Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Jeff Scott has seen both sides of the rivalry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,811

TNET: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Jeff Scott has seen both sides of the rivalry

Nov 19, 2018, 1:45 PM

The good, the bad, and the ugly: Jeff Scott has seen both sides of the rivalry

Jeff Scott has lived on both sides of the Clemson and South Carolina, and he’s seen the good and the bad. Welcome to Rivalry Week in the Palmetto St.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Jeff Scott has seen both sides of the rivalry

Nov 19, 2018, 1:54 PM

;)

it's pronounced rivaree week

Nov 19, 2018, 2:07 PM

don't you remember the commercials?

Re: TNET: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Jeff Scott has seen both sides of the rivalry

Nov 19, 2018, 2:07 PM

What's the over-under on the number of drunk chickens on Live PD this weekend?

WIN!***

Nov 19, 2018, 2:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Hunter Renfrow....

Nov 19, 2018, 2:33 PM

Very interesting response from coach Scott. Clearly doesn’t want to use the concussion word. Must be a fuzzy diagnosis.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Renfrow....

Nov 19, 2018, 4:24 PM

???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson saved the Scott Family

Nov 19, 2018, 3:12 PM

They have been paying us back every since.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Scott Family and Bowden family are close.***

Nov 19, 2018, 3:57 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2018, 4:39 PM

I know I am dating myself but...

In 1976, Clemson (like most teams) had a weekly TV show on Sundays during the season highlighting the previous day’s game and the last few minutes previewed the upcoming game. At the end of the Maryland highlights, Jim Phillips asked Red Parker about the coming game with SC. The previous year a mediocre Carolina team beat a bad 2-9 Clemson team 56-20, and Jeff Grantz was still in the game near the end padding stats.
Red Parker leaned forward in his chair and said to Phillips, “Every day since last year I have woke up, got out of bed, and got on my knees and thanked God for bringing me one day closer to the day we play those guys again”.
I had always been a Tiger, but I became a Red Parker fan that day! It got a young Tiger ready that day!
Clemson won 39-21. But Red was still fired. I got over it, but I still remember the whipping in ‘75 and the revenge in ‘76!

Nov 19, 2018, 7:10 PM

39-21 was 1974. 1976 was a huge upset when the Tigers won 28-9 in Death Valley. 1980 was another big upset in the Valley when Clemson whipped George Rogers and the Gamecocks 27-6.

Nov 19, 2018, 9:03 PM

You are right! I was going from memory which is not as good as it once was.

Nov 20, 2018, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The good, the bad, and the ugly: Jeff Scott has seen both sides of the rivalry ]

Blue dog, I remember him saying the exact same words at the York Co. Clemson Club meeting that year at Joslin Park. He was a good man and recruited many of those players who gave us the great memories from the late 70's.

Nov 20, 2018, 8:02 AM

reminds me of the time we burned Cocky in effigy on the Scott's front lawn back '95. Boy were they surprised when they saw a 32' tall man chicken soaked in gasoline burning on their lawn lol...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic