Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson leads 2018 All-ACC team with 18 selections
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson leads 2018 All-ACC team with 18 selections

Nov 26, 2018, 3:04 PM

Clemson leads 2018 All-ACC team with 18 selections

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – Three-time defending Atlantic Coast Conference champion Clemson leads the 2018 All-ACC Football Team announced on Monday. The Ti Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a load of crap.

Nov 26, 2018, 3:13 PM

TLaw is twice the QB Ryan Finley is. Stronger arm, better runner...just an altogether better QB.

Hunter Renfrow THIRD TEAM? Are you kidding me? And how is that Allen kid (the DE at Boston College) not first team defense?

Blows my mind.

They’re not gonna put all 22 of our starters as first team.

Nov 26, 2018, 4:45 PM

Plus, all conference usually means who has the best stats for an entire season,

Finley due to starting and playing in all state’s games deserves first team. Renfrow only has 41 catches. They ain’t gonna earn you first team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They’re not gonna put all 22 of our starters as first team.

Nov 26, 2018, 4:57 PM

Lawrence has more touchdown passes, half as many interceptions, a higher passer efficiency, and a higher QBR. Lawrence was robbed.

LOL***

Nov 26, 2018, 5:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL***

Nov 26, 2018, 5:25 PM

Are you “loling” facts? I don’t know what you find funny. You cannot honestly believe Finley was more deserving than Lawrence.

Pre-season, Finley was the clear choice, but now I’d bet

Nov 26, 2018, 6:34 PM [ in reply to They’re not gonna put all 22 of our starters as first team. ]

Not a single coach in the conference would take Finley over Lawrence if they had their pick.

But, that’s okay ... Lawrence will get it the next two years.

As far as WRs ... we suffer from having the cTches too evenly distributed among a wealth of top players instead of one or two.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They’re not gonna put all 22 of our starters as first team.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to They’re not gonna put all 22 of our starters as first team. ]

Well then, I believe I could pick players if they let me have all our Clemson 1st team players, and beat the crap out of their bias 1st team!!! To me IMO, that BS they are doing there is as worthless as T1TS on a Bore hog, they just don't get it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a load of crap.

Nov 26, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to This is a load of crap. ]

I'm honestly ok with Finley getting the nod. Finley is a senior who is 99% likely to be drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft. Lawrence is a freshman who didn't even start the whole year. He has two more years to prove he's the best QB in the ACC. I think the nod should go to the senior.

Nov 26, 2018, 5:12 PM

No way Finley goes first round. He’s a noodle arm QB that collapses under pressure.

Nov 26, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: This is a load of crap. ]

It should be based purely on merit, not seniority.

Nov 28, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to This is a load of crap. ]

Absolutely, this bull #### is as bias as they could make it, and they don't care who knows it. The rookie player of the year is put on the second team. How the #### did they think he won Rookie player of the year. Did they think that he done that from playing on the second team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couple of Honorable Mention guys- point those out as well!!

Nov 26, 2018, 3:19 PM

Great job guys!!

When are POY awards announced

Nov 26, 2018, 3:21 PM

Looks like ETN got the most votes of any offensive player

and

Cle got the most votes of any defensive player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitt

Nov 26, 2018, 3:27 PM

has no defensive selections on the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team. I haven't scouted them that hard yet. Are they not as good defensively or do they just not have many stand-out players on D?

Re: Pitt

Nov 26, 2018, 3:50 PM

They appear to be very average all the way across the board. Nothing stands out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 3:56 PM

Total Defense #68
Rushing Defense #80
Team passing efficiency defense #76
Passing yds Allowed #61

They’re in trouble.

Nov 26, 2018, 4:07 PM

Pitt will play lights out against us so we better be ready. Remember two years ago they kept us on our heels all game. Also, I can't believe our freshman receiver from Alabama didn't make at least honorable mention.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

have to figure if lawrence started

Nov 26, 2018, 4:08 PM

every game he would be frist string..not a bad showing for him to already be second team wit only 7 full starts under his belt. (i discount the cuse game because he got knocked out early)

Well, Finley has been playing for 8 or 9 years, seems like

Nov 26, 2018, 6:17 PM

I think an announcer said during the CU-NCSt game that he was working on his second Master's degree. Seriously, it seems like he's been there forever. I'll take three years of Lawrence over eight years of Finley any day.

Including honorable mention, that's 10 from each side of the

Nov 26, 2018, 4:38 PM

ball. Awesome stuff!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson leads 2018 All-ACC team with 18 selections

Nov 26, 2018, 4:55 PM

Hownin the world was Finley first team over Lawrence? Lawrence has way better stats and is simply the better QB. Did they just not want to give it to a true freshman?

Nov 26, 2018, 5:03 PM

How does NC State have 5 first teamers on offense to our 2 when we beat them in offensive category?i. This seems biased. Do all of the voters live in Raleigh?

Nov 26, 2018, 5:19 PM

Clemson's problem is that we rotate so many wide receivers. HR would have many more receptions if he played more snaps. Even with his few, there is not another receiver who has more clutch catches. He is money in the bank.

Some good points made ...

Nov 26, 2018, 5:15 PM

The USA knows TL 16 is better than Finley - Finley’s not stupid and he knows it. So Finley was given a senior career award. OK. We get it. TL16 and Tee Higgins are 1st team Al-ACC with more TL16 starts. That’s Dabo’s call. And Coach is concerned with team goals not individual. And good for ETN.

Make no mistake, the 1st team even with CF99, Dex, and CW42 loses to 2nd team with TL16, Tee and Trayvon. Now lets wish BV and Dabo the best as they get the young men ready for historical victories. Go Tigers!

Ross isn't even honorable mention...SMH***

Nov 26, 2018, 5:31 PM

Soooo, not WRU?

Nov 27, 2018, 12:10 PM

Got it. Thanks ACC vote givers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic