Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson announces new student football ticket plan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson announces new student football ticket plan

Jul 5, 2018, 10:33 AM

Clemson announces new student football ticket plan

Clemson sent out a new ticketing plan for students on Thursday, which will offer a season ticket package. A total of 3,600 season tickets will be available with Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUSG decision. NOT IPTAY***

Jul 5, 2018, 10:37 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, sure. IPTAY is a corporation that controls Clemson

Jul 5, 2018, 11:35 AM

Sports.

CUSG certainly doesn't tell IPTAY what to do.

IPTAY tells CUSG their options and they choose the lesser of the evils.

Wrong....

Jul 5, 2018, 11:43 AM

see tmail

Re: TNET: Clemson announces new student football ticket plan

Jul 5, 2018, 10:44 AM

1500 students can still lottery their way to a Hill ticket and not show up. Or show up late. Very skeptical this will solve this Hill issue. If they are only going to distribute 3000 tickets to the Hill, and have better security than our county’s border, then we will still need a way to assure all the space is occupied.

Can’t anyone who buys a general admission ticket sit on the

Jul 5, 2018, 12:50 PM

Hill? If no, why can’t they? The only way to give students more tickets is expand the stadium, 58-60k season tickets IPTAY, 10k away fans, that leaves 12k, and most of those are on the hill. If Clemson student are now too elitist to sit on the hill let local high school students sit there, they’d love it.

This is what happens with schools >20,000 students

Jul 5, 2018, 10:48 AM

I'll love it with all of my heart until the day I die, but this isn't the same Clemson that I went to anymore. They need the higher enrollment in order to make money and stay in the race, and so I get it. But #### if it doesn't change a lot of the things about Clemson that I loved the most.

The state of South Carolina now how has a population of 5M

Jul 5, 2018, 12:58 PM

And it will exceed 6M in 2030.

Well that’s a plan. Not the best. But still doesn’t

Jul 5, 2018, 10:58 AM

explain how the hill issue will be fixed. The Athletic Departmebt better release a strong plan prior to the season. One that is much better than this one. It was a directive straight from the board of trustees. If it’s not fixed this year, someone needs to lose their job....and get someone in there that can make it happen between IPTAY, student gov., and the Fire Marshall.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how about we

Jul 5, 2018, 11:27 AM

give the ROTC grunts truncheons and helmets and they go through the dorms and frog march any students they find straight to the hill?

Seriously, an entrance gate on the north side of the hill so it can fill in before the team runs down should go a long way toward fixing this without a bunch of complicated stuff.

so students are going to show up for a hill ticket...

Jul 5, 2018, 11:18 AM

...not even knowing if there are any available? I doubt it.

They just need to punish people for not using or returning tickets. I honestly think that would solve the issue. People who really want the tickets can't get them because other people get them and let them go to waste. If you get a ticket and it isn't scanned at the game or returned prior to the game you shouldn't be able to get anymore tickets that season.

Jul 5, 2018, 11:20 AM

I actually like this plan. It helps with 2 issues right off the bat:

1.) For the games with higher attendance, even if you aren't able to get a ticket from the lottery, you can solve that problem by showing up SUPER early to get one of the Gameday tickets

2.) For the games with lower attendance, a lot of students that didn't get a ticket from the lottery (either because they forgot or didn't realize until Gameday that they'd like to go) can just pick one up at the game. Not only does this help people that decide to wait until the "last minute," but it pretty much guarantees that anyone who gets these tickets is going to sit on the hill. Think about it, you're at the game already so you're obviously going to show up.

That said, there are a couple of issues that they still need to address.

1.) People that don't show up. I still think there should be a penalty for this of some sort.

2.) How much the hill is policed and how it's so much more difficult now just to get to the hill. I hope they find a way to lighten up on this or otherwise make it easier to access the hill. Honestly I know there were some incidents every once in a while, but I think it should be just fine to allow non-students to go there. I mean, it's not like having only students is going to completely prevent incidents anyway. It's an 80,000+ person stadium, stuff is going to happen from time to time whether students or not.

Definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion.

Jul 5, 2018, 11:22 AM

I apologize for not capitalizing "The Hill" in this post.

Jul 5, 2018, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson announces new student football ticket plan ]

Another thing that I'll mention here is that by having season tickets that you pay for, obviously most of those students are going to show up. These are in the lower and upper decks though, which doesn't directly help out The Hill attendance.

Even still, this helps out The Hill indirectly as well, since this means that there are now less lower and upper deck tickets available to the crowd that would rather get free tickets. Thus, more of the people that want free tickets will be sitting on The Hill since the lower and upper decks will be taken up more quickly.

Jul 5, 2018, 11:23 AM

That pretty dang expense. I only paid 80 a semester when I went to LSU. I get that some are still free, but still.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were overcharged at LSU

Jul 5, 2018, 11:47 AM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All these options confuse the ole man!

Jul 5, 2018, 11:56 AM

Saying..wonder what these various prices & options do for a young, half-educated college student who’s really busy socializing & looking for free beer & hot wimmens..and the game is just a fun place to be and thus couldn’t care about what football means to people’s lives on Tigernet and Coaches & Players.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty simple

Jul 5, 2018, 12:16 PM

The kids that are there for socializing can decide to get a free ticket if they want to enter the game.

Otherwise students can buy season tickets or enter the lottery week to week. Seems to me like they are getting more flexibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jul 5, 2018, 12:01 PM

does not solve the problem, just changes it

Students who don't care that much can still get a ticket via lottery. They have nothing invested but a couple of key strokes. Many will still not show up.

As some one else pointed out, how many students will show up on game day to stand in line for "maybe" a ticket.

Old system. Make them get out of bed and pick up a ticket based on credit hrs. After Friday at 3:00, tickets not picked up become general admission for game day purchase. If you are willing to stand in line, you are more likely to go.

Jul 5, 2018, 1:09 PM

The article has been updated:

1.) They now say that there is a 2 strike penalty for tickets not used and

2.) Unsold tickets will be made available to the general public

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic