Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Scary thought: Tigers are playing well, but Swinney says team can play even better
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Scary thought: Tigers are playing well, but Swinney says team can play even better

Oct 21, 2018, 7:07 PM

Scary thought: Tigers are playing well, but Swinney says team can play even better

Clemson is ranked second in the country by most major polls and is on a roll, having outscored the last two ACC opponents by a combined score of 104-10. Head coach Dabo Swinney told the media Sunday evening that he is pleased with his team’s improvement, but the best is yet to come. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Scary thought: Tigers are playing well, but Swinney says team can play even better

Oct 21, 2018, 7:26 PM

:)

Re: TNET: Scary thought: Tigers are playing well, but Swinney says team can play even better

Oct 21, 2018, 9:08 PM

When coach talks about all the great things NCSU was before they came into DV to play us. I surely hope that he understand that most of Tiger Nation and the rest of the country know that NCSU hadn't played a team that matched their level of competition until they played us, and they came, and they got completely dismantled showing that in no way they were a legit #16 ranked team in college FB. There are some FCS teams out that could beat NCSU also!!! NCSU will have another tough away game Saturday @ Syracuse in the Carrier Dome!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 11:30 AM

Will be interesting to see how the Pack respond next week after the beating they took this week, and where they stand at season's end. Seems possible that they don't lose another game, which would help us if the committee has to consider strength of record of opponents.

Oct 22, 2018, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Scary thought: Tigers are playing well, but Swinney says team can play even better ]

Good point. But I still maintain that N.C. State is a very good team, with a QB that will play on Sundays. However, they just ran into a much better team. I doubt that they will lose more than one other game this season, and maybe none. If we manage to beat a very talented Fla. State down there this coming Saturday, then look out. Incidentally, I think we have the best QB in the country. And what about Chase Bryant backing him up?? Chase would start at most D-1 programs in the country.

Oct 24, 2018, 3:45 PM

I surly believe that Chase could start for any team in college FB bc he has proven that he can help us win. He came into our game playing Syracuse at the worst possible time a backup could come in a game. We were 6 points down when Chase came in the game, and then Cuse put us 9 points down, then we went 10 points down in the 2nd half. Chase got beat up, sacked a few times and threw an Int, but he got himself back up, and brought our Tigers back and won the game for us. Yes, I would say that he could play for any team in the country that he could have went to, and I'm dang glad that he is our back up to TL. I also believe that Chase will be a better back up than what KB would have been if he hadn't Quit!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 5:50 AM

It's not a scary thought for me at all bc, I know that we will have to be a much better team from top to bottom to defeat the Bama Empire, and that is where I'm wanting to see our Tigers. On top of the Mountain and being as hard to knock off as Bama has been over the past 10 years!!!

Oct 22, 2018, 6:51 AM

We are staging to play the Evil Empire.

Oct 22, 2018, 3:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Scary thought: Tigers are playing well, but Swinney says team can play even better ]

Bama won't be able to load the box against against T. Lawrence because he can burn them up with the passing game. Ask N.C. State how well that worked for them. But, let's handle Fla. State and the rest of our season before we start crossing those bridges. Thanks to Dabo we've gotten to the point where we can play a ton of players who have had good game experience. Still, it's going to be a tough road to hoe because we now get everyones's very best shot.

Oct 22, 2018, 10:18 AM

He's right. The missed FG would be costly in a CFP situation against the likes of Bama. You just can't leave those points on the field like that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 22, 2018, 3:35 PM

The rest of the season is going to be a heart-stopper, but at least we have a legitimate shot. I'm not sure that the rest of the country has caught up to the reality of how good our QB is. Plus or RB's, headed by a guy who should be in the Heisman conversation. Trevor will be eventually. And man, look at our receivers!! I'm getting carried away. One game at a time.

Oct 22, 2018, 3:36 PM

Sorry---Our not or.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic