Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables says knowledge is power in defending Syracuse attack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,163

TNET: Venables says knowledge is power in defending Syracuse attack

Sep 25, 2018, 8:01 AM

Venables says knowledge is power in defending Syracuse attack

Tempo can be a factor when facing Syracuse, but the Clemson defensive coordinator says discipline early can help late against what can be a challenging scheme. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Venables says knowledge is power in defending Syracuse attack

Sep 25, 2018, 8:07 AM

Watching the game last year it sure looked like so many times our defense was still looking over at the sidelines and getting set when the ball was snapped. I told my wife they never seemed to catch up to the tempo of the Syracuse snaps. Hopefully this year they will be more prepared and in position quicker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 9:10 AM

I expect our Tigers to be ready for Cuse. I believe it will be hard faught but by the early to mid fourth quarter Tigers will be in control.

Sep 25, 2018, 9:55 AM

Completely agree. Our team that beat you is considerably better than last year. But with TL, so are you. I expect a 21 ish point loss for the Cuse, but we could definitely hang for awhile.

Could it get ugly? Sure, but our speed is greatly improved over the team you curb stomped 2 years ago in DV. I was there, man that was ugly. haha

Sep 25, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables says knowledge is power in defending Syracuse attack ]

They lost 2 All-ACC senior wide receivers, so I hope that slows their pass attack. But Dungey can be dangerous...slippery and tough

Sep 25, 2018, 10:25 AM

I think both teams will put alot points up. But again our d line. Will win it for us.

Sep 25, 2018, 10:32 AM

Our OL is much improved over last year, but you are correct. Its still a total mismatch in the trenches. Dungey will be running for his life. Good news is he's one of the best in the country at doing that. Bad news is he may die.

Sep 25, 2018, 12:30 PM

Hahaha. I HATE watching Dungey run away from our defense. He's so quick.

Sep 25, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Venables says knowledge is power in defending Syracuse attack ]

I think that BV will have a plan to eliminate how far he runs for his life!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knowledge is indeed power.....and The Power Rangers

Sep 25, 2018, 10:31 AM

will have the knowledge this time to shut down Syracuse's backfield

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knowledge is indeed power.....and The Power Rangers

Sep 25, 2018, 10:39 AM

I guess we had no film on them last year?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sep 25, 2018, 12:59 PM

The offense that Cuse run on us in last years game, looked like they had the original Chad Morris play book when he fist became our OC it was, Go GO GO, the defense is set, offense changes snap the ball and GO>GO>GO before the opposing D can "adjust"!!! And what BV is saying I think is, set up in a good defensive base set and react with the knowledge of what they see. But I've never seen a "base" D from BV, a blitzzzzz or two is coming from some where.

I'm going to say the cuse game last year has cause BV to lose a lot of sleep bc he hasn't and won't forget it. That is who BV is, he hates losing more than most, and that's why he gets paid the big bucks!!! I'm sure he has spent plenty of time forming a plan to stop that offense, and he will be prepared to defend a counter move that cuse OC will make. "Personally", I don't believe that Brent Venables will be embarrassed by a Syracuse team two years straight, I don't feel or see that happening, and I would be very shocked if it did. Also, playing 3 different QB's in that game actually assisted in cuse having so many offensive snaps in that game that helped them win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2018, 2:04 PM

Dungey running for around 90yds per game so far this year -- spy the QB, turn up the heet from the DE's, and let the ""Power Rangers"" play !!!!!! sounds like a plan to me !!!!! ( oh yeh, DB's better take care of the 1 on 1's, cause that's what they'll see,most of the game**)

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,163
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic