over his grave the last time he came to Clemson. ]

sorry.must have been channeling former CU player billy wingo.tombstone is one of my favs.probably kilmer's best movie.love the spelling contest scene with ike clanton.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 19, 2018, 11:31 PM

Definitely a good debate with his performance in The Doors and Heat also.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Apr 20, 2018, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Muschamp looked like someone walked over his grave the last time he came to Clemson. ]

No doubt. Tombstone quotes are sacred

Apr 19, 2018, 8:42 PM

Mussy at his worst. Dredging up old "jokes" that shoots himself in the foot and even following in his pathetic predecessor. Dabo handled superbly.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So maybe Muschump should read some history

Apr 19, 2018, 9:07 PM

They even started by calling it Deaf Valley.

http://www.lsunow.com/sports/football/which-tiger-team-owns-the-real-death-valley/article_e9576f3a-180a-11e2-bd8e-0019bb30f31a.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Apr 19, 2018, 9:18 PM

Never Again ??????

Apr 19, 2018, 10:05 PM

If I was the 5head, I think I would be telling MuchCramps to shut the H3LL up. Cramps mouth is writing checks that Jakey's #### can't cash.

We have a rival??? In state????

Apr 19, 2018, 11:24 PM

Wow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: We have a rival??? In state????

Apr 21, 2018, 9:19 AM

Furman. Our oldest rival and the one we should be focused on as it is our next game! :)

His trash talk is as bad as his coaching. At least try to

Apr 20, 2018, 6:51 AM

be original instead of a saying the same thing as the last coach

Apr 20, 2018, 11:36 AM

WHO?

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Apr 20, 2018, 12:20 PM

Muschamp was probably that kid in grade school who talked smack on the playground and after he got his butt handed to him, he turned around and talked more smack about the person who beat him up like it wouldn’t happen again. Boy I can’t wait for November

Message was edited by: Fridge_Perry®

Apr 21, 2018, 9:48 AM

Talk is cheap! We’ll check results on Nov. 24!

Apr 21, 2018, 10:58 AM

love it...I hope Dabo stays on the gas the whole game, let all of our qbs score on them.

Apr 23, 2018, 11:55 AM

I love Coach Dabo and his response ... Coach knows there is a lot of football to be played between now and then,
and I don't think now is the time for smack talk. Go Tigers!!!

Apr 24, 2018, 5:53 PM

Even Bear Bryant knew the real Death Valley in 1967

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76gRF9419ro

Re: Lumpy will think he is on

Apr 24, 2018, 7:55 PM

Isla Sorna

Wilma Mustcrap's transformation to...

Apr 25, 2018, 6:07 PM

...full-on coot is now complete. He's now reduced to parroting the same stupid worn-out memes that all who have come before him did...it's all he has.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic